Pages:
Author

Topic: What do you think are the biggest disadvantages of Bitcoin? - page 58. (Read 76730 times)

Activity: 980
Merit: 500
FREE $50 BONUS - STAKE - [click signature]
It is absolutely very long transfer time for now and the transfer fees which keeps too much.I do not know how to deal with this problem, but if these transfer times and transfer fees increase in the future, bitcoin will surely lose that spell.

edit : I did not look at the subject in general, but I see browsing about the same problems

Hopefully these problems will be solved in the future.

Activity: 2590
Merit: 322
SOL.BIOKRIPT.COM
Transaction fee is part of requirement for sending or recieving bitcoin I think it is attributed to miners It keep on increasing because  the numbers of bitcoin user is increasing  and confirmation is taking too much time I think the those consign should find a permanent solution to it.
Activity: 1190
Merit: 253
I am not satisfied with the too long speed of operations. It's still bad that you can not use your coins without the Internet.
In addition to the speed of transactions that begin to slow down, the fee will also be greater. I do not know why the fees get bigger. Currently with a fee of 10k satoshi. You will receive a confirmation maybe a few days

There is a solution for this and you need to push your transaction in either viabtc or other services.  I heard some member here can help you with that.  And I agree, Bitcoin transaction fee is getting ridiculously high in dollar cost.  I hope an upgrade on Bitcoin scaling be implemented soon. I do not care if it is BU or core implementation.  All I want is to see bitcoin scaling being fixed.
Activity: 235
Merit: 250
It has no organized promotional effort. How far can it go without that?
Activity: 713
Merit: 501
The biggest disadvantages of bitcoin are:

*Slow transaction confirmation
*High transaction fee or miners fee

Those are the disadvantages of bitcoin today.

We need solution to scaling problem not a drama.
If core devs and BU dev stop the drama between them and work as a team. I think they can come up a new solution about this problem.

I agree. Gone are the days when bitcoin has an advantage of fast transaction and low fees. Today, the advantage of bitcoin is mainly that it's a good store of value, you can earn from simply holding it, opened up online job opportunities, having a community with people all over the world, etc. The advantage of bitcoin has become its disadvantage and altcoins are grabbing the opportunity to improve the transaction fee and time. Unfortunately, no one has made a lightning network yet which is what we actually need.
Activity: 518
Merit: 271
The biggest disadvantages of bitcoin are:

*Slow transaction confirmation
*High transaction fee or miners fee

Those are the disadvantages of bitcoin today.

We need solution to scaling problem not a drama.
If core devs and BU dev stop the drama between them and work as a team. I think they can come up a new solution about this problem.
Activity: 253
Indeed, the bitcoin price is continue growing and that is good but unfortunately at the same time the fee is also growing. Yet, the speed transaction is becoming slower. In some cases you need to pay higher fee otherwise your transaction will be enshroud.

Confirmation duration in bitcoin delivery becomes a loss in the current bitcoin transaction. And yes, transaction costs become larger ..
Activity: 1498
Merit: 416
I am not satisfied with the too long speed of operations. It's still bad that you can not use your coins without the Internet.
In addition to the speed of transactions that begin to slow down, the fee will also be greater. I do not know why the fees get bigger. Currently with a fee of 10k satoshi. You will receive a confirmation maybe a few days

Probably the traffic is become higher because of the increasing of bitcoin user. My transaction usually confirmed in 10 - 30 minute. I never see the transaction that need a few days to confirmed. I hope there are enginer or developer that can solve this problem.
We surely have to pay much higher fees now to get the transaction accepted in the next few blocks otherwise it will take much more time to get confirmed.
In the past year, if I just paid 20k sat/KB the transaction then it would get added at max in the next 3 blocks and now we have to pay 120k sat/KB for the same.
Indeed, the bitcoin price is continue growing and that is good but unfortunately at the same time the fee is also growing. Yet, the speed transaction is becoming slower. In some cases you need to pay higher fee otherwise your transaction will be enshroud.
Activity: 126
Merit: 100
However, bitcoins is a hot virtual currency,
But the government and banks have not accepted it as mainstream currency.
So, the bitcoins can not be traded in banks and through routine measure of currency.
We should try to pursue govt and banks to accept it as any other currency.
Activity: 2506
Merit: 644
Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!
I don't think that bitcoin has any biggest disadvantage.
For me, bitcoin is complete. But i see in my country only 1% people know about bitcoin. Than i think bitcoin creator do something for bitcoin publicity like T.v adds than people quickly know about it. 
Activity: 882
Merit: 258
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
Bitcoin is not completely implemented in every country and due to very low transaction fee many people are using for illegal activities, The price of bitcoin is also not stable.

Yes, not everybody in this world know about it. And some join in illegal activities like gamblings just to earn bitcoin. Price of bitcoin is really not stable because it depends on your ranked and the no. of bitcoin users. Nowadays its getting higher and that is good for every users.
Activity: 3080
Merit: 603
Not everyone is capable of accepting as a means of payments because they reckon that this BTC is a money laundering stuff and such alike nevertheless for me the most significant factor of BTC is it is not publicly known you could only know it if you have internet connection and are curious to know it, however the majority of living is through communicating and spending offline if you know what I mean. 

Everyone is capable of accepting bitcoin as payment but others doesn't really to rely on it because we are still considered as not legal by the government. And that's the biggest advantage of bitcoin for me right now but it is just a temporary case because one day I know that the government will have time to accept it.
Activity: 2590
Merit: 644
True, I also feel the same irritation when doing a transaction with a small fee. Eg fee 0.0001 btc with blockchain wallet. I'm sure you'll get confirmation the next day Lol

Yeah the fees or confirming transactions is one of the most irritating moments when we are doing transaction. I think this kind of problem is need to fix as soon as possible because if not then it will be the biggest disadvantage of bitcoin and that can bitcoin to drop its price and people will just leave bitcoin because of that.

Agree the fees now a days is one of the biggest disadvantage of bitcoin unlike in the past that isnt the problem but now it is and the delay of sending or receiving bitcoin it really takes time. Though i think it will be resolve sooner or later and i hope so because the price of bitcoin is really incredebly high so it is very good to sell now Cheesy
If you bought your bitcoin at a lower price than the past few weeks then you can sell now but if i were you, i will not sell my bitcoins because i still believe that there is more to wait for this year and i will just decide if i will sell or not after the year ends. The price of bitcoin is just for attraction for other people to invest but it will pump more for this coming months because there is something big coming.
copper member
Activity: 434
Merit: 278
Offering Escrow 0.5 % fee
Not everyone is capable of accepting as a means of payments because they reckon that this BTC is a money laundering stuff and such alike nevertheless for me the most significant factor of BTC is it is not publicly known you could only know it if you have internet connection and are curious to know it, however the majority of living is through communicating and spending offline if you know what I mean. 
copper member
Activity: 2870
Merit: 1279
Try Gunbot for a month go to -> https://gunbot.ph

Probably the traffic is become higher because of the increasing of bitcoin user. My transaction usually confirmed in 10 - 30 minute. I never see the transaction that need a few days to confirmed. I hope there are enginer or developer that can solve this problem.
We surely have to pay much higher fees now to get the transaction accepted in the next few blocks otherwise it will take much more time to get confirmed.
In the past year, if I just paid 20k sat/KB the transaction then it would get added at max in the next 3 blocks and now we have to pay 120k sat/KB for the same.
This is true since the blockchain receives a daily transaction of 300k, that's a lot compared to before which is what you mentioned again. I think there are times that you really need more improvement with it. I just hope that you have patience when regarding with the time of the confirmations because it's really slow now, the difficulty is rising.
Activity: 173
Merit: 100

Activity: 574
Merit: 500
Any store can buy, sell, and accept Crypto

legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 1008
Activity: 490
True, I also feel the same irritation when doing a transaction with a small fee. Eg fee 0.0001 btc with blockchain wallet. I'm sure you'll get confirmation the next day Lol

Yeah the fees or confirming transactions is one of the most irritating moments when we are doing transaction. I think this kind of problem is need to fix as soon as possible because if not then it will be the biggest disadvantage of bitcoin and that can bitcoin to drop its price and people will just leave bitcoin because of that.

Agree the fees now a days is one of the biggest disadvantage of bitcoin unlike in the past that isnt the problem but now it is and the delay of sending or receiving bitcoin it really takes time. Though i think it will be resolve sooner or later and i hope so because the price of bitcoin is really incredebly high so it is very good to sell now Cheesy
copper member
Activity: 2870
Merit: 1279
Try Gunbot for a month go to -> https://gunbot.ph

That's true but knowing what to pay for when in need and what to do with it is what matters. I don't think a lot of people now would leave bitcoin just because the price dips and goes lower because bitcoin has already experienced that and some people regretted it by selling their bitcoins at a lower price. I suggest just stick with it because it will continue to rise.
Pages:
Jump to: