Pages:
Author

Topic: What do you think happened with Satoshi Nakamoto? - page 2. (Read 573 times)

Activity: 602
Merit: 100
I think he purposely hid his identity to make his currency as independent and decentralized as possible. Hardly with him happened that the bad. The whole task around his personality is carefully thought out.

soy
legendary
Activity: 1428
Merit: 1013
Nothing, imo he's just a brilliant guy who faded away with the expansion of btc. He wanted a decentralized system, without leader. He went to the end of his philosophy, even if it meant giving up several billion $. I would rather have a name to admire than a person in himself with all his potential flaws. Everyone is free to create their own satoshi myth !
legendary
Activity: 2590
Merit: 3014
Welt Am Draht
I don't believe he's dead. He came along to fulfill a job. When it looked like the rest of the world was taking the job on, his job was done and he disengaged for good.

I'm unsure about the group theory. Every extra person is another weak link in keeping silent and with that amount of wealth available I don't see how every single person of what might be a large number would be that altruistic.
Activity: 364
Merit: 105
WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN
Some people think he just left so that bitcoin wasn't under his control/guidance and it could left to be truly decentralized. Personally I think he died.. I don't see how any human could leave their wallets untouched if they had that many bitcoin in. Unless he/she was already wealthy  Huh
Activity: 221
Merit: 10
Probably Satoshi just coped with the task of popularizing Bitcoin and now somewhere in warm lands is reaping the fruits of his labors or is engaged in some other project that does not require communication with the public.
Activity: 55
There is an opinion that Satoshi is a group of people. At a certain point in the history of bitcoin, this group was no longer needed.
Activity: 322
The New Pharma-Centric Marketplace
It seems to me that he is further engaged in communicating on this and other forums under various names. The name or pseudonym Satoshi Nakamoto is too well known and carries a certain information load so that you can continue to use it freely to communicate.
Activity: 336
Merit: 5
Culotte Jaune Officielle
Wherever he is, I hope he is going fine with great health and family, etc but I don't think it matters and it's better to not know, let's the Bitcoin myth survive Cheesy For the conspiracy theories fans, I suppose they will say he is still working for the NSA,
Activity: 336
Merit: 5
Most Advanced Crypto Exchange on the Blockchain
He was kidnapped by the cia and is now held in guantanamo bay detention centre unless he gives up his private keys  Grin

Seriously though, i think he wanted to step away and watch it grow without a central figure
Activity: 196
I think no one knows whats happen to Mr. Satoshi Nakamoto.. He is legend for me but why he got away? Did he scared of something? Did someone threated him? As far as i know that he has billions of dollar of worth of bitcoin and he is one of the richest man on the earth. But i wpuşdn't say he is come out again.. He will stay silence i believe..

It's all pure speculation because I think nobody really knows what happened, or at least they haven't revealed it so far, but I think it was because bitcoin was becoming too centralized, many developers didn't make any move without Satoshi's approval, which was against their own philosophy.
copper member
Activity: 28
Merit: 0
hard to say. but i hope it will green. i lose so much money in this market. now i don't want lose money again.
Activity: 280
I think no one knows whats happen to Mr. Satoshi Nakamoto.. He is legend for me but why he got away? Did he scared of something? Did someone threated him? As far as i know that he has billions of dollar of worth of bitcoin and he is one of the richest man on the earth. But i wpuşdn't say he is come out again.. He will stay silence i believe..
Activity: 1134
Merit: 342
He better be enjoying his Bitcoins right now. He has a very serious number of BTCs. Even I think a talk with him right now, he can re-animate Bitcoin. Bitcoin price can be revived immediately. I wish a sound would come.
Activity: 756
Merit: 112
if that were true i would have seen many times/events where he could have stepped in. but certain things have been done that have caused bitcoin to migrate away from the original principles and ethos. so id say he has taken a step back to not influence it

It is still not impossible, right? Who would know if he was here just listening, silently saying yes in his/her/its mind of all those modifications.

Sure, it makes sense, I imagine he was seeing himself as a centralized figure, and he walked away to avoid that, who knows, he probably walks among us or went on vacation with his bitcoins haha.

If I were him I'd do both, vacation and check out what happens to bitcoin. Besides, I have a bunch of BTCs on my wallet.
Activity: 2
Merit: 0
My opinion is that he left the panel for a simple reason. In a decentralized system "Everyone is Satoshi" as long as he participates on that. So. you, me everyone who contribute can take the role of Satoshi in this ecosystem that works without a central authority.

Interesting idea. In my opinion, Satoshi is passionated about the development of Bitcoin project. He does not try to reach money, but an ideal : the decentralization. And the decentralization would be corrupted if its identity was revealed (one big holder, can "control" the Bitcoin by influencing the mass..).
Activity: 183
Merit: 2
He just took the privacy matter seriously. So he never regret in the future. He basically disappeared in the web based life so no-one can target him back to any issue related on his / their whitepaper. He is a genius...mmm I'd have said they are because I still think a single human being cannot do such a huge task all alone.
Anyway you do not have to care too much about him/them and instead start spreading the word to your friends and whoever you are speaking to: the next big thing has already come.
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1073
It is not a big surprise what happened to him/her/them as you described Satoshi.  Grin  Gavin was "invited" to speak with the

US National agencies and he reported this to Satoshi. This was the single event that caused Satoshi to panic and then to exit

the scene.

At the time, most people got arrested if they created their own money and Satoshi was well aware of that, so he/she/they

went into hiding, when Gavin talked with the government agencies.  Angry Angry Angry
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1196
STOP SNITCHIN'
something people didn't mention (maybe i am making a mistake) is that Satoshi went away near the time when Gavin was asked to go to one of those 3 letter agencies and they asked him some stuff. maybe about Satoshi's identity and about bitcoin so maybe that is the reason why he disappeared. in order to keep his identity private and be safe from harassment of government.

Yeah, I was about to mention that. Gavin talked about it in an interview once:

This is quoted from the defunct Bruce Wagner Bitcoin podcast:

Bruce Wagner : When was the last time you chatted to satoshi
Gavin Andresen: Um... I haven't had email from satoshi in a couple months actually. The last email I sent him I actually told him I was going to talk at the CIA. So it's possible , that.... that may have um had something to with his deciding

So, the timing of Satoshi's disappearance definitely points to that. It may have been the last straw -- an indication that Bitcoin was getting too big for him to remain involved and also keep his identity unknown.
Activity: 1456
Merit: 578
HODLing is an art, not just a word...
something people didn't mention (maybe i am making a mistake) is that Satoshi went away near the time when Gavin was asked to go to one of those 3 letter agencies and they asked him some stuff. maybe about Satoshi's identity and about bitcoin so maybe that is the reason why he disappeared. in order to keep his identity private and be safe from harassment of government.
Activity: 652
Merit: 257
Satoshi Nakamoto is most likely someone from the CIA or FBI. I think he's probably a programmer who just wanted to share the technology of Blockchain, and hence Bitcoin, anonymously because it is, in effect, just money.
Pages:
Jump to: