Pages:
Author

Topic: What do you think of gold price in long term? - page 10. (Read 1615 times)

legendary
Activity: 2282
Merit: 1696
Gold is a great asset.

But it has a significant drawback - it is a direct competitor to the US dollar.  There is an opinion that the US government is very wary of all its competitors.  However, gold appears to be a highly undervalued financial asset.  If the US loses even a little its role as the absolute leader of the financial world, then gold has a chance to rise in price significantly. 

However, in this case, gold will have to compete with bitcoin.
legendary
Activity: 2492
Merit: 1327
As fiat currencies dump, some countries are moving towards increasing the amount of gold they have in their reserves. More specifically some of them are dumping US dollar to replace it with gold. For example India recently bought 200 tonne of gold and there is rumors of more conversions happening. China has been doing something similar under the radar. So are others.

However, we haven't seen any significant changes in gold price yet to approve the above news.

I'm wondering what does everyone think about gold price in the long term, specially in coming year or two as the conflicts get worse and more economies crash which would push regular people to invest in gold and more governments to start increasing their gold reserves on larger scale.
There is a decent chance we could see gold making a movement during the next years, the state of the economy is not really improving and if this continues then people will begin to look for ways to somehow protect their capital, and the first option which comes to the mind of the average investor is gold, still since I am already part of this market I am not really that interested in getting any gold as I would prefer to invest any spare money I could get in bitcoin.
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1005
crunck
As fiat currencies dump, some countries are moving towards increasing the amount of gold they have in their reserves. More specifically some of them are dumping US dollar to replace it with gold. For example India recently bought 200 tonne of gold and there is rumors of more conversions happening. China has been doing something similar under the radar. So are others.

However, we haven't seen any significant changes in gold price yet to approve the above news.

I'm wondering what does everyone think about gold price in the long term, specially in coming year or two as the conflicts get worse and more economies crash which would push regular people to invest in gold and more governments to start increasing their gold reserves on larger scale.

Gold is a very old financial asset.

It has a lot of drawbacks - gold is easy to fake, gold is difficult to move over long distances.  All the shortcomings of gold as a financial asset were eliminated after the invention of Bitcoin.  In addition, gold is a direct rival and antagonist of the US dollar.  According to the conspiracy theory, the price of gold is artificially low. 

At the same time, I consider gold a promising investment in the long term.

What conspiracy theory here? can you be more specific, do you have any proof? Gold has many downsides but you can see that gold is being valued and considered the safest asset. Don't badmouth it when you still need and use it. Also, I don't see gold as a direct competitor to USD, gold predates USD and has been used to pegged USD value.
legendary
Activity: 3024
Merit: 1496
Gold is not an investment! Everyone makes this classic mistake! Investment is something which will appreciate in value, which means an investment should be able to give you a ROI after beating the inflation. Gold is purely used for capital protection. Which essentially means, it would just beat the inflation and that's it! I believe Gold has been doing this job quite well since a long time. So if you are thinking from a capital protection perspective, go ahead and buy gold on a regular basis.

Gold must be a part of your investment portfolio. I usually give around 15% weightage to it so that it supports me when the market is falling. It is best to do a regular SIP in digital gold which eliminates the need of handling the physical gold but gives you the same price in the market. Some government also float gold bonds which will give you a little return as well after taking care of the inflation. So I am personally very supportive of gold investment and I believe that gold is going to support my investment if we see another recession.
Activity: 2002
Merit: 516
Gold is a valuable asset and is kept as an investment with some people but now this practice is old ,now people like and think to invest in different forms like bitcoins,stocks,property.  The resale value of gold is a question because of deductions by government.  I think gold price will increase in future and will remain higher longer period of times.
Activity: 2968
Merit: 670
www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

It has a lot of drawbacks - gold is easy to fake, gold is difficult to move over long distances.  All the shortcomings of gold as a financial asset were eliminated after the invention of Bitcoin.  In addition, gold is a direct rival and antagonist of the US dollar.  According to the conspiracy theory, the price of gold is artificially low. 

Gold is "too" old financial asset. Bitcoin can take its place already and gold is no longer needed. I always say that the best thing about bitcoin is that it gives you some features that you could use with it that is beyond what we had before bitcoin was invented, one of them is the fact that you could invest into it long term for the future just like people have done with gold, but you could also spend it like fiat, but also you could send it to all around the world in a matter of minutes just like using paypal.

So, it is the best version of all of it combined and that makes it the better version. Gold should be losing its value eventually, just because of bitcoin.
legendary
Activity: 2898
Merit: 1818
Central banks do not agree with the bearish views that most of you have expressed.

Central banks added 463 tons of gold to global reserves in 2021. That was 82% higher than in 2020.

A WGC survey found that “gold’s performance during a time of crisis and its role as a long-term store of value/inflation hedge are key determinants in the decisions of central banks to hold it.”

Last year was the 12th consecutive year of net purchases. Over that time, central banks have bought a net total of 5,692 tons of gold.

Central Banks Add Gold for Fifth Straight Month

What you are ignoring is that the price of gold is manipulated:

"The manipulation of gold prices began on 5 August 1993," the German analyst points out, and the reason was none other than an agreement between different central banks and the then chairman of the US Federal Reserve-FED, Alan Greenspan, "who did not want the price of an ounce of gold to exceed 400 dollars" because an uncontrolled increase in the price of gold could affect the "inflation thermometer". So this agreement was in place for several years, and materialised by acting on the markets with orders to sell and lend gold with the blessing and participation of other central banks, which, he recalls, "work closely with private banks and financial institutions".

The way of operating and manipulating prices was "very simple", because these entities possessed significant amounts of gold that they used to control, if not lower, the price of gold, "expelling potential buyers" of the metal from the market who did not see the expected return on their investments. For Speck, states are the first to benefit from these practices, especially the US because its currency, the dollar, "is the world's reference currency" and gold is the main rival to loan-based currencies. "A rising gold price accentuates the debt and deficits of states", especially in the US.

¿Quién manipula los precios del oro y por qué? (I have translated the quote from Spanish into English.)

Having a little gold is not a bad thing. You can't pay for your groceries with it but you can convert it to cash instantly in any medium-sized city in the world. And even in small towns, if there is a jewellery shop or similar, even if it does not advertise itself as a gold dealer, it is quite likely that they will accept it.

It doesn't matter what the Central Banks do, what truly matters is what the market/price of Gold does, https://goldprice.org/gold-price-history.html

Plus if we copy-traded what the Central Banks did, and bought Gold during 2021, we would absolutely be holding paper-losses because like everything else, Gold is also going down. That's simply the effect of QT/tightening of the Central Banks' balance sheets.
legendary
Activity: 3430
Merit: 10504
In other terms, gold has no limited stock, or maximum stock. So that price conditions also tend to be more stable, or the price pump tends to be slow. We can also compare this with today's crypto. Why Bitcoin price is higher compared to Ethereum. Due to limited supply.
Things are more complicated than that when it comes to prices whether it is gold or bitcoin vs shitcoins. Limited supply is only one factor. For example in case of bitcoin there are lots of shitcoins that have limited supply and yet they are worth less than bitcoin. The main reason is always utilities which 99% of altcoins including ethereum lack.

gold is an investment for people who don't believe in bitcoin,
Nobody is forcing you to choose only one! Gold is an excellent option for diversification, so that you don't have all your money in one place (like all in bitcoin).
legendary
Activity: 1736
Merit: 4270

https://goldomania.ru/articles-2/price_gold_20_year.html
X5-X6 in 20 years is not a good investment

Phzic gold is very difficult to sell. In my country, as a rule, you need to contact the bank where you bought it. And if the packaging is damaged, then the bank will not redeem the gold back.
Anyone who has bought gold in the last five years may even be at a loss.
legendary
Activity: 2282
Merit: 1696

legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1491
The first decentralized crypto betting platform
Central banks do not agree with the bearish views that most of you have expressed.

Central banks added 463 tons of gold to global reserves in 2021. That was 82% higher than in 2020.

A WGC survey found that “gold’s performance during a time of crisis and its role as a long-term store of value/inflation hedge are key determinants in the decisions of central banks to hold it.”

Last year was the 12th consecutive year of net purchases. Over that time, central banks have bought a net total of 5,692 tons of gold.

Central Banks Add Gold for Fifth Straight Month

What you are ignoring is that the price of gold is manipulated:

"The manipulation of gold prices began on 5 August 1993," the German analyst points out, and the reason was none other than an agreement between different central banks and the then chairman of the US Federal Reserve-FED, Alan Greenspan, "who did not want the price of an ounce of gold to exceed 400 dollars" because an uncontrolled increase in the price of gold could affect the "inflation thermometer". So this agreement was in place for several years, and materialised by acting on the markets with orders to sell and lend gold with the blessing and participation of other central banks, which, he recalls, "work closely with private banks and financial institutions".

The way of operating and manipulating prices was "very simple", because these entities possessed significant amounts of gold that they used to control, if not lower, the price of gold, "expelling potential buyers" of the metal from the market who did not see the expected return on their investments. For Speck, states are the first to benefit from these practices, especially the US because its currency, the dollar, "is the world's reference currency" and gold is the main rival to loan-based currencies. "A rising gold price accentuates the debt and deficits of states", especially in the US.

¿Quién manipula los precios del oro y por qué? (I have translated the quote from Spanish into English.)

Having a little gold is not a bad thing. You can't pay for your groceries with it but you can convert it to cash instantly in any medium-sized city in the world. And even in small towns, if there is a jewellery shop or similar, even if it does not advertise itself as a gold dealer, it is quite likely that they will accept it.
legendary
Activity: 3150
Merit: 1197
These days there is regular fluctuation with the gold price. The same makes people have a small part invested on gold. As the risk is minimal, it is considered among the middle class people in large numbers compared to the rich and the elite class people.

Gold price in the long term won't move much big, because it have got certain limitations. Right now different things valueated against gold is the prime reason for the growth. The price of gold in 50 years have grown 15x which is good, but not that high when compared against different stocks in the same time period.
legendary
Activity: 2100
Merit: 1018
Sugars.zone | DatingFi - Earn for Posting
gold is an investment for people who don't believe in bitcoin, and I think gold can still be used as a long-term investment, even though the price of gold is not as high as bitcoin but the level of security value is safer than bitcoin
here I conclude bitcoin will be the best investment for the real version (object) even though the price rises not significantly and sometimes there is no increase,
legendary
Activity: 3500
Merit: 1162
www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games
Gold has always been very valuable in history and will keep valuable in the future as well. I never agreed that it should be this valuable, sure there are things that gold is used for, but the idea of gold being a valuable thing became a bit more known after it was used as gold coins, since it was limited and not everyone could get their hands on it.

These days, there is really nothing backing it up as a valuable thing aside from people’s perception of it, if you are a company that buys iron, copper, or any other material and also gold to build something then it's valuable to you, but as an investment? I never believed it was valuable but the world still does, so it should be going up probably.
Activity: 1344
Merit: 311

If we look from several sources about gold reserves in several countries, of course 200 tons is not a high number. Because Australia has gold reserves of 10,000 tons last year. So that 200 tons will not affect the market price. While India is also not included in the list of countries that have high gold reserves. In this case, gold prices tend to be more stable than others.

In other terms, gold has no limited stock, or maximum stock. So that price conditions also tend to be more stable, or the price pump tends to be slow. We can also compare this with today's crypto. Why Bitcoin price is higher compared to Ethereum. Due to limited supply.
Activity: 2562
Merit: 577
Speaking from a layman's perspective and seeing the utility of Gold, I think it will always be a valuable asset in all human existence (i would say). I mean there are several things that Gold is used for that will make it to be always valuable. Definitely not as valuable as btc in terms of price but no doubt it is worth holding long term.
Activity: 1176
Merit: 579
The large-scale purchases of gold carried out by several countries were due to several factors of chaos triggered by the war that took place. well if there is no war and the economy is relatively stable and there are no indicators that show the impossibility of big inflation. so this step is certainly good for some countries in maintaining the economic cycle in their country by backing up gold in the preparation period if big inflation occurs but that's a convincing turnaround for us to follow. I think gold has quite good characteristics in investing and the price is relatively stable without any increase that has peaked over the last 20 years. If you see this as a pretty good step for an investment tool then you shouldn't hesitate to buy and keep it.
legendary
Activity: 1736
Merit: 4270

I heard an interesting idea that China's CBDC has 2 levels, by analogy with Ethereum. One level is an internal coin for all citizens and companies, and the other level is a world currency, the stability of which is provided by Chinese gold. And China buys a lot of gold. Welcome to the new gold standard Smiley
Buying gold in banks will be much more expensive.
Another point that the gold needs to be picked up. My friend told me his story about how he was running away from Ukraine. He was in another place and he did not succeed in picking up gold and other savings. Cryptocurrency helped him. Therefore, ask yourself an important question, but will you have time to collect your gold if you have to run away?
legendary
Activity: 3430
Merit: 10504
200 tonne of gold will not change the price of gold,
I didn't claim this alone would change price of gold even though we are talking about $6.7 billion conversion which is a significant amount. My point is that I see a trend of more countries doing this.

Keep in mind that during WWII gold was in a way the currency of the world. United States kept building weapons and sold it to Europeans for gold not dollar or Pound, etc.
We are moving towards more global conflicts these days...
Activity: 728
Merit: 698

Gold and precious metals have lost their luster and shine.

Gold was once considered a badge of authenticity, robustness and reliability. Today it is an archaic and potentially obsolete unit of exchange. People no longer trust or respect gold the way they did in previous eras.

There is no gold for the people. As an asset it is mainly accessible to central banks and the super wealthy. Banks like JP morgan are even going so far as to reduce accessbility to gold by closing safe deposit box services.

Gold lacks infrastructure and support for exchange in markets. It can't be used to buy a cup of coffee. There is no support for it in eras of natural disaster, war or emergency. The overwhelming majority would not know what to do with a bar of gold or silver if one somehow fell out of the sky and landed in front of them.

I think central banks amassing gold is a futile exercise. The public is too disconnected from gold for it to carry much trust or sway the way it did in previous eras.

Gold's day has passed and it is now other assets which will gain prominence.

I think that the time of gold has passed long ago and it is no longer necessary to use it as an investment tool. As in the example I quoted, I do not find it right for central banks to invest in gold anymore. They must keep up with innovations. Even when we look at it as a boiler, gold could not exceed a certain rate. I don't see people around me investing in gold. Everyone is looking for innovation and more profit now. You can say that gold is a guaranteed investment, but at what rate will it be able to withstand inflation?
Pages:
Jump to: