Pages:
Author

Topic: What does it take for Bitcoin to go 100X? - page 3. (Read 9425 times)

Activity: 602
Merit: 500
It need mass adoption... and probably for 10 years
when block reward drop to 3.125 BTC

Mass adoption has been already been done.. We just need the government to understand the benefits of using BTC rather than rejecting it.
Activity: 988
Merit: 1000
This would be a good day indeed. Although many years away.
legendary
Activity: 2590
Merit: 3014
Welt Am Draht
A lot of things could have happened. For instance a big corporation announcing they are using bitcoin as their official payment system and they have integrated it without issue with more big companies to follow suit in their foot steps. Another scenario is that people might have actually found a way to convince all the users in the money remittance to switch over to bitcoin and people starts to embrace its benefit.

I thought that was done already with like overstock and companies like dell saying they accept bitcoin.

and theres no real results to show from that in my view.

I assume the poster means that that would be their primary payment system so anyone who wanted to deal with them would have to pay them in BTC.

It would be a bold company that did that and possibly suicidal right now. It would be fun to create a super hot product and insist on BTC only. I'd be bloody minded enough to do it but I'm not sure who else would.
Activity: 252
Merit: 250
A lot of things could have happened. For instance a big corporation announcing they are using bitcoin as their official payment system and they have integrated it without issue with more big companies to follow suit in their foot steps. Another scenario is that people might have actually found a way to convince all the users in the money remittance to switch over to bitcoin and people starts to embrace its benefit.

I thought that was done already with like overstock and companies like dell saying they accept bitcoin.

and theres no real results to show from that in my view.
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1002
Simple, just make there are 10000% more bitcoiner or extreme price manipulation
In basic, it just mass adoption.

But government & bank have strong power to prevent mass adoption

So basically any mass adoption will do.

But, didnt we have like 6 years of wait for mass adoption, i feel like that highlight is over.
Activity: 700
Merit: 501
It's nice and cool and stuff ... But it's not gonna happen at least not while we are alive .
It may happen after a lot of block halving reward and some huge exchange websites manipulation like what happened with MtGox (if it was the reason of the pump , not sure Shocked )

.... You think in 50.. FIFTY YEARS bitcoin will only steadly increase with inflation.......?

Really???

He's a victim of pessimism just like other area victim of hype. Let us just wait and see. Personally and looking at the general geopolitical situation, one would need to be blind to see how everything is heading towards the "internetization" of money. Physical cash will be history in 10-15 years, mark my words... and we are already heaps behind all the clueless people out there.
Q7
Activity: 448
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1005
Simple, just make there are 10000% more bitcoiner or extreme price manipulation
In basic, it just mass adoption.

But government & bank have strong power to prevent mass adoption

I like it when there is resistance, because the more resistance, accidents, fraud there is, the more unbreakable it will be. Bitcoin creeps in all the small places the bankers does not control, and where bitcoin is useful. Good times, filled with promise.
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1005
We only need transactional capacity enough to be able to technically unload bitcoins easily to someone who wants them more, for something the bitcoin ownner wants more. (Meaning that a low price does not make it "difficult" in this technical sense). The reason is that it can not be money unless it is highly liquid.

The value otherwise comes from the reservation demand, that is, from savers. The transaction volume, in number of transactions or in bitcoins, is irrelevant.
legendary
Activity: 1722
It's nice and cool and stuff ... But it's not gonna happen at least not while we are alive .
It may happen after a lot of block halving reward and some huge exchange websites manipulation like what happened with MtGox (if it was the reason of the pump , not sure Shocked )

.... You think in 50.. FIFTY YEARS bitcoin will only steadly increase with inflation.......?

Really???
legendary
Activity: 1722
Time..

If you can't hold for +15 years Bitcoin is NOT for you..

0 or hero are the ONLY possibilities for Bitcoin.
Activity: 686
Merit: 500
legendary
Activity: 1223
Merit: 1002
It need mass adoption... and probably for 10 years
when block reward drop to 3.125 BTC
Activity: 1148
Merit: 252
Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game
Well price is not going up because you spam bullish things on forum, you gotta work for it to happen.

The new amount of regulations that was proposed in the USA has halted the growth for now.

Lets hope next year we will have something positive, as this year is probably done
Activity: 924
Well price is not going up because you spam bullish things on forum, you gotta work for it to happen.
legendary
Activity: 896
Simply put more people need to use bitcoin.  The amount of coins in the order books are too small.      Bitcoin needs to be implemented into systems that transfer billions of dollars a day.

if the orderbooks were so small as you say we would see the bitcoin price way higher than now. wall street need to get on board or huge adoption, otherwise we won't ever see bitcoin being worth more than $2000
legendary
Activity: 910
Simply put more people need to use bitcoin.  The amount of coins in the order books are too small.      Bitcoin needs to be implemented into systems that transfer billions of dollars a day.
legendary
Activity: 1414
Wtf are some of you guys talking about? I haven't read the whole thread so don't know if anyone else said this, but  you don't need anywhere near $300b pumped into btc to achieve a $303b mkt cap. As little as $1b or less could see 100x price increase, with a good reason behind it to justify hype.
Price moves are not simplistic, all you need are strong hands and a good push and relatively small amounts of money can push prices to astronomical levels - and that applies to anything traded.
legendary
Activity: 1458
Merit: 1006
Doing rounds on Reddit just now:

Activity: 322
Nah, Nagle is just wrong. Bitcoin can stabilize at 300billion marketcap without a full 300 billion going in. It just depends on how much bitcoin is freely available on the market.
Pages:
Jump to: