Pages:
Author

Topic: What does it take for Bitcoin to go 100X? - page 6. (Read 9425 times)

legendary
Activity: 1458
Merit: 1006

100X ago:

I looked at the old threads of the forum during the 2011 crash.

Fun to see the topics with hindsight ! And can be sometime quite instructive.
So I've put them on a chart corresponding to the date of the topics  Smiley

Dam.. just sold...
We've seen the bottom
Bitcoin will one day rise like a phoenix
quiet before the storm ?
bubble 2.0 forming

It's quiet... *too* quiet !
legendary
Activity: 3248
Merit: 1070
Probably about 100 million dollars spent on bitcoins each day.

yep, the only way

with simple word you can say a 100x demand, would cut it

or x10 of the same thing that caused the 1200 peak, x10 willy bot + mass chinese
legendary
Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

Actually a country making it an official currency would probably push BTC to a new high.
There's a lot of things that could add to the process.

Bitcoin becoming a world reserve currency would definitely make it worth 100 times more Wink

This will not happens any time soon. Most of countries will try to use that in advantage to make more money they dont want to risk anything for this.
Yes it will push price but i dont think that just one country would do anything need more at least 10.

any time soon? it will never happen. tell me why would a country use bitcoin where they don't have any control, while they can create their own and have the control they so love.
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1001
Crypto-News.net: News from Crypto World

Actually a country making it an official currency would probably push BTC to a new high.
There's a lot of things that could add to the process.

Bitcoin becoming a world reserve currency would definitely make it worth 100 times more Wink

This will not happens any time soon. Most of countries will try to use that in advantage to make more money they dont want to risk anything for this.
Yes it will push price but i dont think that just one country would do anything need more at least 10.
legendary
Activity: 961
it's like trying to fill a bucket with big rocks and small stones; you gotta get the big rocks in first then let the small stones fill in the gaps (meaning build out the infrastructure, rails etc and then - hopefully - the users and retailers etc flesh it all out).
Activity: 826
I would understand the whole great depression comparison, but it cant be compared exactly since its being printed w. whatever amount printed nesscesary.

Instead bitcoin is a limited volume amount, so its not quite similar but the overall concept idea almost similar.

This goes based on how 1915s dollar value to till today how much it would be worth.
Activity: 73
Merit: 10
simply holding might work based on past record. if you bought in oct 19 2011 you got a bitcoin for $2.27 so now you have 100x your buy in price.
lets assume the growth rate flattens out and it takes now 3 times along to go up the same way means holding for about 9 years.

considering bitcoin adoption is still effectively nil ie demand is miniscule it is entirely possible to get there and may be sooner. Sure bitcoin is essentially an all or nothing stock but if you think it is going to die you would not be buying at all  - but if you are a believer then things look bright.

be patient if you are only buying in now

Pab
legendary
Activity: 1862
Merit: 1012
Yes bitcoin price can be 23000$ or 100000$ but whatwill be value of usdollar that time,what will be possible to buy for 1dollar,in the time of Great Depression sutcase of paper money was worth pocket of matches
And bitcoin,i think we will have new technology digital currencys not based on costly mining
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1002
Easy for Chamath Palihapitiya to say that, when hes already hit his billions with facebook.

And owning a basketball team, go warriors!

But, that quote theres trillions up for grabs was the mention of his area in focus with techcrunches startup quality on boundaries where they arent discovered, and where people should be aiming for.
legendary
Activity: 1722
Bitcoin today could be the best investment opportunity since... Bitcoin pre 2013. Smiley

DING DING DING DING DING DING DING.

If you're going to risk wealth on BTC, right now is the time.  Zero or hero is where we are going.
legendary
Activity: 1358
Merit: 1016
Is pecunia creating new accounts to answer/back up his/her previous posts?

Something fishy is going on.

Anyway, good thread elux. This is the feel good thread where we can but wait and see. I feel with the infrastructure being built we will see something great in the coming years.
Activity: 280
Merit: 100

yep, the only way
Activity: 462
Merit: 250
Time.. It's just a matter of time before Bitcoin prices Boom! like pre 2013.

But 23,000 each? Hope eternal life elixir is discovered before because time is getting over for me
legendary
Bitcoin today could be the best investment opportunity since... Bitcoin pre 2013. Smiley
Activity: 22
Merit: 0
Re: What does it take for Bitcoin to go 100X?

A miracle. At 500 billion I think the remittance market is all we need, though any and all online businesses accepting bitcoin would be mega for bitcoin. I can't see why online stores wouldn't accept bitcoin to be honest.
legendary
Activity: 1568
Merit: 1001

Bitcoin at 23,000 USD, yes please.
It all looks & sounds very nice but I'm beginning to lose hope that I'll live to see prices like that.
I hope it happens, it'll make us all very wealthy but my confidence in that kind of rise is draining by the day.
Are you in your late 70s? There's a lot of things building up right and price will follow when it's ready. I remember you saying you started buying a year ago so you've yet to experience the roaring 20s so you're in for a shocker coming up. Patience is a virtue and in this ballgame, it's the Godfather.
legendary
What it takes? 300 Billion in one-time investement AND thereafter 82 Million Dollar new money every 24 hours to hold that price (roughly another 30 Billion per year just to run it).

If this was true, then, following your argument, it must have taken a...

one-time investment of... uhm...

THIRTEEN POINT NINE BILLION DOLLARS to bring the price to $1151 on Bitstamp.

Do you agree, Pecunia?

Activity: 5
Merit: 0
What it takes? 300 Billion in one-time investement AND thereafter 82 Million Dollar new money every 24 hours to hold that price (roughly another 30 Billion per year just to run it).
Not gonna happen soon.

Riiight. Somebody doesn't understand how market capitalisation works.

(Hint: it's you.)

I cringe anytime these threads come up.
Activity: 378
Merit: 257
holding the price is much harder then pumping it,only some big news can increase pirce of bitcoin but still i doubt about 100x
legendary
Activity: 1176
Not gonna happen soon.

Riiight. Somebody doesn't understand how market capitalisation works.

(Hint: it's you.)
Pages:
Jump to: