Pages:
Author

Topic: What happens to your Bitcoin when you Die? - page 25. (Read 5108 times)

Activity: 56
Merit: 0
It can be passed or given to your trusted family. Because cryptocurrencies are not backed by any government regulator. In most cases, the traditional financial institution does not handle their name, address and other identifying details.
Activity: 126
Merit: 2
This will be a treasure for the person to be abandoned by our death. Leaving behind all the small notes or important information about how Bitcoin works to continue the work and get the results we have for our family.  Smiley

I think a lot of people will need to form contingency plans for their crypto so they can pass it on to their family, otherwise so much of the supply will be lost
Activity: 322
Merit: 10
This will be a treasure for the person to be abandoned by our death. Leaving behind all the small notes or important information about how Bitcoin works to continue the work and get the results we have for our family.  Smiley
Activity: 1974
Merit: 453
Well you can finally take your bitcoins with you. Just like you no one willl have access to bitcoin anymore because they would need a secure key to access the wallet! sans which it is impossible to access any bitcoin as bitcoin is decentralized and that makes it so good! Tongue So be sure to at least trasfer the key so that the nominee can learn and get your bitcoins else Tongue those bitcoins will reside in heaven just like you would.

Activity: 882
Merit: 269
If I die, I'll see to it that I do have these little notebook where I've written about my bitcoins. I want to give it to my family. Or at least withdraw some every other day.
And let the interest have it's interest. In that way I can help my family to fight against poverty.

Thats for sure, but, how about no one knows your private keys? Since when you are alive you not want someone to know it because they might access your wallet? Smiley This is a good question now that should be planned for the time we demised.
Activity: 686
Merit: 100
If I die, I'll see to it that I do have these little notebook where I've written about my bitcoins. I want to give it to my family. Or at least withdraw some every other day.
And let the interest have it's interest. In that way I can help my family to fight against poverty.

Activity: 327
Merit: 250
Did you guys teach your family members on how to access and use your Bitcoin in case you will die?
Do you want to take your Bitcoin with you when you're gone?

Let me hear it from your own opinions...

When we die and we have accumulated or have the money we deposited in bitcoin. We can get it through the guardian. Just like a wife or anyone who knows her. Well known, it seems like in companies when the president dies there are heirs of his property. But I can not be sure if there is anything like this in bitcoin. But I think nothing and if we die and we lose money in our bitcoin? You will no longer benefit from the money you have accumulated when you die.
Activity: 125
Merit: 1
I do not think so far, and my family members no one can access my only bitcoin
and if all of a sudden I die then bitcoin will disappear with me
and I took the initiative to teach someone, if I died then he helped access my bitcoin to give to my family
but I have not found anyone to believe
Activity: 350
Activity: 37
Did you guys teach your family members on how to access and use your Bitcoin in case you will die?

I think its a problem.
If you do not have the pin code or the seed the Bitcoin is pretty much gone.
Activity: 238

Yes, I have never thought of this, at present I own a few bitcoin, my family and relatives now no one knows about bitcoin. If I die, my property will be lost. I must show my family how to access the bitcoin account. Avoiding bad risks comes to me unexpectedly. I am very grateful to you for this question.
Activity: 93

Getting involve in bitcoin is almost just the same as joining facebook or any other social media. Bitcoin is a decentralized entity in which the government has no power with. Everything you have in bitcoin is really more of a personal thing. And if you are thinking of what will happen with your bitcoin when you die, then probably the answer is that it will just remain on the internet. Unless, you share it to someone or your family member and teach them how to use it or to access it. Unlike other form of asset that goes straightly to your family members when you die, it will all depend on who you left your bitcoin with.
Activity: 23
You should give login details to a family member as well in case something bad happens to you.
Activity: 294
Merit: 12

Thinking of death if I have lot of bitcoin or rather achieve my goals in crypto, I will start teaching my family or atleast my brother everything including where to find my ID, password and my private keys for them to benifited what I worked hard when I'm still alive.
Activity: 154

They sit comfortably in your wallet until the person you entrusted them to does what you asked them to in your will. Don't have a will and a trusted person?They become inaccessible, unless you have written a will or something to give other people access to them.
Activity: 546
save your wallet ID and Password in a letter and save it in a safe place, or make an offline wallet, and when you die, your children or your family could see that and they will happy for your death. lol jk.
Activity: 308
i wiill teach them before i died or when im dying on the death bed. well, we must continue our wealth into others. no matter if they is our family or not. or you could donate your wealth to the one who needs. i will teach or write how to use the wallet and transaction too if needed. so my hardwork is meaning something.
Activity: 405
If you die i think bitcoin will still there and it will not be lost . But one thing what you should do right now is just tell them early about your account and password just to make sure that your btc will use them also when you die. But before it will happen teach your family and introduce some knowledge so that they have already idea, before its too late. Because we believe that bitcoin is a big help on their needs.
Activity: 61
I will send my bitcoins to my child for their future and I know that it can help a lot of them
Activity: 153
If the time come that I will die, maybe I will teach to my kids how to access in my bitcoin so that they can use it for themselves but I am too young to die at this moment because I am just 20 years old Cheesy. I don't want that my bitcoins will remain on my bitcoin address forever.
It’s a great idea that you teach your kid the way to approach and use bitcoin. I still never think about my future, I or you can’t predict the value of bitcoin in the future, thus I’ve not had any plan for another far day. Bitcoin is used popularily and there are so many people keep an eye on it closely, however, sometimes it can become a currency which is used as extra currency in the world. Therefore, if I have time to teach my kid, I will take time to teach them about bitcoin or crypto currency.
Pages:
Jump to: