Pages:
Author

Topic: What happens to your tokens when you're gone one day? - page 2. (Read 801 times)

Activity: 983
Merit: 100
👉bit.ly/3QXp3oh | 🔥 Ultimate Launc
Im already prepare if that happen to me. We dont what will happen in the future just in case i make a note and share it to person that i trust. In cryptocurrency we must learn about condition. Make a good move and think about your decision.
copper member
Activity: 150
Merit: 0
Just recently, a news showed how one crypto whale died with his cryptocurrencies worth millions of dollar. No member of the family had access to his private keys and other login details. Are you ready to face the same fate and leave your children or family without having access to your hard earned cryptocurrencies some day to come? Showing your wallet login details to them now can also be risky so what are some of the preparations you are making towards the retrieval of your money when you are gone for life one day?

Death is one inevitable truth no one wants to tell or admit because its a horrible idea. But then the first thing I learnt in crypto is to have all my password and mnemonics written on my diary
Activity: 756
Merit: 13
DIFX - Digital Finacial Exchange
That is very important point and i think there should be some blockchain based service that could kyc wallets and then if someone dies the family members can claim that wallet after a procedure like submitting death certificate and doing kyc or submitting kinship or relationship certificate from government agency and then the wallet details or private key could be transferred to the son, brother, wife or closest relation of the deceased.
Activity: 540
BountyMarketCap
Just recently, a news showed how one crypto whale died with his cryptocurrencies worth millions of dollar. No member of the family had access to his private keys and other login details. Are you ready to face the same fate and leave your children or family without having access to your hard earned cryptocurrencies some day to come? Showing your wallet login details to them now can also be risky so what are some of the preparations you are making towards the retrieval of your money when you are gone for life one day?

That certain question came into my mind before. I know that it is important to know where will our earnings go when we're gone. I have entrusted my private keys to a person who I trusted the most so that if something happens, my earnings would still go to my family and loved ones.
Activity: 200
Merit: 1
I told my mother about my activities with my property. But I know that she doesn't know anything about computers and cryptocurrencies. That's what I worry about. Maybe my token will be forgotten if I die
Activity: 868
Proof-of-Stake Blockchain Network
It's ok for me to leave my tokens or altcoins in 1day because it also depends on the price either its gonna increase or not. So it depends also, but and not in 1day all your funds will lost in just a single day.
Activity: 574
Merit: 10
Well, it is tricky question. probably I will take actions before it happens, for example I can tell my brother or some of my friends what to do and I can disclose private keys to some of them.
Activity: 156
Merit: 2
I don't think this is a problem, though private key and password to my account is some that is secret,  that is why I have the hard copy of my private key and password and put in my will.
Activity: 954
Merit: 104
ludenaprotocol.io
I have heard about smart contract that automatically transfers all of your cryptocurrencies to the family address if you not login to your wallet for a one year.
What a cool idea!
Activity: 368
Merit: 25
The Standard Protocol - Solving Inflation
Well at my home family members are still learning about cryptocurrency & I don't have any problem with sharing my access to wallet details with them. There was one project called DigiPulse which was offering solution to the same problem with goal to ensure that people pass their digital assets on to the rightful inheritors, in case of the owner’s death and to tackle the issue of escheatment. But in December 2018 they de-tokenized their project from their native token DGPT as they failed to attract more user to use their services & the concept of the project was great but looked like they did not got good response from the crypto commnunity.
legendary
Activity: 2179
Merit: 1201

He is not a whale, he is the CEO of an exchange. He encountered an accident he himself did not anticipate and currently no one can log into the cold wallet he holds the password. For me, I put it all in a guide so that one of my relatives could unlock the wallet if I could not
Activity: 2436
Merit: 272
Hire Bitcointalk Camp. Manager @ r7promotions.com
Give them a locker key where we have stored all the things related to our crypto investments including private keys is the thing we need to do when we are alive ecause atleast we have given some meaning to the money which was earned all our life but when we don't have ayone to give just give it to charity if you knows you are not going to be here longer.
Activity: 1610
Merit: 372
When I am gone, my tokens will probably go to my grave with me, because no one knows the passwords from my vaults, no one knows my private wallets.
Activity: 294
This is really a problem, but you obviously need to be prepared for this and have some kind of notebook with notes so that family members have access!
Activity: 826
Merit: 501
2local[IEO] - https://2local.io/
My plan is, I will save the password, tell my family, or directly exchange the French currency and hand it to my family.
copper member
Activity: 109
Merit: 0

You give your details account on your family with enough knowledge about cryptocurrency, if you give without enough knowledge let say your brother, sister or even partner in life but considered that they have the idea. Just prepare them in advance we are not immortal we dont how long we stay in earth even in a blink we will gone.

B.
copper member
Activity: 238
Merit: 10
Currently I believe millions worth of coins are forever lost in wallets and exchanges as a result of the death of its owners. Crypto owners should make sure they pass access to their crypto to their loved ones so that in case anything happens, they will be able access it.
actually people can inherit their coins by giving all their wallet data but most people don't think so, they fear that wallet security will be weak and no longer have privacy, but everyone must have people they trust to know all assets and also be given access to manage those assets so that when he dies the coin will not be a coin in vain
Activity: 769
Merit: 108
About whale died with his cryptocurrencies worth millions of dollar, of course that will be treasure that cannot be obtained. And i agree Showing your wallet login details to them now can also be risky, so hard to believe people even family that's why we must have real assets like gold, silver, diamond not all in crypto
Activity: 798
Merit: 251
Small Trader
The best way is to tell your relatives, parents, or closest friends, about the private keys and crypto wallet passwords that we keep. At least they know where they think they keep the private key. Just in case.
Activity: 498
Worlds Simplest Cryptocurrency Wallet
Currently I believe millions worth of coins are forever lost in wallets and exchanges as a result of the death of its owners. Crypto owners should make sure they pass access to their crypto to their loved ones so that in case anything happens, they will be able access it.
Pages:
Jump to: