Pages:
Author

Topic: What have you been doing with your Bitcoin in light of the price drop? - page 3. (Read 3909 times)

NRF
Activity: 279
Merit: 250
When bitcoin prices fall I sell because it is worth less.

When it goes back up I buy because it is worth more Cheesy .I am 100% sure people do this

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000
https://youtu.be/PZm8TTLR2NU
I sold 0.1 BTC to help pay my (overpriced) electricity bill this month. It's all my fault!
Activity: 798
Merit: 500
Time is on our side, yes it is!
A mix of holding and trading alts profits at the moment.  I"m not really liking it so much right now because it is hard to decide which coin will bounce back and when.  I want to add the the overall amount of Bitcoins I hold and other alts I believe have potential.  I'm trying to do better at what I tell myself is low risk speculating.  In reality it is probably more "calculated gambling".
legendary
Activity: 1638
Merit: 1010
https://www.bitcoin.com/
I'm not doing anything with my coins, I'm buying cheap coins slowly them when it hits 350$ I'll buy 2-5 coins and watch it go up, hopefully
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1014
In Satoshi I Trust
sold all BTC and bought ripple  Tongue
legendary
Activity: 1789
Merit: 1008
Keep it dense, yeah?
I'm only holding a very small portion of BTC (0.2 BTC) at present
Although the price plummeted, I feel you are like a dare devil!
Good luck.

I'm comfortable at the moment. I place speculative buy orders, which means that I always win if they fill.

However, on the flip side, if the price rockets then I'm behind the game. I've been pretty out of touch with recent goings on, so this price drop seems out of the blue to me.

My biggest concern is the security and intention of certain exchanges.
legendary
Activity: 966
Merit: 1004
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
Buying and spending. Just like when the price is up.  Wink
When it's down I do a little more buying than spending. When the price rises I do a bit more spending. Basically everything I buy, I buy at a discount.
I would hope that the drop in price would somewhat encourage people to spend some of their coins. I think one problem that the bitcoin related economy has is the fact that there are too many people hording coins. I would argue that this is preventing merchant adoption from expanding faster then it is because even though accepting bitcoin is very cost efficient, less people spend it then there really should be.
legendary
Activity: 3066
Merit: 1047
Your country may be your worst enemy
I haven't been doing anything. BTC suffers enough from too many people overreacting to every little value change.
Activity: 33
Merit: 0
Quote from: puwaha
My miner doesn't generate enough BTC to matter what happens to the price.  It's dismaying to see the price drop, but it doesn't hurt me in the long run.  It's the investors who are worried... generally not the miners, unless they are upside-down on that as well.

If it rallies, then my meager mined coin will be worth more.  If not, then it was a fun experiment, and I learned a lot.

This seems to be a fairly common point from miners. What I don't understand is this: if you need the price to rally for your mining to be profitable, aren't you just better off buying bitcoin? Much less hassle plus you can liquidate whenever you want, unlike your mining equipment which probably has very little resale value given how rapidly the technology is improving.

Activity: 22
Buy Hold and Trade a lil.

BTC The Future
Activity: 686
Merit: 500
I've been counting my bitcoin.

There will come a day when we will not think of how much bitcoin is worth, we will just count how much bitcoin we have. Very much how we do not think of what the dollar is worth, but how much we have.
Activity: 798
Basically business as usual -- namely, doing some light trading on Mintpal and also posting articles on Banks Worst Fear.
Activity: 181
Merit: 100
Activity: 26
Bought more........ Will continue to do so on any future price weakness as well......
Activity: 350
Merit: 250
What have I done? Absolutely nothing different. Why? I see the big picture.

None of your damn business! If you are interested go check the blockchain... Dont ask us...
Activity: 11
What have I done? Absolutely nothing different. Why? I see the big picture.
legendary
Activity: 1330
Merit: 1001
Buying more bitcoins for a cheap price.
legendary
Activity: 1722
I bought $200 cad worth, but a few days ago.
legendary
Activity: 1022
Merit: 1008
Delusional crypto obsessionist
I'm only holding a very small portion of BTC (0.2 BTC) at present
Although the price plummeted, I feel you are like a dare devil!
Good luck.

legendary
Activity: 1022
I've been holding and thinking about buying more.  While I would prefer the price to go up rather than down I don't view the recent price action as too disconcerting.  The "flash crash" is just a function of so many bitcoin markets being very thin.  It does not take a lot of money to move the market either way.  So I agree with Cryptopher, some highly out of the money speculative buy orders could be a great hit.
Pages:
Jump to: