Pages:
Author

Topic: What have you been doing with your Bitcoin in light of the price drop? - page 4. (Read 3909 times)

legendary
Activity: 1789
Merit: 1008
Keep it dense, yeah?
I'm only holding a very small portion of BTC (0.2 BTC) at present, while my money is sitting in an exchange with speculative buy orders. Regrettably I had no orders in the $ market to capitalise on the flash crash - that would have been a tasty win.

If I were holding any serious coinage then I would have considered attempting a short, though catching the knife would have been hard.

I'm yet to spend any bitcoins on real-world goods, though I hope that one day soon I will do just that Smiley
Activity: 44
Merit: 0
I've been buying more.
Activity: 700
Merit: 294
My miner doesn't generate enough BTC to matter what happens to the price.  It's dismaying to see the price drop, but it doesn't hurt me in the long run.  It's the investors who are worried... generally not the miners, unless they are upside-down on that as well.

If it rallies, then my meager mined coin will be worth more.  If not, then it was a fun experiment, and I learned a lot.
legendary
Activity: 1022
Merit: 1008
Delusional crypto obsessionist

So I ask, With the heavy turmoil in the market, what have you been doing with your Bitcoin holdings?

I just came across some very exiting technical analysis which gave me very much courage to buy the falling knife.
With success I can say. I just missed the sharp point of the knife  Wink
Activity: 308
Merit: 250
Buying and spending. Just like when the price is up.  Wink
When it's down I do a little more buying than spending. When the price rises I do a bit more spending. Basically everything I buy, I buy at a discount.

That's a great strategy. As I still have only a few BTCs, I have been basically buying it during these days. I guess I am in an "accumutation phase" now. Smiley

For sure, when the price rises to better levels I'll start spending just like you've said you do. Hopefully, by then, more merchants will be accepting BTCs.
legendary
Activity: 3066
Merit: 1147
The revolution will be monetized!
Buying and spending. Just like when the price is up.  Wink
When it's down I do a little more buying than spending. When the price rises I do a bit more spending. Basically everything I buy, I buy at a discount.
Activity: 44
Merit: 0
The recent price drop has left many people worried. The crash has been attributed to a report by the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau, margin trading on major exchanges, and a flash crash on BTC-e. All of these factors and potentially more have been negatively impacting Bitcoin’s price over the past week.

So I ask, With the heavy turmoil in the market, what have you been doing with your Bitcoin holdings?

Go to The Cryptocoin Chronicle to complete the poll: http://cryptocoinchronicle.com/2014/08/bitcoin-recent-price-drop/

I will be doing a write up in the next few days based on the results of the poll and discuss any changes to the market from the time of this post.

Pages:
Jump to: