Pages:
Author

Topic: What have you learnt from this forum that has actually saved/ you in real life. - page 2. (Read 396 times)

Activity: 154
Merit: 44
Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
For me, the forum played a big role in opening my eyes to the fact that not everything is as beautiful as it seems at first glance. In the beginning, dozens of new, colorful projects that lured people into investing money were very tempting for me. Having opened this forum, I realized that you can only trust Bitcoin. Also, good people taught me a rule: if your intuition tells you to be careful, you need to listen.
Who would have taught that even our seniors at some point learnt something from the forum, I think k this forum has really been of help to different people in different ways, and of course one thing i have learnt is to be careful around this crypto space, not all interesting offers are true or Good and all that gliters is not gold, some projects come with the best hype you can ever think of and at the end of the day was a rugpull or just another pump and dump project. The more I stay on this forum I've learnt to make wise investment decision and to always follow my guts in whatever I do.

Confidence.... I've broken the bounds of inferiority complex in here, which has a reflection in real life - infact, that's one thing about being yourself behind the character you play in here... People get to see you the way you are, and accept you for that -- when the time is right, you'll just keep glowing like never before
Indeed this is something I myself has learnt from mybshort time here, our post and comments on the forum actually reflects us in a kind of way that makes people identify us like that, so I did learn to always be in line and act as intelligent as others to have a better image here.
legendary
Activity: 2072
Merit: 4265
✿♥‿♥✿
For me, the forum played a big role in opening my eyes to the fact that not everything is as beautiful as it seems at first glance. In the beginning, dozens of new, colorful projects that lured people into investing money were very tempting for me. Having opened this forum, I realized that you can only trust Bitcoin. Also, good people taught me a rule: if your intuition tells you to be careful, you need to listen.
Activity: 168
Merit: 75
Throughout my stay here, I've seen numerous threads regarding what we should avoid and what we should do to improve our cryptocurrency experience. While I haven't had any terrible experiences, except one time a friend attempted to hack my Binance account and sell some of my coins worth 600$ in bitcoin before I joined this community and didn't realize it was unwise to tell people you have bitcoin.

What I've learnt that has really been exceptional to me is how to properly invest in bitcoin with DCA, I've already been holding bitcoin for 2 years now, but I only buy when the price is down and didn't have any idea that I could buy regularly at intervals to better build up my portfolio, I didn't even know what I was doing had a name called buying on dips. Nevertheless, I have become more conscious of the different possibilities for investing.

I really appreciate and have learnt a lot of comprehensive and accurate information that you would know are coming from experienced lips. Thanks everyone on this forum.

I really can't number just how many things I've learned during my stay here or the quantity of knowledge I've acquired here, I've learnt so many things about Bitcoin and Crypto at large, before I came here, I've only known Bitcoin to be the most expensive crypto asset in the history of crypto but I didn't know this much then. Just like you, I learned about the act of DCA when I came to this forum, frankly speaking, I didn't own any fraction of Bitcoin in my name, not because I wasn't interested in it but because I felt it was too late for me to start buying Bitcoin, considering the fact that Bitcoin price has skyrocket to an incredible amount and there was no way I buy a bitcoin, I was also very much scared of risks of loosing my money to the volatile market, I felt if I saved up money and bought, that a dip would follow and I'd loose my money. I was only thinking about the short-term consequences rather than the benefit Hodling for long term. But now my perspective about Bitcoin and crypto has completely changed, although I'm still learning but at least I can boldly say I'm way better than I was before joining the forum.
legendary
Activity: 1680
Merit: 1343
Over the years that I stayed in this giant forum, I learned many things that helped me become a good investor and trader, as I achieved many goals in real life that I would not have achieved without this forum. They were important topics, recommendations, advice, discussions, news, strategies, innovative scam methods, etc., which have significantly assisted me on my journey. Also, being here on the forum with thousands and millions of Bitcoin and cryptocurrency enthusiasts, I learned to become more optimistic and confident in the future of Bitcoin, thanks to their positive outlook on this giant technology, and became more patient and emotionally controlled; I never encountered anyone promoting FUD, even under bad market conditions, as this was a great moral and psychological motivation and mental boost for me. Truly, this forum is a great resource and an effective tool for those who want to learn and gain experience, as there is no one who knows everything in this field.
Activity: 714
Merit: 1004
Goodnight, ohh Leo!!! 🦅
Confidence.... I've broken the bounds of inferiority complex in here, which has a reflection in real life - infact, that's one thing about being yourself behind the character you play in here... People get to see you the way you are, and accept you for that -- when the time is right, you'll just keep glowing like never before ..

secondly, I have gotten acquainted with the processes of trading and HODLing them coins.. I don't think I would have Learnt that perfectly if it wasn't for this platform.. maybe would have been exposed to a couple of scams though.

Sandra 🧑‍🦰
Activity: 798
Merit: 538
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
Financial freedom, when you're using a particular system for a long period of time and you seemed to be hypnotized by their regulations and there comes a time you're just open to be under the privilege of having an alternative means to that long time suffering you've been managing, there's nothing else to do than to embrace the opportunity for something new just as bitcoin was introduced after fiat.
Activity: 336
Merit: 76
Cashback 15%
This forum as being so helpful to me ever since I know about it. At first I do know about bitcoin but the knowledge I have about it was pretty poor and all that. But ever since have being this forum I can see this crypto space more clearer now. All I normally do back then is to do some airdrop and most endup with nothing or get scam and all that but ever since have being in this forum have seen the beauty in investing in bitcoin. And thanks to the knowledgeable members in this forum. They have actually made learning about bitcoin easy and fun too.
friend attempted to hack my Binance account and sell some of my coins worth 600$ in bitcoin before I joined this community and didn't realize it was unwise to tell people you have bitcoin
That the reason why keeping your asset in a cex account ain't safe. It's an easy target for hackers to penetrate. That why always advisable to hold with an Dex account.
Activity: 53
Merit: 6
The best thing I learned from the forum is patience. Yes, definitely patience. Although I am learning more than that, I love patience because I was very impatient in my earthly life, because of which I suffered a lot in life. But today, because of the forum, I have made myself much more patient, especially in trading.
  The forum is teaching me about current technologies, cryptography (blockchain, wallets, key storage, etc.) that I was completely ignorant of. I have learned through various threads how to protect your private key and wallet from fraud.
I also got to know the importance of Bitcoin, although I never had the opportunity to invest in it. But if the creator helps, I will invest in Bitcoin after some time.

Above all, I learned manners, discipline, empathy and cooperation. No problems, and everyone jumps to help with good advice (and that's what I love most).
A lot of knowledge can be gained by patiently spending time on each forum board, which helps in financial and worldly life. Because a board is our educational institution for a subject.

I feel really lucky to be involved in such a place. I won't lie. Although I'm here to make money first, I'll have no regrets if I don't get it. Because the knowledge that I will take from here is not capable even at my age.

Forum is really a learning place which helps us with valuable and accurate information. I believe this place (forum) will not leave anyone empty handed. Although not financially, forums can increase our knowledge base if we invest the right amount of time.
legendary
Activity: 2464
Merit: 1145
FOCUS
Most of my knowledge since I started here. I mostly read here about cryptocurrency, latest trends, hacks and guides came from here. I rarely use twitter but I read some crypto articles if it is eye catching enough. Cryptocurrency is evolving and on constant growth, the threads here helps me get updated on what is happening on cryptocurrency and at the same time making me earn some extra cash to put on my cryptocurrency investment. Maybe the strategy on crypto investing is what I learned here the most compared to other platforms out there.
Activity: 910
Merit: 875
Not Your Keys, Not Your Bitcoin
I really appreciate and have learnt a lot of comprehensive and accurate information that you would know are coming from experienced lips. Thanks everyone on this forum.

There are numerous things I have learned in this forum and one that I value most is minding your business, sometimes you see people doing there thing, trolling eachother, using razor to cut each other through words like they have never had a conversation but trust me, don't take a side, if you must talk. Be neutral or better you mind your business so you don't get hate by some cartel. Hope you feel me.

Hate by some cartel? That's new, never knew there are gang members on this forum too 😅😅😅, might as well broght their guns 🔫

https://x.com/whotfismick/status/1752814747630632991
legendary
Activity: 2604
Merit: 1102
I came here as a total newbie so the first things I've learned about bitcoin was with the help of the forum.

As a new investor I was interested in mining, buying altcoins, cloud mining... I didn't know how many scams there were in the space, how many things that are risky or not worth buying. Nowadays I'm a bitcoiner and a hodler and that's all I care about. It took me months to understand the real value of bitcoin and how it compares to other projects.

I'm sure this knowledge saved me from a financial loss and made me save my bitcoins instead of spending everything at 2x gain. Now I'm at 50X and I still hold.
Activity: 98
Merit: 55

There are numerous things I have learned in this forum and one that I value most is minding your business, sometimes you see people doing there thing, trolling eachother, using razor to cut each other through words like they have never had a conversation but trust me, don't take a side, if you must talk. Be neutral or better you mind your business so you don't get hate by some cartel. Hope you feel me.

Hate by some cartel? That's new, never knew there are gang members on this forum too 😅😅😅, might as well broght their guns 🔫
Activity: 910
Merit: 875
Not Your Keys, Not Your Bitcoin

The most useful of the one I learn is from Bitcoin, that's privacy (pri-vuh-see), we dont care much about this enough. I use to be a type of person that like to show off, yea I mean I'm always on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram posting this and that without putting privacy first, I am ready to post everything about me but today, the accounts are deleted, might still be with Meta and uncle Zuckerberg but it's taken from the public domain. There are ways you can use this and enjoy it but not posting things about you, only if you know these companies monetize your privacy to generate revenue. You are your own privacy, guide it with pride, I learnt that from this forum.
Activity: 532
Merit: 508
What do you believe in?
I did learn the importance of privacy and security on this forum and also got to fully understand how the DCA strategy works in bitcoin investment after joining the forum. I can equally teach people about this too, so I appreciate the opportunity I had to be here.

On this forum, there are a lot of highly intellectual people on different aspects of the block chain industry, and if you stick around for a long time, you will definitely have your knowledge broadened in cryptocurrency and blockchain technology, as well as in other aspects of life like investment, financial management, etc.

While investing in Bitcoin, you should handle your security and privacy paramountly. Bitcoin is a decentralized asset, so you should handle your investment privately; don't share your investment information with anyone. Also, do not forget the security rules that state, "Not your key, not your coin." If you carelessly hand over your private key to a third party, you will risk losing your asset.
Activity: 0
Merit: 0
Wow, that's quite a journey you've had with your crypto experiences! It's always interesting to hear how people navigate the crypto space and learn from their encounters. Glad to hear you've turned that attempted hack into a valuable lesson about security.

The DCA strategy sounds like a game-changer for your investment approach. It's amazing how this community has helped you discover and refine your investment techniques. The collective wisdom here is indeed a treasure trove for crypto enthusiasts. Here's to continued growth and success in your crypto endeavors!
Activity: 98
Merit: 55
Of all I've actually learnt on this forum, the most important information, that i won't only call an information but an advice is for me to always do my own research. This advice I have carried on and has helped me to grow fast as a crypto enthusiast and has helped me to quickly navigate and explore new knowledge.

With this advice I am confident that I can take on new challenges by learning and even approach different and calculative goals like investing I bitcoin, cause I know to always do my own research.

If I were to talk about every other area that this single little piece of advice has helped me, I would end up writing a book out of it, it's an advice that makes you more independent and have saved me from various pitfalls. Thanks OP really joyous for been given this opportunity to share my feelings about this.
Activity: 154
Merit: 109
My experience with bitcoin and the forum is one I won't forget. If I were to give my response on this topic, it would be so lengthy. I cannot say it all, so I won't stress it.

I am sure there are other topics that are related to this topic OP.

How was your first Bitcoin experience?
Tell us about your experience - Bitcoin Forum
Has this forum helped you gain experience in bitcoin, share your experience
Activity: 784
Merit: 544
So many things learned that I can't really say all of them here , especially when it comes to Bitcoin and its investment, one of the things I won't forget to mention is how to invest using dollar cost averaging, I did not only apply it to my Bitcoin investment portfolio, but also I have been using this method in real life trading, and it has actually helped me navigate more profitability in the market than ever, unlike before when I used to enter the market at once.
Activity: 266
Merit: 276
Having bitcoin knowledge has been a step I took that has influenced my decision-making to be the best. I had poor financial management, in which I spent my income on things that did not have value, and at most times I had to go back and start over, yet I never learned and still make the same mistake over and over again. Not until I learnt about investing in bitcoin that it made me store the value of my money in bitcoin. I don't spend unnecessary money because I know I have to DCA consistently and meet my target. I am forever grateful to have had this knowledge. Bitcoin knowledge is key and should be taught. My experience on bitcoin was worthy and everyone may have different experience that would also change their live.
legendary
Activity: 2016
Merit: 2169
Professional Community manager
It is impossible to outline all of the important things I've learnt that have real world applications and have potentially saved me from losses or hacks.
The answer many would give is on security; how the learnt to safely store their bitcoins, how they can apply plausible deniability in cases of a $5 wrench attack, also how to avoid a bad investment by choosing what to put your money into and what not to.
Pages:
Jump to: