Pages:
Author

Topic: What if a person died with BTC!! - page 20. (Read 2250 times)

Activity: 280
Merit: 120
December 08, 2017, 12:34:13 PM
I gave all the information to my parents. They do not understand at all what it is and what to do about it, but I'm sure that my bitcoins will not be lost.

I could pass information to my wife ... but who knows what she has in mind  Grin
Activity: 887
Merit: 516
Bitcoin OG
December 08, 2017, 12:31:22 PM

It's true if a person dies with Bitcion and they're the only person that knows the private key, essentially that Bitcoin died with them. That's why there's a give and take with encryption and store of value, if that person values their family they would have considered writing a will with the Bitcoin information on it to pass it along.
Activity: 322
Merit: 250
December 08, 2017, 12:27:24 PM
What will happen??

No one will have the BTC address. Hence will them isolated?

In FIAT, people can handover money to someone.. So, i predict BTC will be disappeared gradually.
I think people are not so stupid as not to leave passwords for their next of kin, the heirs will receive all the savings of the deceased and will live happily.
Activity: 522
Merit: 10
December 08, 2017, 12:16:38 PM
If you don't trust anybody your private key ncluding to your wife or husband your BTC will also die permanently. It possible if you are a wealthy person like Bill Gates (billionaire)and you have invested BTC at least 10% of your wealth and then suddenly you got a heart attack
Activity: 150
Merit: 100
December 08, 2017, 09:21:23 AM
For that you should keep a copy of your private keys with one of your family. Personally, i'm keeping them with my brother, he knows what they are but he's not involved in cryptocurrencies.
Activity: 531
Merit: 102
December 08, 2017, 09:12:45 AM
What will happen??

In FIAT, people can handover money to someone.. So, i predict BTC will be disappeared gradually.
Your question is an eye opener for me.  It makes me realize that I have at least make a certain code in case sudden death happen to me (which I hope do not happen), my love ones can at least solve it that will lead to access my wallet and my bitcoin address. I think leaving a code to solve for them will give trill just like treasure hunt that leads to inheriting my bitcoins.  Besides, bitcoin is an asset that my love ones will truly appreciate when they inherit if that fate happen.  
Activity: 364
Merit: 130
December 08, 2017, 09:07:51 AM
As I know, if people lose access with their wallets, all the bitcoin inside will come out of the circulation. Similarly, if a person dies and has a bitcoin inside the wallet that no one knows about the private key or seed, the bitcoin will emerge from the bitcoin circulation of only 21 million. And this is what causes the current amount of bitcoin will not reach the maximum number, because it has a lot of bitcoin missing, and it can't be restored.
Activity: 434
Merit: 250
December 08, 2017, 08:54:28 AM
What will happen??

that's why it is very important to share bitcoin to your family member and your friends so that in case that you die accidentally they how to open your acc or leave a notebook that will help them to claim the money you have in the btc. If I were in the situation it'll be easy because my friend know my account and he's also a user of btc and he's a trustworthy person I know my family will get the money I have here.
Activity: 574
Merit: 251
December 08, 2017, 08:46:29 AM
If unfortunately a person dies with btc lying in his account it will the most unfortunate thing ever happened in his life. If a person dies and no one operates his bitcoin account the bitcoins from his account freezes permanently. If a bitcoin user really wants to pass on the benefits of bitcoins to his loved once then he must share his private key with them. We add nominee to our bank accounts, even to our insurance policy, then why not to our bitcoin account. The best option is to write down private key in a book with all the data from the wallet and then to notify two more reliable people who do we want to leave your bitcoin to. That`s the best option.
Activity: 61
Merit: 10
December 08, 2017, 08:39:35 AM
Private keys is very important, once lost, its gone forever. So if you hold a substantial amount of bitcoins, it is advisable to store it in thumbdrive. This will prevent the situation where "this" particular person dies and the the bitcoin being lost forever.
Activity: 213
December 08, 2017, 08:34:46 AM
Interesting idea. But, I think, people trust their relatives, and they will have access to their accounts, will be able to dispose of bitcoin. But, if a person goes out of life, and no one except him has access, then yes, a purse with bitcoins forever disappears into being ..
Activity: 126
Merit: 11
ICO Starting on 1st of April
December 08, 2017, 08:27:38 AM
It is the same when you losing your private key or passphrase. Bitcoins stay on this address and that's all.

Sometimes the family cannot be trusted because there are some families are killing each other and when you're not so close bonded with your family members then it's better that your keys will be passed on your closest friend.
Activity: 2912
Merit: 642
December 08, 2017, 08:23:52 AM
Bitcoin number will still be 21 million. It will not change.
We have many examples of this and it is not just death that caused it. Computer lost or broken. Forgotten passwords or cannot find the private keys. All of this will stay in the blockchain but the problem is there is no access.
So what could happen? The circulation will get lower and that means bitcoin becomes rare. It is good for us.

The means of getting it back will be impossible just like the force bruting the private keys of satoshi.
Activity: 93
Merit: 15
December 08, 2017, 08:13:46 AM
There is no problem if the person left the username and password details written on  a paper. In fact, it is really advised to do so, if you have good amount of money invested. They can cash it easily.
Activity: 64
Merit: 0
December 08, 2017, 08:07:01 AM
No one will access the bitcoin, it will stay on the network. There are cases right here on the blog, where people lost their passwords 7 years ago and had bitcoin in that wallet and ask for help to recover the password but no one can help them. The best choice is to write down in a notebook all the data from the wallet and the rest of the account, then to notify two more reliable people who do you want to leave your bitcoin to.

Activity: 406
December 08, 2017, 07:59:27 AM
bitcoin in my opinion will not vanish by internal problems but if due to new external problems I believe as well as when the Internet
or technology will disappear new bitcoin will also go missing so it all follow the groove
Activity: 729
Merit: 502
December 08, 2017, 07:53:14 AM
It is the same when you losing your private key or passphrase. Bitcoins stay on this address and that's all.
December 08, 2017, 07:52:50 AM
Yes his or her bitcoin will be isolated. Unless someone other that him/her who knows about the credentials in his wallet it is totally isolated. I will save my passwords and log ins on my computer thank you for the reminder.

Most Bitcoin users are actually haven't yet informed their families about cyrpto-currency and especially if they're holding Bitcoin then the worst fact is when they die, their Bitcoin will also died together. And that's really the unfortunate thing to happen.
December 08, 2017, 07:49:52 AM
Yes his or her bitcoin will be isolated. Unless someone other that him/her who knows about the credentials in his wallet it is totally isolated. I will save my passwords and log ins on my computer thank you for the reminder.
December 08, 2017, 07:49:52 AM
What will happen??

It's true, one of the disadvantage of Cyrpto-Currency is when the user died and the keys are not handed over to the family or someone close will make their coins died with them. Actually there are estimated more or less a million Bitcoins that is lost due to lost keys and the owners are dead so we can do nothing about it.
Pages:
Jump to: