Pages:
Author

Topic: What if a person died with BTC!! - page 12. (Read 2250 times)

Activity: 27
Merit: 0
December 23, 2017, 03:24:59 AM
If a person has so many bitcoins and died then there is a possibility that it will just go to waste if there's no person or relatives know about his/her password or about his btc.
Activity: 266
Merit: 101
Cryptomooniac - to the moon and beyond...
December 22, 2017, 07:23:56 PM
The Bitcoins stay on the blockchain, forever, unless the husband/wife has access to the private keys of those wallets and can transfer them out. They are not destroyed, because Bitcoin in essence is a huge ledger.
Activity: 1400
Merit: 269
December 22, 2017, 07:20:34 PM
Well that depends on him if he wants to give all hes credentials to his loved ones for example mother, spouse or chilren in case something might happen to him but if he doesn't want to give it his bitcoin's will still be on the blockchain,it will be a long time hodl. You just have to plan everything ahead if your doing bitcoin for your family then teach btc so they can inherit your btc. Simple as that.
Activity: 51
December 22, 2017, 07:09:36 AM
you must have trusted person till him any thing about you.

if die his family will lost a lot of money
Activity: 191
Merit: 100
December 22, 2017, 03:13:08 AM
What will happen??

No one will have the BTC address. Hence will them isolated?

In FIAT, people can handover money to someone.. So, i predict BTC will be disappeared gradually.

If a person with BTC and have a sudden death his/her BTC will still be in the network, unless he/she saves all information about his/her btc on notepad and can be easily access by his/her family. Like me all my online password are save on my pc.
Yes, that will possibly happen for someone who used to manage bitcoin. If he or she had trusted someone about his or her account, maybe that person may use and earn it. They're maybe his/her friends or family. I hope everyone here has been doing that for them not to waste their bitcoin.
Activity: 336
Merit: 10
December 22, 2017, 03:07:22 AM
Good question
Im prepared if i died
I save my private key in secret place but i keep clue to my mom so she can find it
Activity: 7
December 22, 2017, 03:04:05 AM
good question actually. unless person die by accidentally he/she will transfer bitcoins to his or her decedents
Activity: 124
▰▰ ARENA SPACE ▰▰
December 22, 2017, 02:59:37 AM
this is a very hard case if the owner of the bitcoin address dies leaving no access to anyone even his/her love ones does't know his private key because no one can access his wallet then we can assume that this bitcoin is lost forever because there is no backdoor or any means to access bitcoin address even bruteforce can't and if this happens then they're will be no security at all in bitcoin address
Activity: 448
December 22, 2017, 02:55:36 AM
I'm sure he had left a note in case anything happens to him. No one would want that all his efforts in btc especially if it is worth millions then no one will benefit in the end.
Activity: 50
December 22, 2017, 02:45:15 AM
Bitcoins ain't attached to a human being... probably if I die no one will be able to take my coins Cheesy , haven't shared with anyone my private keys or passwords.
Activity: 55
December 22, 2017, 02:44:26 AM
What will happen??

In FIAT, people can handover money to someone.. So, i predict BTC will be disappeared gradually.

If he left the private keys to someone else that's the way to use them, if not these coins are lost forver.
Activity: 266
The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet
December 22, 2017, 02:43:52 AM
I think it is pretty much happening, there should be plenty of bitcoin lost a few years ago when it wasn't worth much. People tend to forget it due to no value in it, and now they try everything to recover it which is unfortunately impossible to do.
We need to atleast share our account credential with family or wife, definitely not girlfriend LOL
Activity: 700
Merit: 500
December 22, 2017, 02:33:13 AM
Then all of his bitcoin would be nonsense, no one knows his private key, so in short, all of his harwork earning that bitcoin will go to his grave with him also. That is why it is important that you have a white paper of your private key so that if your love ones or family see it, they know how to get your bitcoin and use it in expenses on their daily living.
legendary
Activity: 966
Merit: 1042
December 22, 2017, 12:41:07 AM
That's a great feature of bitcoin. If someone dies and takes their private key with them, everyone else's bitcoins are worth just that little bit more. It won't be noticed little by little, but supply and demand will determine the outcome. Let it do the dirty work.
Activity: 532
December 22, 2017, 12:39:37 AM
Everyone knows the answer I think,  those person who use bitcoin has suddenly past out must be saved their all privacy on notebook first or something else.  So,  the people who care or who wanna responsible about it could be find the way to save the bitcoin from the death man or give to the death man's family.
Activity: 563
Merit: 102
December 22, 2017, 12:18:09 AM
What will happen??

if someone died and he or she had a BTC on his/her wallet it will stay in there, especially if no one knows in the family that he is doing bitcoin otherwise he has told a member of the family his password and wallet address where he kept it . then they can sell it and encash or continue his work in bitcoin.
Activity: 318
December 21, 2017, 11:15:06 PM
What will happen??

to anticipate it you can hire the services of a lawyer to make a inheritance, and when everything happens bitcoin is given to the heirs.
Activity: 66
December 21, 2017, 10:45:49 PM
It is undeniable that there will be less and less BTC.
Activity: 12
December 21, 2017, 10:41:11 PM
Yeah. i'm just wondering if what would happen if the person that has a bitcoin on his wallet. could it be possible to be wasted or the admin will just take it. when if the person is inactive.
Activity: 452
December 21, 2017, 10:37:29 PM
What will happen??

Thats right. That bitcoin will no longer can be used. I think bitcoin will not dissapear in the near future. Probably it will still exist until 10.000 year, if this world is still exist  Wink . We are so close with the doomsday.
Pages:
Jump to: