Pages:
Author

Topic: What if another altcoin surpasses BTC in value? - page 8. (Read 3925 times)

Activity: 420
Merit: 250
What will you do if some altcoin (XMR or ETH for example surpasses the value of BTC, either in market cap or by the price of a token each? Will you sell your BTC to buy the more "valuable" coin, or continue using and holding BTC? Also, what do you think are the chances that it could happen? I would like to hear your thoughts and opinions.

Not impossible but unlikely. Maybe only in case that some major flaw is found in bitcoin which is not present in future x coin and therefore people migrate to it to protext their investments. What will i do? No idea at the moment tbh.
Activity: 12
Merit: 0
I think it is not possible for some altcoin to overcome Bitcoin. All of the altcoins are Bitcoin based. I mean, look at the exchange sites, how can you buy an altcoin? Of course through Bitcoin (and some via Ethereum). Aside from that, Bitcoin is the one who started it all. Therefore, it is the mther of all coins. And lastly, it is the only coin with unknown developers. We inly know its developer by the name of Satoshi Nakamoto.

Yes I agree it's impossible for other altcoin to overcome Bitcoin. It's like a tree, Bitcoin is the root and the altcoins are the branches. Without the root the tree will die.
It is not like that. There is no rocket science behind this fact that bitcoin is only famous just of having big profit ratios.

As now, if another coin with more profit ratio would be developed, believe me there is nothing about bitcoins would be remained on news. It is just matter of money and profits whosoever can make more that will be the king.
No i don't think that is true if an alter coin will surpass bitcoin i would be the number 1 i personally do think that that will happen i am actually almost sure which coin will surpass it but i am not sure how long it is going to take.
Activity: 1162
Merit: 260
Bitcoin has go through several situation and after all things it gone stronger and stronger. Now people having lots of faith in it. And any altcoins have to do tremendously well to suppress the bitcoin. I don't think it is totally impossible but it is very tough to be done.
Activity: 335
Merit: 250
DECENTRALIZED CLOUD SERVICES
What will you do if some altcoin (XMR or ETH for example surpasses the value of BTC, either in market cap or by the price of a token each? Will you sell your BTC to buy the more "valuable" coin, or continue using and holding BTC? Also, what do you think are the chances that it could happen? I would like to hear your thoughts and opinions.
It will never gonna happen if you would compare the price of bitcoin with other currencies the gap is very high and bitcoin is more popular against other coins, no one will surpass bitcoin.
Activity: 350
Merit: 100
BITDEPOSITARY - Make ICO's , More Secure

it wouldn't be impossible in the first place since everything about investments and currency values revolves in supply and demand and if ever bitcoin is surpassed by other cryptocurrencies ( which more likely happens maybe more than 2020's ) then it will just create the same cycle again.
Activity: 96
Merit: 10
Its too early to say that.As of now, we cannot expect it to be happen.But in the long run anything may happen. If the altcoin is more useful than bitcoin and has good features  then it may take over bitcoin. But it cannot happen now itself.This takes a lot of time.
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
Then Buy and Keep that coin if your looking for Profit Smiley
Activity: 105
I think there is no chance that an altcoin will surpassed bitcoin because bitcoin is the superior of all cryptocurrencies but if that happens I will convert some of my bitcoins into that altcoin so that I will earn profit on both cryptocurrencies. Also, I am sure that bitcoin will recover its value as time goes by.
legendary
Activity: 1624
Merit: 2481
I don't see any altcoin to be able to surpass Bitcoin in short term. This is due to the fact that BTC has been here for a very long time as the first crypto.
One exception, of course, would be if something unexpected would happen.
Even if it would surpass BTC i would still hold/keep coins.
Im not saying i wouldn't also Invest in the surpassing coin.
Activity: 1778
Merit: 504
WorkAsPro
Being able to pass Bitcoin at this time is really hard because Bitcoin is always a top priority and investors prefer to invest in Bitcoin more. I think if you want the altcoin to pass Bitcoin then the altcoin must have a new revolution and be trusted by many people.
Activity: 1372
Merit: 348
That is possible that another altcoin surpass in BTC if its community become bigger and Bitcoin technology become obsolete.  If so then I believe people will move in to the more advanced and have real application one.  But I believe there will be a transition period and Bitcoin community will have enough time to  adjust and move since takeover do not happen overnight.
Activity: 182
They say a thin line separates genius and madness.

If XMR or Eth surpasses bitcoin someday i would still hold half of my btc and sell the other half to buy the altcoin that surpasses btc. the reason for this is that if before news breaks out like eth for example surpasses btc it will spread like wild fire and the effect will be large scale. but before the news takes effect on the exchange that's the right time to sell btc and buy altcoins so The price of btc is still high at that time. After that wait for that altcoin price to rise even more then sell some of it to get profit and buy btc at a lower price. The reason for buying btc is that the btc will surely will make a comeback thus increasing more profits.

Just remember in any trading buy low and sell high and you will surely get profit. Do not let greed and making decisions without thinking take over you.
legendary
Activity: 2383
Merit: 1551
dogs are cute.
Mr. Adam Smith will also find it difficult to figure what exactly can happen to the crypto currency world economically. Altcoins have a bigger capital than bitcoin, which makes its supply to be way more than its demand, people want to buy altcoins at a cheaper price and sell it for 100%,200%,300% profit. That's only part where altcoins come to play, it cannot compete against bitcoin in other aspects.
Activity: 196
Merit: 101
Bitcoins are one of the highest volumes in the market. And if there is more then it will be harder for them. Because it is trusted by all people. The only way to beat it is to follow his course and the years he has surpassed. That way, an Altcoins can exceed the price of bitcoins. The future is faintly readable so we go through the flow and accept everything happening
Activity: 294
Merit: 101
First of all I don't think that will happen, second I will basically do nothing if ever another altcoin will surpass BTC. And I don't think there is an altcoin meant to create for that reason now, most of the coins usually has a purpose why it is created and not to just surpass Bitcoin so I'm sure BTC don't feel threatened at all.
Activity: 1432
Merit: 500
There are more coins can cross the btc value in future. One of them is ETH surely it's will going to get more future  in coming days so my suggestion you can buy now and sell in future more than btc value.
Activity: 714
Merit: 104
Even in the more distant future, bitcoin is not threatened by the fact that it can be circumvented by the cost of some altcoyin. The second after bitcoin in the capitalization table is the etherium, which is more than ten times cheaper than bitcoin. Therefore, bitcoin is the undisputed leader of all crypto-currencies.
Activity: 373
In my observation, maybe someday there could be one or few coins that can pass the bitcoins price, but it is quiet impossible. To think that since the beginning bitcoin was already there and should we say the mother of all crypto.
Activity: 742
Merit: 251

Anything can be happened in the Crypto_currency world. but as a my opinion i don't think so it can be or if it will happen i will  continue using and holding BTC.  Smiley
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
I think this situation will not happen.bitcoin is the leader of the crypto currency ,all the altcoins following it ,how can they surpass bitcoin? Nowadays,if bitcoin price drops,most altcoins drop too,which can show the leadership of bitcoin.i believe bitcoin forever!
Pages:
Jump to: