Pages:
Author

Topic: What if another altcoin surpasses BTC in value? - page 10. (Read 3925 times)

Activity: 658
Merit: 103
What will you do if some altcoin (XMR or ETH for example surpasses the value of BTC, either in market cap or by the price of a token each? Will you sell your BTC to buy the more "valuable" coin, or continue using and holding BTC? Also, what do you think are the chances that it could happen? I would like to hear your thoughts and opinions.
Wel if you insist lol i think maybe not possible though that two are the nearest but so far ahead in bitcoin values bitcoin is so far ahead even on eth and xmr bitcoin has been going for 8 year now what is 8 years of advance than other altcoins. Altcoins depends on fees not like bitcoin on some cases dont have fees to exchange but some transactions are but it all starts with no fees to handle i think it is almost impossible but if bitcoin will be going out business that will come though or that time will bitcoin will be surpassed
Activity: 208
Merit: 100
There are already altcoins that surpasses btc in value but the value is not a factor to choose a successful altcoin.
Activity: 644
Merit: 500
When Bitcoin prices starts falling, every single altcoin starts doing the same thing, so i really don't see this happening! If Bitcoins dies, the whole crypto space will die with it.
There is no other coin competing bitcoin in the market and about ZCASH who know about it, price is not the main circle of influence popularity also matters and all over the world folks are talking about bitcoin because it is acceptable across many region and it is the most valuable and strong coin of era and no other coin can gain such a popularity and progress.
Activity: 266
Merit: 105
well i think if that is gonna happen maybe something is wrong with the market or i mean cryptos has been disrupt by some events that could possibly force bitcoin go down and some altcoins will beat it in value. But theoretically as of now that is impossible, if bitcoin value goes down way hard, other cryptos might go down as well since they have significant direct relationship because they circulate on the same place which is the blockchain.
Merit: 252
IMUSIFY - Award Winning Blockchain Music Tech
I think It is not possible cause no other coin is able to reach near the BTC. But, If will happen that any altcoin surpasses BTC then there is nothing to be worry cause Market will be more stronger and we will find a good competition.

Well Anything can happen, especially these altcoins claiming to be banks has a lot of great potential in the near future since they will be greatly regulated

No real altcoin claims to be a bank, some claim to offer banking services like Change, TenX, ... but they'll stay a lot more decentralised. If any alt surpasses BTC its a BTC fork
Activity: 182
Transcodium - The Future of Transcoding
I think It is not possible cause no other coin is able to reach near the BTC. But, If will happen that any altcoin surpasses BTC then there is nothing to be worry cause Market will be more stronger and we will find a good competition.

Well Anything can happen, especially these altcoins claiming to be banks has a lot of great potential in the near future since they will be greatly regulated
legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000
What will you do if some altcoin (XMR or ETH for example surpasses the value of BTC, either in market cap or by the price of a token each? Will you sell your BTC to buy the more "valuable" coin, or continue using and holding BTC? Also, what do you think are the chances that it could happen? I would like to hear your thoughts and opinions.

maybe ethereum is the only altcoin that has that potential. but we will not know what will happen in the future. at this time a lot of new altcoins are appearing and I think one of them will appear altcoin which also has the potential to beat bitcoin.
Activity: 952
Merit: 108
1xBit recovered their reputation
Activity: 546

Actually, I'm not thinking about it because I believe that it is a bit impossible at this moment, looking only the values and gaps of bitcoin and other altcoins. Despite some speculations that ETH will sooner or later take over BTC and will be the next BTC and the hard forks that happened, look at where bitcoin is right now, it is miles away from the other. Well, we cannot ignore the fact that there's a possibility, who knows right but I guess that's only a tiny one and it will surely take more and more years before it will gonna happen.
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
It it does, and it's possible, I guess you can just use your bitcoin or other crypto to buy it. Smiley
I think ETH will surpass bitcoin in the marketcap  one day, because ETH is a reputable coin, investors are emerging to this altcoins. and ETH has alot of ICO.. so i think ETH will be in top .1 in coinmarketcap.

It is not going to happen for the next 100 years I guess. Look at the number of users. ETH is miles behind Bitcoin in that regard. And look at the number of places accepting ETH. Compared to the number of stores and shops accepting BTC, the same for ETH is quite minuscule. And recently, the ETH adoption has suffered several setbacks, especially in China.

Eth isn't a currency, it has a higher chance of getting industrial adoption, but individual adoption will be thanks to bitcoin no doubt
Merit: 259
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
There is always the possibility of that happening and in my opinion, it's going to happen very soon. As soon as investors see that bitcoin is not giving them enough profits and they view that another cryptocurrency is going to give them the exact thing, they are going to flock towards it and make their money.
legendary
Activity: 3654
Merit: 1217
I think ETH will surpass bitcoin in the marketcap  one day, because ETH is a reputable coin, investors are emerging to this altcoins. and ETH has alot of ICO.. so i think ETH will be in top .1 in coinmarketcap.

It is not going to happen for the next 100 years I guess. Look at the number of users. ETH is miles behind Bitcoin in that regard. And look at the number of places accepting ETH. Compared to the number of stores and shops accepting BTC, the same for ETH is quite minuscule. And recently, the ETH adoption has suffered several setbacks, especially in China.
Activity: 311
Merit: 0

Ultimately, the currency will win, which will have the most developed infrastructure and the most deshovaya in use.
The course does not affect the future of the currency.
Therefore, I will keep my bitcoins.
Activity: 896
Merit: 520

Bitcoin is also reputable, and a completely different animal. Eth is a platform, btc is an asset. I don't believe Eth will surpass btc but I wouldn't mind if it did

Not only ETH, even BCH or bitcoin gold which gonna come in future also will reach to you but none of the coins will reach to the market value what bitcoin's value and it's growth. There are many adoption is upcoming with the bitcoin and its all platform where all people are investing to it.
Activity: 364
Merit: 250

I'm not gonna sell my btc due to the reason that an altcoin surpassed its value in any sense. Everything is possible and will likely happen depending on the circumstances so there might be a chance that an altcoin took btc's place. Don't hate me on this I'm just an open minded person. So, let's say that it actually happens I'll continue investing in btc and invest with the said altcoin using my money instead of having to sell btc. In that case, I will have more investments in various coins.

Bitcoin is also reputable, and a completely different animal. Eth is a platform, btc is an asset. I don't believe Eth will surpass btc but I wouldn't mind if it did
Activity: 12
Merit: 0
Bitcoin would then fall, because then many people will see that it has no potential anymore. Everyone will then invest in that altcoin. This is possible, because bitcoin is unstable.

However Bitcoin holds a massive amount of market price so i think that it would be not so easily.
Activity: 266
Merit: 111
As far as I know the valuation of all altcoins depends on the bitcoin because they consider it as the mother and the benchmark of their price so I don't think there would be an altcoin that can surpass the value of bitcoin and if that will happen maybe bitcoin is no longer the main crypto currency that is being accepted and use worldwide.
Activity: 167
Merit: 10
Of course it can be possible but very difficult.

Even people support some alts, every time BTC goes down market crashes... A lot of people use alts just to get more BTC. As I said it can happen... But not in the coming years.
Pages:
Jump to: