Pages:
Author

Topic: What if bitcoin crashes? - page 5. (Read 584 times)

Activity: 336
Merit: 10
March 05, 2018, 07:43:21 PM
What do you think would happen to the rest of the currencies if for some reason bitcoin were to crash and the price dropped to 0?

It does not matter if bitcoins will crash its value in the market because the prices will still go back to normal after a few weeks or months. There is always ups and down in the market and investing on the right time will really make you earn more profit.
Activity: 644
Merit: 113
March 05, 2018, 07:39:59 PM
What do you think would happen to the rest of the currencies if for some reason bitcoin were to crash and the price dropped to 0?

We actually have nothing to do about it anymore. The fact that bitcoin is only valuable because people decide it, they cam also decide instantly to make unvaluable in an instant. It is essential to know that when investing, you have decided to take the risk the unknown future of bitcoin. I always remind myself that, if I cant afford to lose this fund I qont invest it in bitcoin. Honestly, I cant afford not to lose any cents, bur this is the reality, crashing might happen in sudden and you should decide what you are really willing to risk.

Activity: 199
March 05, 2018, 07:38:20 PM

People will panic. Some will start to sell their bitcoin and some will take advantage and buy bitcoin. And if it remains 0 for long period of time, some people will be hopeless and may give bitcoin. Others might have patience and wait for bitcoin to rise. But I think it is impossible to dropped 0.
Activity: 350
Merit: 111
March 05, 2018, 07:30:33 PM
When that happens, I can really say that's this is the time to say goodbye to all Cryptocurrency. Since Bitcoin is the mother of all virtual currency, all alt coins will also be affected. Do not you realize that when the Bitcoin price drops, all alt coins will falls also? that proves that all alt coins are based on Bitcoin.
Activity: 952
Merit: 104
March 05, 2018, 07:17:40 PM

this an over acting question and if the price goes to 0 there nothing sense to invest in any kind of altcoin because is useless because the reason the price of bitcoin and altcoin is now are depending on the dollar rate and also hoping bitcoin and cryptocurrency world cimes to become defendent for itself as curerency and can use anytime anywhere in the world.
Activity: 462
Merit: 100
March 05, 2018, 07:13:13 PM

Well if bitcoin crashes, most altcoins will surely follow. Whenever bitcoin crashes more and more people want to buy more, so it is less likely to happen that bitcoin will go back to less than a dollar again or even valueless. People see bitcoin as a good long term investment and it also brings convenience to a lot of people.
Activity: 3080
Merit: 603
March 05, 2018, 07:09:34 PM
I'll give an example on what will happen base on my understanding.

If bitcoin goes to zero, all coins including shit coins will be dead and cryptocurrencies is going to be a fairy tale after that.
Oh no, probably some other scheme will emerge, maybe some country-controlled digitial cash, like digital USD or something. Bitcoin was not the first attempt at digital cash either, there were some precursors (long dead precursors, to be sure) and if Bitcoin dies, some other type of crypto will emerge. It will be improved over Bitcoin - some known issues plaguing Bitcoin will be corrected. Or not.
It isn't literally the first digital cash. There is PayPal, credit card, debit card and other technology that allows you to purchase something without holding any amount of cash. But most of them are also going through a third party and to the bank that takes a lot of time before being confirmed to the bank's database. And you don't have to worry about bitcoin going to zero, it's impossible now even there are too many innovation that is happening in cryptocurrency, it simply can't be replaced easily.
Activity: 74
Merit: 5
IOS - The secure, scalable blockchain
March 05, 2018, 06:57:59 PM
Bitcoin means cryptocurrency, if it wasn't for the famous and popular price jump that bitcoin made last year, the crypto market would not have reached the level that it is at right now, so in my opinion when and if bitcoin goes down for some reason the whole cryptocurrency will eventually go down with it, because most of the trades made in this market are all involved around bitcoin and the market will lose its profibality if such thing happens.
Activity: 1694
Merit: 541
March 05, 2018, 06:47:42 PM
The scenario you are talking about is not likely to happen even in the worst case ,one thing you have to understand is that the entire alt coin market came about just because bitcoin started it all and all of the coins are primarily trading with bitcoin and if the price crashes all of the coins will come down,after all it all depends upon what made the crash in the first place.
Activity: 278
Merit: 1
March 05, 2018, 06:44:15 PM
all the market probably will be worthless because the aim is to increase your amount of btc and at the end to make enough cash in fiat and cash out, if the btc would be 0 than what would be the reason to trade alts.
Activity: 378
Merit: 16
March 05, 2018, 06:38:29 PM
that means investor confidence in bitcoin is gone
and I'm also sure, on that day everyone will prefer to hold than a big loss
because the key to profit, is a strong hand
Activity: 429
Merit: 100
March 05, 2018, 06:34:46 PM
If ever this thing wpuld happen, I doubt that it will negatively affect other cryptos. The demand at this moment is into Bitcoin and maybe if Bitcoin will die, the demand will be transferred to other cryptos because it is more likely to happen that the investors of Bitcoin will find something that is also profitable. So I think there's a possibility that it will be in favor for other cryptos.
Activity: 59
Merit: 0
March 05, 2018, 06:23:56 PM
Then most alts will go to zero as well only a few altcoins will survive but I do not know for how long such projects could survive since most people will withdraw their money out of those coins as well in an attempt to try to keep their money, most likely we will need a new generation of coins to try to make people optimistic again but it is entirely possible the market never recovers from such a thing.
Activity: 154
Merit: 1
March 05, 2018, 05:53:10 PM
I think the bitcoin price will not probably drop to 0 because in bitcoin marketing is very good apart from there are still many investors who believe and are convinced that bitcoin is unlikely to drop to the lowest point ...
Additionally Bitcoin is a decentralized global transaction cash system, so my opinion of bitcoin not go down in price to 0, thanks ...
Activity: 41
March 05, 2018, 04:58:11 PM
I don't think that this will hapoen. Bitcoin have been doing good jn its field and will continue to grow even kore in the coming years. Hut just to answer the question, if btc crashes all other als will also be affected and cryptocurrency will remain as memories m
Activity: 308
Merit: 11
March 05, 2018, 04:41:28 PM
The question is what will be the failure. Connected to the corruption of the entire system. Is the lack of investor interest simply? The first despicable of all cryptocurrencies. The second will allow a BTC place for another hare.
legendary
Activity: 2618
Merit: 1181
March 05, 2018, 04:10:49 PM
your question is "if" bitcoin crash to 0 value right? before that happen, a lof of the coins will be dropped first because some trader not want to miss the price before it is be nothing. they will sell their alts to cashout their money
Activity: 98
March 05, 2018, 03:47:50 PM
As long as bitcoin does not get a certain amount (21 million), he certainly will not fail. Bitcoin will continue to be the first decentralized crypto currency (Father). This year will be the best for bitcoin.
Activity: 238
OPEN GAMING PLATFORM
March 05, 2018, 03:26:00 PM
Bitcoin is the king of crypto world so all other cryptocurrencies on the crypto market will be affected a lot when Bitcoin crashed but these cryptocurrencies will survive without the king, it'll only affect to the price of the whole market for a short time. Beside I think there are no reasons that Bitcoin can be crashed in the future so this is just a theory Smiley)
Activity: 392
Merit: 39
March 05, 2018, 03:22:34 PM
I'll give an example on what will happen base on my understanding.

If bitcoin goes to zero, all coins including shit coins will be dead and cryptocurrencies is going to be a fairy tale after that.
Oh no, probably some other scheme will emerge, maybe some country-controlled digitial cash, like digital USD or something. Bitcoin was not the first attempt at digital cash either, there were some precursors (long dead precursors, to be sure) and if Bitcoin dies, some other type of crypto will emerge. It will be improved over Bitcoin - some known issues plaguing Bitcoin will be corrected. Or not.
Pages:
Jump to: