Pages:
Author

Topic: What if BTC won't see ATH again? - page 8. (Read 1424 times)

legendary
Activity: 2520
Merit: 1721
MrStork Exchange Service
April 27, 2023, 03:04:13 PM
It's the same as being called a fluctuation that can go up and down at any time making prices change at any time, bitcoin always has a long history and I always see records of how bitcoin always reaches a peak when a cycle has occurred, why bitcoin can reach ATH because of limited supply and also market supply and demand is always increasing so we believe it will happen again every 4 years where after the usual halving bitcoin reaches ATH again.
What we are looking forward to is the next 4-year cycle where the Halving will happen and the possibility of ATH will be reached.
It will come soon, we should all get ready too. Bitcoin's current price is still very affordable compared to the last ATH that Bitcoin reached.
Especially if the new ATH is reached which is predicted to reach $100k in this -4 halving cycle.

So I don't think bitcoin is not ATH anymore while the supply is still limited and the human population now almost likes to invest in bitcoin it will be even more rare and make the price of bitcoin go up again.
Bitcoin supply is limited to only 21 million and will be mined out in the next few years.
In addition, Bitcoin left by its owner will also not move, so automatically the supply of Bitcoin will decrease and only a few are in circulation.
The rarer it is, the more expensive it will be. The future of Bitcoin is still quite long and is currently still a start.
Activity: 812
Merit: 349
April 27, 2023, 02:55:42 PM
Let's be honest, market do not follow any rules. There is no rule or law that says BTC should reach another ATH next cycle and next after. What if 69K was the maximum it could reach, and for the next years or decades it will be mostly fluctuating between 15k and let's say 40k.

So, let's collect here the reasons why there will be ATH for BTC.
Name one (at least) reason, please.  
When something occurs repeatedly at the same intervals, it somehow becomes the norm. This time around, the ATH of the price of Bitcoin will not be an exception. Every four years, a new ATH will continue to occur. Possibly in 2024 or 2025.

According to what I have seen so far, the price of bitcoin has historically increased every four years (around and after the halving season), with new records being set.

However, if the previous ATH was $69k, the subsequent ATH for bitcoin will be above it, maybe close to $80k +
legendary
Activity: 2282
Merit: 1435
April 27, 2023, 07:11:35 AM
What if no one has promised that Bitcoin gonna update ATH every few years or every cycle? Just accept that as a fact, no one promised that cryptocurrency prices will always grow. If BTC wont update ATH, then it means that is has run out of power, trust and people will create (they always do) other asset that will become demanded and it will be a locomotion of a industry.

I think not every single BTC holder has bought it at 69k. So even if ATH is not updated, but BTC price still get close to +65k, a lot of people will be more than happy about it. Live with an idea that BTC wasnt created as a speculative asset. Dont rely on growth, use technology and opportunities instead Tongue
Activity: 1624
Merit: 791
Bitcoin To The Moon 📈📈📈
April 27, 2023, 06:38:54 AM
Everything is still in the context of How and Maybe, who can predict with certainty the direction of Bitcoin in the future. Bitcoin movements are not regulated by any party, everything depends on demand and supply in the market. So far I have never seen Bitcoin fail, after experiencing a small or large correction, Bitcoin will always experience strengthening. All of this depends on how you judge your performance and your trust in Bitcoin. It will take time to reach ATH as expected, only time will tell.
It's the same as being called a fluctuation that can go up and down at any time making prices change at any time, bitcoin always has a long history and I always see records of how bitcoin always reaches a peak when a cycle has occurred, why bitcoin can reach ATH because of limited supply and also market supply and demand is always increasing so we believe it will happen again every 4 years where after the usual halving bitcoin reaches ATH again.

So I don't think bitcoin is not ATH anymore while the supply is still limited and the human population now almost likes to invest in bitcoin it will be even more rare and make the price of bitcoin go up again.
Activity: 2800
Merit: 603
April 27, 2023, 05:55:09 AM
if bitcoin wont find way to enter another ATH? then maybe this is what we cannot call crypto anymore . while the chance is very tin to happen because for how many times that we have seen this happening ath every 4 years cycle.

imagine this great crypto will be permanently in this level? or the highest level attained is 68k?
investors will lose its faith and surely will withdraw their support .

I may use mine for online transaction or convert into real life business then?
It happens because we assume that every 4-year cycle the market turns bullish. Perhaps, it was a brainwash, and people got really disappointed if not coming so they are worried and possibly they will leave crypto if it never happens. But we have faith and we believe that even if Bitcoin will make another ATH, the price will still keep on growing. And besides, with the small pump and corrections, we still make a profit from it. In fact, if we buy Bitcoin at $25k and then the price rise and reaches to at least $40k, it was already a huge profit.
Activity: 2366
Merit: 191
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
April 27, 2023, 05:04:32 AM
if bitcoin wont find way to enter another ATH? then maybe this is what we cannot call crypto anymore . while the chance is very tin to happen because for how many times that we have seen this happening ath every 4 years cycle.

imagine this great crypto will be permanently in this level? or the highest level attained is 68k?
investors will lose its faith and surely will withdraw their support .

I may use mine for online transaction or convert into real life business then?
Activity: 882
Merit: 215
#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE
April 27, 2023, 05:02:52 AM
Yes, Bitcoin may be a good investment strategy, I think it's good if it's done right judging by the market capitalization data and the limited number of Bitcoins, but it's better not to push yourself too hard in investing in a hurry. I mean competition around future price performance The future of Bitcoin is not easy to predict correctly because there are many different factors that can affect the market but at least it can help one not to get caught up in overly confident or certain issues or statements about Bitcoin price movement in the future.
Activity: 952
Merit: 541
April 27, 2023, 04:33:57 AM
Everything is still in the context of How and Maybe, who can predict with certainty the direction of Bitcoin in the future. Bitcoin movements are not regulated by any party, everything depends on demand and supply in the market. So far I have never seen Bitcoin fail, after experiencing a small or large correction, Bitcoin will always experience strengthening. All of this depends on how you judge your performance and your trust in Bitcoin. It will take time to reach ATH as expected, only time will tell.
Activity: 616
Merit: 749
April 27, 2023, 04:15:52 AM
Let's be honest, market do not follow any rules. There is no rule or law that says BTC should reach another ATH next cycle and next after. What if 69K was the maximum it could reach, and for the next years or decades it will be mostly fluctuating between 15k and let's say 40k.

Market doesn't follow any rules but the Bitcoin market has had a pattern it has been following for more than a decade and that pattern has been the reason behind the adoption and development on the entire cryptocurrency space. There's no reason for Bitcoin to stop following that pattern now and that's why bitcoin getting new all time high is likely to happen than not to happen.

Bitcoin is halving coming next year and what that does is to reduce the inflow of Bitcoin coming into existence, and that means there'll be less Bitcoin available for purchase on exchanges and we already know whales in form of individuals and companies has be accumulating Bitcoin so there won't be enough to buy and that'll drive up the price to a new all time high.
Activity: 1904
Merit: 544
We are all the pieces of what we remember.
April 27, 2023, 03:37:56 AM
In my opinion, the supply cap is not enough to guarantee that bitcoin will rise in price and hit a new ATH, it is more important about its demand. I mean, even if bitcoin has a limited supply but its demand is not high, people don't value it, it can't go up in price. Supply and demand need to work together, higher demand than supply is enough to trigger higher bitcoin prices in the future. So, whether bitcoin goes up in price and hits a new ATH is entirely up to us.
Sorry for the late reply, but I'm short on time at the moment. Yes I agree with you. Certainly, capping the amount of bitcoins is not the main reason why we will eventually see a new ATH. As you write, supply and demand are the main reasons for a new ATH. But by limiting the amount of bitcoins, this could also lead to the supply of bitcoins becoming very low in the future. Surely the demand still needs to be high to hit a new ATH, but maybe the limited quantity will help with that. Either way, I see the limit as a good thing and it's an advantage that hardly any other investment or currency can offer.  Smiley
I think capping the max bitcoin is a very good reason why bitcoin could go higher, but that doesn't mean that anything with a cap goes up neither, so I agree. I mean I can create a token in a minute with just 10 token max supply, would that suddenly mean that 1 token would worth millions? Of course not, we all know that won't happen and that's a terrible decision.

This is why I believe that we should not really be doing something like this at the moment, what I believe however is that if we could get bitcoin higher, then the cap has "something" to do with it. Obviously when you look at ETH and how it is unlimited, that still goes up and we are doing fine about that, which means that it's not the only reason and would never be considered that way at all.

Yes, ETH is an example of this as it has an infinite supply. As I also said, supply is not the deciding factor, but demand determines the value of bitcoin, and we are the creators of that demand. But limited supply combined with high demand will help bitcoin reach its maximum value, and that is also why ETH has a very high value, but it has never surpassed bitcoin.
The combination of these 2 can answer OP's question is bitcoin will still have a new ATH because the demand for bitcoin is still increasing day by day while the supply is limited.
legendary
Activity: 2086
Merit: 1058
April 26, 2023, 01:49:54 PM
No new ATH for Bitcoin means no more ATL for fiat money. That's simply not possible, new Bitcoin ATHs are inevitable. Just give it time.
This is the true approach. Considering that inflation keeps happening, high or low, there is no negative, it is always positive, even if it goes back to old days and we have like %2 inflation, that still means that there is inflation and that still means value of fiat will drop, and in that case we are going to end up with a lot better from the people and the price of bitcoin will go up. That is why I believe that ATH for bitcoin is inevitable as well and it will happen. Can't say if it will be next month or a year or a few years, but it will happen.

This is why it is important to keep investing into bitcoin. If you do that, when the time comes the fiat will lose its value again and a lot, there will be a crisis, like it always happens, and bitcoin price will be huge after that.
Activity: 2002
Merit: 633
Your keys, your responsibility
April 25, 2023, 08:20:21 AM
Occasionally bitcoin will break the cycle, people will always wait for ATH because speculation will continue as long as bitcoin is volatile. Fortunately ATH isnt always close to halving events which indirectly gives many possibility when ATH occurs.
Activity: 2688
Merit: 625
April 25, 2023, 07:31:15 AM
No new ATH for Bitcoin means no more ATL for fiat money. That's simply not possible, new Bitcoin ATHs are inevitable. Just give it time.
We know that people do really have that wildest hopes and assumptions and making out some scenarios or conditions about those what if's without even trying out to think on what are the things which are inevitable.

Some reasons collected so far:

1. "More than 90% of the people in this world has not yet bought bitcoin, do not worry, the adoption is still continuing. You will still see bitcoin at $100000 ane more."
2. "... as long as fiat inflation is still happening (which means a decrease in purchasing power), you can rest assured that assets like Bitcoin will keep going strong."
3. "We might see multiple ATH in the future once fiat explode. Bitcoin is the alternative and safe haven for people to escape inflation."
Actually, sky is the limit. One reason is limited supply; if demand would be continuously increasing and given that there is a limited supply of Bitcoin to be mined, then its market value could continue increasing in the future especially if more people will be fond of using this technology as a mode of payment due to its advantages ovet fiat. However, there is indeed a tendency that its price will not again reach the ATH; if this industry will be abandoned by people or governments of many countries for any possible reason such as prohibition due to not being taxed and such. Since demand is affected by many factors we cannot control what will happen 'coz it is a double edged sword. If we can't control its price going up, then same thing as it falls, bottomline is, demand will be the determinant of its value whether it is going up or down.
Exactly!

We didnt even expect nor anticipate that we would really go this far when it comes to its value.No one really had expected it and this is why we could really say that
price could really be having no limit as long the demand would really be keeping on increasing.Just as said when it comes to supply then its fixed and limited and basing up on the percentage
in overall population on how much or many people had been known about its existence then it would really be just a pecked of dust which we know that
there's still lots of rooms to grow.
Activity: 1643
Merit: 683
LoyceV on the road. Or couch.
April 25, 2023, 05:27:17 AM
Activity: 1036
Merit: 258
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
April 25, 2023, 05:11:36 AM
Looking at the market, with the increase in the price of bitcoin, the price of ethereum is increasing, so we have to wait patiently for BTC to see a new ATH again. Not only bitcoin and ethereum but also altcoins like Ada, BNB, Solana, Dodge, XRP have increased in price the entire cryptocurrency market cap is now around $1.85 trillion. Apart from the first cryptocurrency bitcoin the remaining currencies are called altcoins. The supply and demand of bitcoin remains the same depending on the price of this currency the value of other currencies increases.
Activity: 2968
Merit: 670
www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games
April 25, 2023, 12:03:31 AM
In my opinion, the supply cap is not enough to guarantee that bitcoin will rise in price and hit a new ATH, it is more important about its demand. I mean, even if bitcoin has a limited supply but its demand is not high, people don't value it, it can't go up in price. Supply and demand need to work together, higher demand than supply is enough to trigger higher bitcoin prices in the future. So, whether bitcoin goes up in price and hits a new ATH is entirely up to us.
Sorry for the late reply, but I'm short on time at the moment. Yes I agree with you. Certainly, capping the amount of bitcoins is not the main reason why we will eventually see a new ATH. As you write, supply and demand are the main reasons for a new ATH. But by limiting the amount of bitcoins, this could also lead to the supply of bitcoins becoming very low in the future. Surely the demand still needs to be high to hit a new ATH, but maybe the limited quantity will help with that. Either way, I see the limit as a good thing and it's an advantage that hardly any other investment or currency can offer.  Smiley
I think capping the max bitcoin is a very good reason why bitcoin could go higher, but that doesn't mean that anything with a cap goes up neither, so I agree. I mean I can create a token in a minute with just 10 token max supply, would that suddenly mean that 1 token would worth millions? Of course not, we all know that won't happen and that's a terrible decision.

This is why I believe that we should not really be doing something like this at the moment, what I believe however is that if we could get bitcoin higher, then the cap has "something" to do with it. Obviously when you look at ETH and how it is unlimited, that still goes up and we are doing fine about that, which means that it's not the only reason and would never be considered that way at all.
legendary
Activity: 1988
Merit: 1718
April 24, 2023, 04:21:44 AM
-snip-
legendary
Activity: 2268
Merit: 1011
Be A Digital Miner
April 24, 2023, 03:36:16 AM

Ideally, we all know that this is impossible, and bitcoin will surpass its current ATH. It can be witnessed in previous events and incidents following each cycle of halving. This time it will happen again; this is not a theoretical statement, but a certainty.

I beg to disagree, nothing is certain in this world but changes and death.  So even if the cycle proves that Bitcoin is capable of breaking it ATH, it is not certain until it happen.  So I can say, the possibility of not breaking ATH is always there but we are incline to think that it will surely break ATH because it is what we are hoping for.

I also disagree, although I also expect bitcoin to hit a new ATH, but that's just our hope, we don't have any proof, so we can't say for sure. The chance of bitcoin not hitting ATH is very low, but that doesn't mean it's not likely. The risk of investing in bitcoin is still there, and the future of bitcoin is still uncertain, so we still need a backup plan, don't put all our trust and all our money in bitcoin.

Adoption is expanding every day, and as the need for more purchases increases, we might face some scarcity in its supply (everyone wants to hold and not sell). When demand exceeds available supply, the price will inevitably rise.

True that, in general it is a matter of supply and demand but in more close observation, it isn't just the supply and demand but the many factors that is happening in the world.  Price of Bitcoin is affected by regulation, global economic state, and many more.  Institutional acceptance will be the major factor in the next ATH breaking of BTC, that is what I am thinking.

I am quite confident that the demand for bitcoin will increase over time as fiat and banks show more and more weaknesses and people are slowly realizing things. But the bitcoin price is governed by many factors, and regulation is one of the factors that worries me the most.
legendary
Activity: 2520
Merit: 1721
MrStork Exchange Service
April 23, 2023, 07:52:58 PM
The most probable reason why Bitcoin's new all-time high seems possible is its adoption. We all know that Bitcoin isn't yet known by everyone in the world, and not everyone has invested in it for now, but as adoption increases, there will be more investors probably, and since its supply is limited, the price will increase when there is more demand.

So according to that rule, Bitcoin will probably reach its previous all-time high and go beyond if it manages to gain more popularity and adoption over time. With greater demand and money flowing into Bitcoin, nothing can stop it from achieving that target.
The role and support of the government are also important because without clear regulations there will be no adoption.
To reach the last high point I think it's still very possible even though some adoptions are not running properly.
Large adoption may be quite difficult to do because of unclear regulations.

Bitcoin has been popular since it became a digital currency that gave a big breakthrough in the world economic market.
Many already know about Bitcoin. But some of those who just found out about Bitcoin are reluctant to invest for fear of the risk of loss.
Even though Bitcoin is the main asset that will provide greater returns by holding it for the long term.

The current Bitcoin target is to reach a new ATH and this will be achieved perhaps when the next Halving will occur with a bullish push that will be stronger.
Activity: 1050
Merit: 140
April 23, 2023, 06:55:58 PM
We would be sad? I mean its quite funny to talk about something that we all know won't happen, we all know that it is going to be possible see above ATH and that is why there is really no problem of achieving something like that. So there are too many people who keep on considering that its going to change and suddenly we won't see it? We have seen it for so long so far and I do not think that it will not change anytime soon, if we did it before then we are going to do it again as well. I just don't know the time, like yeah surely its not going to be very soon like this month, but it will "eventually" happen. When we know this, that means we do not have to worry about the future and not fear something like this, just realize that its going to be fine.
The most probable reason why Bitcoin's new all-time high seems possible is its adoption. We all know that Bitcoin isn't yet known by everyone in the world, and not everyone has invested in it for now, but as adoption increases, there will be more investors probably, and since its supply is limited, the price will increase when there is more demand.

So according to that rule, Bitcoin will probably reach its previous all-time high and go beyond if it manages to gain more popularity and adoption over time. With greater demand and money flowing into Bitcoin, nothing can stop it from achieving that target.
Pages:
Jump to: