Pages:
Author

Topic: What if Government bans Bitcoins? - page 4. (Read 6072 times)

Activity: 395
Merit: 10
September 23, 2018, 08:18:30 AM
I don't think it's a ban, if it happens, it will happen in a moment. And if we realize that there is no chance, we will have time to save their coins.
Activity: 336
September 23, 2018, 02:50:12 AM
Looking at the decentralized nature of crypto-currencies,Wonder if govt bans Bitcoins in future??Is it possible let's say by blocking all sites which relate to Bitcoin wallets/payments etc over the internet.In that case what would happen to our existing coins held in those wallets??

government is already running Bitcoins in many countries because they think that all the illegal works are done using Bitcoins only and so that Bitcoin is also illegal as because Bitcoin can't be traced so the government is banning Bitcoins in many countries in fact it's true that all the illegal works are done using between sorry like drug smuggling and in the dark website also everything is done using Bitcoin only.
Activity: 731
Merit: 100
September 23, 2018, 02:46:13 AM
Looking at the decentralized nature of crypto-currencies,Wonder if govt bans Bitcoins in future??Is it possible let's say by blocking all sites which relate to Bitcoin wallets/payments etc over the internet.In that case what would happen to our existing coins held in those wallets??
if the government bans Bitcoin in the future and the assets you have in your wallet are a lot then I think everything will disappear. but we must remain optimistic if the future of Bitcoin will always be bright.
Activity: 826
Merit: 256
September 23, 2018, 02:26:55 AM
There would be a great impact on the price of the cryptocurrencies if majority of the governments bannad bitcoin. China did a couple of years ago but the top coin recovered later and achieved its all-time high last december 2017. I think only few countries would totally ban bitcoin and the rest will put the cryptocurrency into regulations to safeguard their people financially.
Activity: 6
Merit: 0
September 23, 2018, 02:18:50 AM
You never know what a government can do. Sometimes they say that they don’t try to prevent btc. And sometimes that say they will do some regulations etc. But still, i think even governments know they can’t ban it. People will always find a way to buy bitcoin.

Absolutely. I think the only thing they can do is declare that BTC is banned. Providing Bitcoin users are reasonably careful, a government can't neither trace nor prevent BTC transactions. What they can do, however, is they can block the websites of certain exchanges. That's it.
Activity: 14
September 23, 2018, 02:08:06 AM
I don't believe all governments will ban Bitcoin. Even with those governments who already did so, I guess the situation will change sooner or later and they will have to accept it whether they like it or not. I understand that governments don't like when there's something they can't control, but as soon as they understand that ban will only force people to go underground and pay less taxes without the government even knowing it, they may agree to accept it.
Activity: 364
September 23, 2018, 01:56:39 AM
if this happens, all will be holders of coins that can not be sold, and only on decentralized sites and hosting)
Activity: 209
Merit: 1
September 20, 2018, 06:45:11 PM
Bitcoin has been a world wide use currency, and acceptable, which has been function for many yeas now, Hence i think we are going more and more technology world, because bitcoin is a digital asset, where government has no access, but rather to band in a particular country.
Activity: 546
September 20, 2018, 06:41:23 PM
the government will only block the ISP network in the country, and they cannot ban and monitor full business activity on the internet, there will always be loopholes and this can be penetrated with VPN and various other factors, I think this inability will make the government eventually reevaluate and trying to consider it legal in the next few years, if not like this, transactions and all crypto businesses will be free from their monitoring and face huge losses because they are lagging behind in rapidly growing information technology.
Activity: 13
September 20, 2018, 06:29:41 PM
I think bitcoin will not getting ban by the government. Unless USA banned bitcoin and there will be having a domino effect to the other countries. But i think it wouldn't be ban because it is interesting and gives profits to the people which can affects to the economy of one's country.
Activity: 378
September 20, 2018, 06:19:13 PM
I hope most countries are smart enough not to ban bitcoin. It doesn't make any sense. This is a unique currency that must be active applicable.
Activity: 24
September 20, 2018, 06:16:03 PM
As a matter of facts, Bitcoin will not be banned. On the contrary, cryptocurrencies will be accepted worldwide. But for a very high price: governments will regulate and cryptocurrencies will no longer be decentralized.
For free transactions and digital world!!!Bitcoin should accept all over the globe
Activity: 97
September 20, 2018, 06:02:55 PM

Well you could be a complete pussy and let you coins be confiscated and obey your government.  Or you could be a free man and set an example for others to stand up for themselves as well and we can maybe take back our freedom and rights.  Somethings are worth fighting for.  Free money for our future generations is one of them.

Stand up for yourself.
Do not verify who you are at any point and keep crypto privacy in tact.
Do not support centralized projects or projects run by large corporations or governments.
Activity: 602
September 20, 2018, 05:56:12 PM
I just hope it doesn't happen. My country is not very positive about bitcoin, but I know that some politicians, including the President, have investments in bitcoin. So that you can hope for is that the bitcoin on the territory of my country prohibited will not.
Activity: 36
September 20, 2018, 04:36:33 PM
bitcoin should not be banned. some countries are not accept bitcoin yet but in my opinion every country should accept the existence of bitcoin in our life. as it is the revolution in currency as it is intangible. if bitcoin would bans in future it would be a great loss to the believer of technology and revolutionizes. it would be end of creativity.
Activity: 318
September 20, 2018, 04:30:14 PM
I think in the future orders can accept and realize the benefits of bitcoin. And it can be possible that bitcoin will be legalized by the government and also apply tax on bitcoin as a source of income for the country.
Activity: 742
Merit: 103
September 20, 2018, 12:46:18 PM
To prohibit bitcoin, you need to have effective tools with which you can effectively suppress its use. But no one has invented such tools yet.
Activity: 350
Merit: 107
September 20, 2018, 12:24:40 PM
Banning bitcoin and all other cryptocurrency is impossible to happen now considering how big is it’s worldwide adoption and popularity. The least the government could do in case are to provide additional fees and to provide regulations and some safety measures to protect the welfare of the investors. The only way to solve the issue between crypto industry and government is acceptance. I strongly believe blockchain technology is the future and further enhance our existing monetary system.
Activity: 17
September 20, 2018, 09:06:10 AM
It is true that some countries do ban bitcoin due to fear of financial harm and the idea of cryptocurrency overtaking banks, but then there is profit and convinience in bitcoin so the government can't completely ban bitcoin. Also, people are very strong willed, they will do whatever it takes to earn and gain profit. The government can't stop its citizens too easily. Moreover, it is already stated that bitcoin is not under any government or private sector, so they technically can't touch it with ease.
Activity: 84
September 18, 2018, 08:38:43 PM
the possibility of occurring like that is very small, seeing the effect that will be caused must be extraordinary, there will be economic chaos everywhere, so even if the government closes or blocks it, it is only local in a country, because bitcoin is global so need discussion between countries in the world about the profit and loss of blocking bitcoin, so the community of bitcoin owners don't have to worry because such a thing is likely to occur very small.
Pages:
Jump to: