Pages:
Author

Topic: What if someone forgot the key to their bitcoin wallet ? - page 14. (Read 1915 times)

Activity: 21
Merit: 0
Its always good to save key on paper or hardware device. If thts lost cannot be recovered.
Activity: 625
Merit: 100
What are the measures to keep your private key safe and in memory ? Are there any alternatives to retrieve the key back ?

Trusting your memory is very good, but not at this point, cause things written as your private key (letters, numbers upper and lower cases) can be confusing sometimes. The best thing to do, is, print it on a hard copy and store it in a place where only you can have access to. Making space for backup is very vital to avoid loss of money due to carelessness.
Activity: 1148
Merit: 504
What are the measures to keep your private key safe and in memory ? Are there any alternatives to retrieve the key back ?
Once the private keys forgot or being misplaced, all your crypto earnings there will be useless sinced there is no chance to recover it. So it is very recommended to put this in a safe place that can be easily to remember.
when you lose your password, private key, backup wallet, then everything will be lost. I've experienced it when I use blockchain I lost it all and I can not do recover, I started to learn to be careful at the moment, do a backup wallet, keep a private key in a safe place, and share your coin in many place wallet or other exchange
Activity: 238
Merit: 10
Always take care of your private key, have a notepad to place and keep it and also have a copy in your flash drive, don't show or give it to anyone, be alert.
Activity: 162
I write it down on my notes so if my phones are corrupted or not working i can still access it on other gadget.
Activity: 308
Merit: 1
Once the private keys forgot or being misplaced, all your crypto earnings there will be useless sinced there is no chance to recover it. So it is very recommended to put this in a safe place that can be easily to remember.
Activity: 420
Merit: 10
“Tackling Climate Change Using Blockchain”
Back in the old times there are no high tech devices to hide or keep information. But they manage to keep things like treasures safe with some codes of their own printed or carved in stones and other materials for them to recall when it is needed. Just think of how they even manage to hide it? Is it not possible to do it today? You can mask your keys with a different code or change some letters on it that you only knew. You can even put the whole thing printed on paper and posted on your wall yet the wrong key with edited portions. Or may just use an offline computer or cellphone and hide it only you will ever know. Never put it online. And leave it just as a storage. Usb flashdrives are not good since it is oftentimes the medium for spreading virus that could hack information. There are so many ways only you will know.
Activity: 129
the private key is everything for bitcoin wallet we should keep the private key in safe if we lost private key then we will lose all the bitcoins
Activity: 518
Merit: 11
I don't know if there are a chance to retrieve the password, but one of the nice way that I think can help to secure your private key is that you can upload it to your email or save it in many hard drive and also print a copy that you can save your files too.
Activity: 234
Keeping it in memory is not very effective, I cannot imagine comiting the long streams of alpha-numerical to memory.If one loses his keys,he loses the wallet and the funds in the wallet too
Activity: 924
Merit: 12
Every wallet have its own sucuruty system so you maybe find some wallets allow you to restore your key when you forget it like the back-up phrase
Activity: 938
Merit: 501
If we forget the private key to Bitcoin's wallet, unfortunately we will have to forget our Bitcoins. The best thing to avoid this sad event is to make a few backups, use paper and flash memory, and to keep them very well.
Activity: 335
Merit: 250
DECENTRALIZED CLOUD SERVICES
Save it to your facebook messenger or in microsoft word or any application that can save documents so that you always have back up in case of emergency lost.
Activity: 1123
Merit: 253

I cannot be sure about private key retrieval. Perhaps if there is such a thing, our wallets would never be as safe. Well, perhaps if someone here is an expert hacker, he might give you something helpful. But as far as my basic knowledge is concerned, a lost private key simply means a lost access to your wallet. That is why I am always recommending a primitive way of saving private keys, through pen and paper.
Activity: 854
Merit: 281
Among the options I'd recommend are keeping your private key in a safe deposit box in a bank and using a hardware wallet for security. The hardware wallet will thus encrypt the provate key, preventing even the compromising of a computer from affecting one's bitcoin.
Activity: 448
Merit: 17
if you really forget your key, then it's over
all your assets will be frozen and will not be sent
I highly recommend to backup all your assets, to stay safe and to avoid negative things
Activity: 48
Merit: 1
The World’s First Blockchain Core
In case you lose your private key, you can use backup words to get back.  If you don't get it and if you lose the password, you have no other way to get it back.
MMA
legendary
Activity: 1134
Merit: 1000
You can write a paper and hide it carefully. You can create a file to save on google driver or send to your mail. If you lost it, you can not get it back.
Yes it is too much important that you must have a backup or your wallet key, because if you will lose your wallet key i do not think that there is any way to recover it, and you will lose your bitcoin forever. I have already lost some amount of bitcoin by losing my bitcoin wallet key. I tried my best to find a way to get access to my wallet but not succeeded, and therefore after that i am now too much careful about my wallet key having backup for that and kept it in a safe place.
Activity: 108
You can write a paper and hide it carefully. You can create a file to save on google driver or send to your mail. If you lost it, you can not get it back.
Activity: 812
Merit: 262
I think there is no more ways to recover it unless it has a back up like an email or number that can possible to change your password but if there is none sadly but your bitcoin will be stuck on it and will never be used. Thats why we really need to keep our private keys safe.
Pages:
Jump to: