Pages:
Author

Topic: What is Debt? - page 2. (Read 6583 times)

copper member
Activity: 141
Merit: 1
API-Based Smart Contract Solution For Exch Hacking
August 30, 2018, 10:29:46 PM
Interesting article, not one of those you brush away. l had to store so l can read again, interesting to know the origins of debt.
Activity: 266
Merit: 10
August 30, 2018, 06:27:29 PM
I found this an interesting interview about the history of money and debt.
 Check it out.

What is Debt? – An Interview with Economic Anthropologist David Graeber

David Graeber currently holds the position of Reader in Social Anthropology at Goldsmiths University London. Prior to this he was an associate professor of anthropology at Yale University. He is the author of ‘Debt: The First 5,000 Years’ which is available from Amazon.

Interview conducted by Philip Pilkington, a journalist and writer based in Dublin, Ireland.

Philip Pilkington: Let’s begin. Most economists claim that money was invented to replace the barter system. But you’ve found something quite different, am I correct?

David Graeber: Yes there’s a standard story we’re all taught, a ‘once upon a time’ — it’s a fairy tale.
Debt is things that we asked when you are need help in able to sustain and give a daily needs . Debt also consider as a payments that we are able to pay because its is needed as you borrowed money or any thing in other persons or such campanies in a reasonable thing. Many of it has a percentage of debt as an a profit for the people whose given the money to the borrowers.
Activity: 462
Merit: 100
ANONYMOUS MOBILE PAYMENTS
August 30, 2018, 06:11:29 PM
I found myself overwhelmed by the information in this article. But after digesting the information, i fond myself knowing more that i did before. I think i learned more about debt and finance now than i did a few minutes ago.
Activity: 83
Merit: 0
August 30, 2018, 11:41:32 AM
Another important feature in debt financing is that the loan is secured or collateralized with the assets of the company taking the loan. This is usually part of the secured loan. If the loan is unsecured, the line of credit is usually less.

I remember we were taught this at school and
Barter trade associations use it to promote themselves.
I read it last night when I had a fever but the first part I read was very interesting, especially the part about bartering that came before money became a fairy tale.
Activity: 307
Merit: 101
WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN
August 30, 2018, 09:45:04 AM
Debt, generally, can be seen as all of the money owed or borrowed by a person to another persom that is agreed to be paid in a given time with an interest to be paid of. This process is normal here in our place. There are some people who are depending in borrowing money to other. I always believe that this practice isn't a good thing to do or not a good thing to become a habit. We should not be contented that we can have money, let's aim for something that we wouldn't borrow money again.
Activity: 196
August 30, 2018, 09:12:18 AM
Interesting article, Anthropologist gives the subject a new twist.we now live in a debt-driven economy I would say, if everyone pays their debt, the money will disappear.
Activity: 336
August 30, 2018, 09:09:17 AM
Just a huge article, I could not fully get acquainted with it. But to admit those thoughts and ideas that he can tell us.
Activity: 56
August 17, 2018, 07:40:10 AM
 Check it out.

David Graeber currently holds the position of Reader in Social Anthropology at Goldsmiths University London. Prior to this he was an associate professor of anthropology at Yale University. He is the author of ‘Debt: The First 5,000 Years’ which is available from Amazon.

Interview conducted by Philip Pilkington, a journalist and writer based in Dublin, Ireland.

Philip Pilkington: Let’s begin. Most economists claim that money was invented to replace the barter system. But you’ve found something quite different, am I correct?

David Graeber: Yes there’s a standard story we’re all taught, a ‘once upon a time’ — it’s a fairy tale.
very well said, thanks for this article which give me some insights about the history of money and debt.
Activity: 56
August 17, 2018, 07:04:08 AM
Debt is when you pleasing a person or a company to give you some money or a thing and when you receive it  the owner is giving you a due date to pay it off . It is also all about when you have nothing at all, like for instance money.
Activity: 266
June 17, 2018, 01:07:56 PM
It is the borrower's obligation to return the money, shares or other valuables, taken for the certain period of time. Often, it is necessary to return not only the amount taken from the creditor, but also the remuneration, on whose terms the loan was made
Activity: 606
Merit: 108
June 17, 2018, 12:27:34 PM
To me, the debt is like an agreement agreed between the borrower and the owner of the money, so the borrower must have an obligation to return the money or goods at any due date what the owner gave when borrowing
Activity: 336
June 17, 2018, 11:43:04 AM
 Check it out.

It is funny how we think that people are destined to have a debt omve in their lifetime. But behind those debts may be, grows a successful one right?
Activity: 140
June 17, 2018, 11:18:20 AM
Debt is any money owed to an individual, company, or other organization. One acquires debt when one borrows money. Debts arise when individuals, etc., spend more than their current income or when they deliberately plan to borrow money to purchase specific goods, services or ASSETS (houses, financial securities, etc.). Debt contracts provide for the eventual repayment of the sum borrowed and include INTEREST charges for the duration of the loan.
Activity: 238
Merit: 1
https://i.imgur.com/iwknjIj.png
June 16, 2018, 07:05:45 AM
 Check it out.

DEBT is a sum of money that owed to somebody or bank or company that has due, It is indeed a Financial obligation to pay in a specific date depending on what you agreed upon. that for me is debt. And i also like what the article is all about that debt came before fiat money itself due to bartering in the century.
legendary
Activity: 2100
Merit: 1058
June 16, 2018, 06:37:32 AM
Debt is an obligation or obligation to pay money, send goods, or provide services based on an express or implied agreement. The debtor is a debtor or debtor-or: a debtor, a debtor, a creditor or a lender. Debt can be secured with other assets of the entity, which will become the property of the lender if the entity can not repay the debt. Or, the debt may be unsafe. Debt can also be guaranteed by a third party, such as the owner or parent company.
Simply is, if you have got some money lend from some other person, you are debtor and that amount to be paid is debt. It is mandatory for everyone to pay his debt before time or with in time limit because if it isn’t so, you might be able to lose your trust and can be in danger situations. This is a simple definition, I am just astonished why people are making it complex.
Activity: 103
June 14, 2018, 02:16:14 AM
I think the debt is something we borrow or loan. maybe hehehe. . .
Activity: 453
Merit: 100
June 13, 2018, 03:52:08 PM
Debt is an obligation or obligation to pay money, send goods, or provide services based on an express or implied agreement. The debtor is a debtor or debtor-or: a debtor, a debtor, a creditor or a lender. Debt can be secured with other assets of the entity, which will become the property of the lender if the entity can not repay the debt. Or, the debt may be unsafe. Debt can also be guaranteed by a third party, such as the owner or parent company.
Indeed, it is something that we should not tolerate, or that we should not practice since debt is the worst decision that we will make in our life. For me, we should always save money so it won't happen to us.
Activity: 31
June 13, 2018, 03:44:18 PM
Activity: 126
June 12, 2018, 11:24:10 AM
Debt is a term commonly used in the event of a repayment or compensation of property or material. However, debt can also be used to refer to other obligations. In the case of property owed, a debt is a way of using your purchasing power before you get enough money to pay for it, like I owe it to you, then I have an obligation to pay it for you.
Activity: 179
June 12, 2018, 11:20:44 AM
This article approve that we are all doing something but in some ways it is not correct, follow your own opinion and be patient
Pages:
Jump to: