Pages:
Author

Topic: What is Debt? - page 3. (Read 6583 times)

Activity: 240
Merit: 0
June 12, 2018, 01:25:25 AM
Another important feature in debt financing is that the loan is secured or collateralized with the assets of the company taking the loan. This is usually part of the secured loan. If the loan is unsecured, the line of credit is usually less.

Debt is borrowing money to a person or a private bank. It has advantages and disadvantages. Its advantage is it can help you if you have projects to finish such as making a house, etc, it can help also in emergency payments. The disadvantage is that it is a long years payment which makes your salary low.
Debt can be good if you used it to put up for a business. Although you will be paying for a long period of time,  yet,  you are also earning from your business. So it is wiser to to budget well our finances to prevent  from having debt.  That is why most of us here get involved in crypto to pay for our debts.
Activity: 238
June 12, 2018, 12:50:48 AM
Loan ispoverty reduction for Bank or NGOS from financial loan of poverty  reduction it loan to. People lack in order to remove the loan is or any necessary loan of remains.Peopledifferent she does manage difficulty after debt with is.
Activity: 154
June 12, 2018, 12:40:08 AM
I recently had the good fortune of reading this article regarding the history of money and debt. It was well-written and as you read further you get interesting about the facts of the history of money and debt. Who would have thought that debt existed before money?
Activity: 91
June 12, 2018, 12:30:34 AM
For me, Debt means the amount of money which needs to be repaid back and financing means providing funds to be used in business activities. An important feature in debt financing is the fact that you are not losing ownership in the company.
Debt financing is a time-bound activity where the borrower needs to repay the loan along with interest at the end of the agreed period. The payments could be made monthly, half yearly, or towards the end of the loan tenure. Another important feature in debt financing is that the loan is secured or collateralized with the assets of the company taking the loan. This is usually part of the secured loan. If the loan is unsecured, the line of credit is usually less.
Activity: 406
Merit: 250
June 11, 2018, 02:35:44 PM
in the simple sense debt is obligatory. something borrowed by a person or business entity and must be paid at a specified time on the agreement of both parties

of course, the agreement must be secured by paper or any other form of guarantee. If only through the conversation, its binding will be lost.
Activity: 72
June 11, 2018, 02:32:55 PM
in the simple sense debt is obligatory. something borrowed by a person or business entity and must be paid at a specified time on the agreement of both parties
Activity: 196
June 10, 2018, 03:00:08 PM
Referrals are the means of refunding the loan. Clearly, debt is such a duty that must be fulfilled. There is a special promise to provide it.
Activity: 476
Merit: 11
March 25, 2018, 12:14:23 AM
Another important feature in debt financing is that the loan is secured or collateralized with the assets of the company taking the loan. This is usually part of the secured loan. If the loan is unsecured, the line of credit is usually less.

Debt is borrowing money to a person or a private bank. It has advantages and disadvantages. Its advantage is it can help you if you have projects to finish such as making a house, etc, it can help also in emergency payments. The disadvantage is that it is a long years payment which makes your salary low.
Activity: 350
Merit: 2
March 25, 2018, 12:04:11 AM
I found this an interesting interview about the history of money and debt.
 Check it out.

What is Debt? – An Interview with Economic Anthropologist David Graeber

David Graeber currently holds the position of Reader in Social Anthropology at Goldsmiths University London. Prior to this he was an associate professor of anthropology at Yale University. He is the author of ‘Debt: The First 5,000 Years’ which is available from Amazon.

Interview conducted by Philip Pilkington, a journalist and writer based in Dublin, Ireland.

Philip Pilkington: Let’s begin. Most economists claim that money was invented to replace the barter system. But you’ve found something quite different, am I correct?

David Graeber: Yes there’s a standard story we’re all taught, a ‘once upon a time’ — it’s a fairy tale.
Debt is amount of money borrowed by one party from another. Debt is used by many corporations and individuals as a method of making large purchases that they could not afford under normal circumstances.
Activity: 257
Merit: 100
March 24, 2018, 11:47:43 PM
 Debt is an amount of money owned by one party or else an amount owed for funds borrowed, The Dept presented the Loan note, Bond, mortgage and other form stating repayment terms Of principal and interest .
Activity: 57
March 19, 2018, 04:44:35 AM
Activity: 854
Merit: 140
March 19, 2018, 04:34:44 AM
Why people quoting and answering some topic from 6 years past? Its created 2011 and i dont even think the OP still active until now, is this a new way to bringing up old topic to live or just spamming? Huh Huh
Activity: 69
March 19, 2018, 04:33:44 AM
Debt financing is an expensive way of raising funds, because the company has to involve an investment banker who will structure big loans in a systematic way. It is a viable option when interest costs are low and the returns are better.
Activity: 184
March 19, 2018, 04:26:27 AM
Debt is a duty or obligation to pay money, deliver goods, or render service under an express or implied agreement. One who owes, is a debtor or debitor; one to whom it is owed, is a debtee, creditor, or lender. Debt can be represented by a loan note, bond, mortgage or other form stating repayment terms and, if applicable, interest requirements.
Activity: 276
Merit: 11
March 19, 2018, 04:10:16 AM
Debt is something that must be paid either money or whatever. What is clear debt is a duty that must be met. Which begins with the promise to pay or fulfill it even in the heart.
Activity: 328
Merit: 39
March 11, 2018, 04:13:33 PM
Very interesting article. We are in a society based on debt. It seems that everyone is in debt. People are in debt. Banks are in debt. Government are in debt.
I'm not talking about third world countries, I'm talking about America, Germany, China...
They are all in debt, their public debt is bigger than their gross domestic product.
So, this pose an interesting question:

if everyone is in debt, to whom are we debtors?

Think carefully...
Activity: 322
Merit: 20
March 11, 2018, 03:46:03 PM
I know a bit about debt because I had a hard time paying one long time ago. Nothing really dangerous happened, but I think I will stay out of debt for the rest of my life, as I like to sleep well.
Activity: 276
Merit: 23
March 11, 2018, 03:28:09 PM
I found this an interesting interview about the history of money and debt.
 Check it out.

What is Debt? – An Interview with Economic Anthropologist David Graeber

David Graeber currently holds the position of Reader in Social Anthropology at Goldsmiths University London. Prior to this he was an associate professor of anthropology at Yale University. He is the author of ‘Debt: The First 5,000 Years’ which is available from Amazon.

Interview conducted by Philip Pilkington, a journalist and writer based in Dublin, Ireland.

Philip Pilkington: Let’s begin. Most economists claim that money was invented to replace the barter system. But you’ve found something quite different, am I correct?

David Graeber: Yes there’s a standard story we’re all taught, a ‘once upon a time’ — it’s a fairy tale.

I think that you can use debt to make better profits but is like a bet, you can double the benefit but you also double the risk. I would rather stay out of it frankly.
Activity: 1736
Merit: 121
March 11, 2018, 02:20:16 PM
Debt is designed to ruin your life and not to help you, it can ruin your financial status and also your family. As long as you don’t need much the money don’t borrow, or else you will suffer in the long run.

Grin Sometimes people who borrow have no choice. I don't people desire to go borrowing but when circumstances is beyond their control, they fall for the temptation. Do you also know that 70% of people who borrow desire to pay back but are unable to meet up. Borrowing is not really devilish if you do it for investment. 
Activity: 644
Merit: 259
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
March 11, 2018, 01:41:09 PM
Thanks for posting this excellent article, it was really interesting to read. When a company borrows money to be paid back at a future date with interest it is known as debt financing. To be simple debt is an amount of money borrowed by one party from another.
I believe that this is the exact way that the Glazers were able to purchase Manchester United in the first place, they didn't have the money outright but they borrowed and bought and now they are using the club to payback the money they initially borrowed.
Pages:
Jump to: