Pages:
Author

Topic: What is ICO ? - page 2. (Read 2644 times)

Activity: 896
Merit: 520
September 25, 2017, 09:56:21 AM
Initial Coin Offering - a scammy distribution model, stay away!
Why do you think so, huh? Tell me know what you think.
thats not true at all. indeed there is lot of scam but there is a lot real ico who looking to fund for their project. so dont just judge like that

If you fine to identify the pretty decent ICO which can be grow longer than with the greater marketplace value in future. You have to buy the token sale of any ICO which gives extra percentage of amount which is worth more 50% or even more. If you do proper research you will be able to find the good ICO.
Activity: 728
Merit: 101
The Standard Protocol - Solving Inflation
September 25, 2017, 09:46:57 AM
Initial Coin Offering - a scammy distribution model, stay away!
Why do you think so, huh? Tell me know what you think.
thats not true at all. indeed there is lot of scam but there is a lot real ico who looking to fund for their project. so dont just judge like that
Activity: 1400
Merit: 269
September 24, 2017, 06:46:36 PM
ICO means initial coin offerings you buy new tokens of in low price it is like crowdfunding early investors can invest their money hoping it to be successful once the ICO closed. The new project/token can get started and the value of it depends on the investors.

You can read it's whitepaper to track its progress.
legendary
Activity: 1092
Merit: 1001
September 24, 2017, 06:43:14 PM
WTF the four pages of this thread is plenty of posts that are SAYING THE SAME, everybody is saying "ICO means initial coin offering" Wow... i didnt know that you all needed to say it 2000 times for it to be clear.. What is happening in this forum? because i dont understand it. Maybe if i open a thread asking something then i would have 1000 replies saying exactly the same?
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
September 24, 2017, 06:37:30 PM
ICO = Initial Coin Offering, is an investment on Project that has not yet started and it will start as soon as the ICO is closed. The vision will be in accordance with how many Tokens will be sold. Most WhitePapers show the stages and/or phases of the ICO that i.e if they receive this ammount of USD they will do A & B.

If the ICO succeeds and if the vision becomes implemented then there is a good return of investment.
Activity: 22
Merit: 0
September 23, 2017, 02:37:53 AM
 Ico is the good chance to buy coins for low rate .if you join this type of campaign then you will get coin from ICO.  In an ICO campaign, a percentage of the cryptocurrency is sold to early backers of the project in exchange for legal tender or other cryptocurrencies, but usually for Bitcoin.
Activity: 56
September 23, 2017, 02:20:05 AM
Initial coin offering (ICO) is an unregulated means of crowdfunding via use of cryptocurrency, which can be a source of capital for startup companies. In an ICO a percentage of the newly issued cryptocurrency is sold to investors in exchange for legal tender or other cryptocurrencies such as Bitcoin.
Activity: 742
Merit: 250
SURVIVE | P2E
September 23, 2017, 12:57:04 AM
Help me to understand what is ICO ..?

This is also my question to my friend, He just say that ICO means Initial Coin Offering. He explain to me that this is what people call to the project who wants to start their project in the cryptocurrency.
Activity: 406
Merit: 100
September 22, 2017, 06:34:52 AM
Initial Coin Offering (ICO) is the revolutionary funding way that allows new technologies to collect fund with giving a special offer who are interested to invest their ico peoject.
Activity: 504
Merit: 102
September 22, 2017, 06:03:48 AM
Initial Coin Offering (ICO) ? It is the percentage of the cryptocurrency that is newly issued and sold to the investors in other cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin, Waves, Litecoin and Ethereum. ICO is usually sold to the investor in Bitcoin.
You are right somehow or we can say that you are right but i would prefer a single sentence which i will to add. ICO is crowd funding from people sale your token on people and it is place to invest to get double.
Activity: 42
September 21, 2017, 08:44:23 AM
ICO (Initial Coin Offering) is a popular form of calling for investment in cryptocurrency projects. Each coin developer ICO will create an event and in the crypto project it will sell a portion of its tokens to interested investors in return for funding to fund that cryptocurrency project. and future development. Most ICOs accept payment by Bitcoin or Ethereum.

The ICO usually takes place before the project is completed and helps finance the founding team's costs until the project starts. For some larger projects, part of the cost of ICO goes into building a foundation and providing ongoing support to the project. They also worked as an initial distribution model for token cryptocurrency, especially cryptocurrency using proof of stake of the consensus algorithm.
 you can search gg for understanding clean Wink)
Activity: 56
September 21, 2017, 08:23:44 AM
actually ICO (Initial Coin Offering) is a new way to get investors or raise funds, if the old way by selling shares, ICO offers their coins which can then be traded in certain exchanges

ICO is one of models to do crowdfunding when participants of a project make investments into the company development and growth NOW in order to receive certain benefits IN FUTURE.

It could be the release of tokens designated to pay for platform services in prospect in the form of cryptocurrency. For example, when a project issues its own "currency" and exchanges it into one of the most popular cryptocurrencies or even the paper money, the ICO project could provide itself with needed funds and keep going to develop and grow.
Activity: 490
September 21, 2017, 08:12:34 AM

ICO Means Initial Coin Offer   when ever a new coin comes to the market they have many option from which  one is ICO

Activity: 372
CPLAY Network
September 21, 2017, 05:28:43 AM
actually ICO (Initial Coin Offering) is a new way to get investors or raise funds, if the old way by selling shares, ICO offers their coins which can then be traded in certain exchanges
Activity: 244
Merit: 102
September 21, 2017, 04:26:18 AM
A definition is hard to come by, but the most precise one around is “An unregulated mean by which capital is raised for a new cryptocurrency venture. It is used by startups to bypass the conventional fund raising process (such as venture capitalists or banks). In an ICO campaign, a percentage of the cryptocurrency is sold to early backers of the currency in exchange for legal tender or another cryptocurrency (usually BitCoin or Ethereum)

In the most simple terms a initial coin offering is in between an initial public offering (IPO) and Crowdfunding.
Activity: 124
September 21, 2017, 02:16:52 AM
Initial Coin Offering (ICO) ? It is the percentage of the cryptocurrency that is newly issued and sold to the investors in other cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin, Waves, Litecoin and Ethereum. ICO is usually sold to the investor in Bitcoin.
Activity: 15
August 14, 2017, 09:52:30 PM
One of the first uses of the ICO's documentation for the cryptocurrency project was Mastercoin, which was supported by the community on the Bitcoin Forum. Mastercoin is a meta-protocol on top of blockchain. Bitcoin provides additional features that the basic bitcoin class can not do. The ICO will be available in mid-2013. Mastercoin (MSC) has launched over 5000 Bitcoins (BTCs) at a rate of 100 MSC per BTC and sent to "Exodus addresses" during the ICO period.
Activity: 45
August 14, 2017, 09:48:45 PM
ICO (Initial Coin Offerings) - a form of legal capital mobilization by start-up companies - has become a popular financing method for cryptocurrency projects. Today, each ICO is an event in which each new cryptocurrency project will sell a portion of Cryptocurrency shares in the form of tokens to first-time clients and venture capitalists in exchange for money. The ICO will provide a way for the cryptocurrency project creators to make money for their operations. Most ICO earn money by Bitcoin or other Cryptocurrency.
Activity: 1050
Merit: 529
Student Coin
August 09, 2017, 03:25:53 AM
Initial coin offering this is were they will have a project of a coin were they were raised a fund for there coin thought the sale or crowdsale of there coin to get funds a lot of people invest in ICO because it can be a big money if the coin pumphe market as we know you can buy the token in a lower price though ICO.
I think by searching in the internet you can easily understand what is ICO, it's a very popular term that is use whenever there is a
crowdsale that is happening and personally I have participated in a lot of ICOs which brings me profit as of now.
Activity: 87
August 09, 2017, 02:18:44 AM
I think it has been said enough already on what is ICO, if you want to dig deeper and figure out what are different models and mechanics of ico, please take a look here:
https://medium.com/@StorifierCo/untangling-the-ico-mechanics-9e8976641457

Pages:
Jump to: