Pages:
Author

Topic: What is money line?? - page 2. (Read 1889 times)

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000
May 28, 2015, 12:27:59 PM
What is Money Line?

This is a type of betting line which lays out the amount a player must wager in order to win $100.00, or the amount the player wins on a wager of $100.00. There is no point spread or handicap in this line.  In order to win a moneyline bet, the team wagered on simply has to win the game. Payoffs are based on true odds rather than fixed odds. The amount the player lays or takes may vary from game to game.

NFL games are popular moneyline games because the specific outcomes can sometimes be difficult to predict for casual players.  Moneyline games are also profitable when they win, which is one reason why the NFL is a favorite among sports gamblers.  An example of a money line is: New York Giants (-120) vs. New Orleans Saints (+130).  In this game, a bet of $120 on the Giants is necessary to win $100, while a bet of $100 would win $130 in the case of a Saints win.  The team with the minus sign is the favorite and indicates how much a player must put down in order to win $100.  The team with the plus sign is the underdog and indicates how much a player would win for a bet of $100.
Activity: 322
Merit: 250
May 28, 2015, 12:23:05 PM
Here you go:

http://sportsgambling.about.com/od/basketball/a/basichoops.htm

I am not banned from google so I was able to find this link.  If you need more I can search again, there are plenty of resources.  You could also try Bing if you are feeling adventurous.  Stay away for Yahoo though.  They are always trying to install a toolbar on me.
Activity: 14
Merit: 0
May 28, 2015, 12:12:16 PM
what is meaning of 1st half money line in basket ball??
what is first half under 1 , 0.75 ,0.5 in football??

please explain me..dont give me links of sites to refer just explain in easy way..
thank you..
Pages:
Jump to: