Pages:
Author

Topic: What is School for? - page 5. (Read 1687 times)

Activity: 37
Merit: 0
October 18, 2018, 11:17:46 PM
To get you ready for your slave career.

Pretty much this. Took me six years to pay off my student loans just to be a cog in the machine. Took the red pill on society four years ago and haven't looked back since.

First took note of this in 2011 when my senior teachers decided to embarrass me in front of my students because I was teaching them how to save their money. The teachers know they're setting their students up to be slaves and they don't want anything to get in the way of their progress. It's sick.
Activity: 60
Merit: 1
October 12, 2018, 11:45:44 PM
School is very important especially for children. It is a place to acquire basic knowledge that prepares for the future. A good school helps a child develop around. Most schools this days even encourage talents and skills in students. It is a good place to start off in life.
Activity: 79
October 14, 2018, 05:37:43 AM
School, if nothing else, is designed to set you up with life skills and productive behaviors to ensure a successful future. Yes, it is also there to teach you academia BUT some people just aren't hardwired to sit in a classroom, which is where schools fall down
Activity: 448
Merit: 232
October 18, 2018, 02:32:34 PM
I see the role of school, above all, in providing conditions for socialization during the educational and working process. Students are in a team, they learn to perform the assigned tasks not only individually, but also in conjunction, they are collectively responsible for the project that was made together. School provides an opportunity to build and develop the first social ties, it demonstrates the diversity of social roles and prepares kids for a shared future in the human community.
Activity: 966
Merit: 550
October 12, 2018, 11:05:22 AM
to brainwash the young with the beliefs of the rich
Hahahahahha
Activity: 18
October 18, 2018, 10:00:48 AM
Everything we return to each owner. The purpose of going to school must be completely corrected. To search for SCIENCE, not VALUE. I have watched a film from India that illustrates this, the title is 3 Idiots. The film tells of a very intelligent child who goes to school and college with the aim of seeking knowledge. He did not aim for a diploma, he also did not insist on graduating with good grades (even though he finally graduated with the best grades). When he graduated, he got his diploma and the best student degree for someone else. He only sought knowledge, and in the end he did become a scientist, becoming an inventor. Which of course proves that he has succeeded in becoming a human being useful for his nation and country. Without a diploma! Without the title of the best student! Starting from nobody, but being known for their potential and knowledge. Not because of his degree.

Activity: 26
October 14, 2018, 04:15:23 AM
school is being now just a trend of business . more concentration on money grabbing than education. there should be friendly and freely education in schools. focus must on student development including moral and ethical education.
brand new
Activity: 0
October 16, 2018, 06:34:26 AM
School is a place to practice socialization skills. It should be a safe place for people to learn, to fail, and make mistakes. You go to school so that one day, you can be a valuable member of the society. However, the system is very outdated. They teach kids how to comply, instead of teaching them how to think on their feet. Just enjoy the late nights, the stress, and frustration. It will be over soon. 
Activity: 140
Merit: 1
October 18, 2018, 09:10:00 AM
School is place where children and adult are educated, school will give you sound knowledge, school will teach you on how to behave in the society, you will be prepared from basics to university level where you will acquire more knowledge.

Activity: 63
October 12, 2018, 08:46:01 AM
The school is one of the institutions of formal education as a teaching-learning activities that become the foundation of the expectations of parents, society and government for the school provide educational services, teaching and training to acquire the knowledge, skills and affective (values and attitudes) for students.
Activity: 1
October 13, 2018, 03:08:51 PM
The school in our communist country taught us to worship a leader.
copper member
Activity: 224
Merit: 14
October 16, 2018, 08:01:30 AM
I think that the time of the traditional school system is over. I recently watched a video material about schools in Finlad. I was thrilled at how incredible their system is.For example younger students don't get evaluated and they are able to use smartphones in class but only for educational purposes. Gouverments have a lot to learn from their collegue from Finland.

a nephew of mine goes to a school where they have no pen and paper everything is done on iPads, as a educational experiment.. I member being of an age my school decided to experiment stop teaching us the parrot fashion times table.. and gave as all calculators as they predicted that they would be cheap enough and good enough in the future to not need to teach basic maths.. after my generation were schooled with calculators they moved back to the old traditional forms. Im pretty sure.. this iPad experiment at my nephews school will quietly die and be brushed under the carpet as a mistake.
Activity: 373
Merit: 100
October 11, 2018, 07:50:44 PM
School is were you can actually learn other things that can help you how to deal in your future life. Graduating in a school is very important because of what degree you have achieved and it may easily find you a decent/better job.
Activity: 7
October 16, 2018, 07:56:32 AM
I think that the time of the traditional school system is over. I recently watched a video material about schools in Finlad. I was thrilled at how incredible their system is.For example younger students don't get evaluated and they are able to use smartphones in class but only for educational purposes. Gouverments have a lot to learn from their collegue from Finland.
copper member
Activity: 224
Merit: 14
October 16, 2018, 07:35:17 AM
I believe schools have for the most part been used a way to educate us about the importance of hierarchy, to not cheat, and to bow down to our superiors. Although anybody who has generally gotten ahead has been thru cheating, and manipulating the system to their own benefit. Our role models in government and politics show us the corruption and manipulation at the very top.

But I believe schools or at least higher educational institutions will be changing.

I remember when my university once were paid by a consortium to find solutions to academic reforms, and were tasked with writing a paper on ways which the higher education system should be reshaped. One of the suggestions was that big corporations would play more of an active role in education, for example you would be graduating in the future from the universities of big corporations for example McDonalds, IBM, BurgerKing, IKEA  which would promise a job after graduation and dependant on your aptitude and skill set, would determine where you sat within the company structure from frying burgers to sitting in corporate. The programmes appeal for the sponsors would be that there would be a lack of transferable skills.. once you attend big corp university, it wouldn't be easy to migrate to other big corporations. The only plus side to this proposed educational system would be would be FREE.

How do you guys feel about that?
legendary
Activity: 2800
Merit: 2472
https://JetCash.com
October 14, 2018, 05:11:16 AM
School is a place for students to study propaganda. Early indoctrination prevents them from falling victims to truth, historical facts, and real scientific research.
Activity: 20
October 07, 2018, 08:38:06 AM
In some cases school can help to get good work position, plus wages. And also you do not need to pick vegetables or clean toilets.  Wink
copper member
Activity: 2870
Merit: 1279
https://linktr.ee/crwthopia
October 13, 2018, 12:55:00 AM
This is an excellent topic to tackle since there are a lot of questions now surrounding the world with what to do now? Many people say that education is the key to the future and I agree with it, but it is on a specific study that would allow me to do what I want and what is needed to improve on community interactions and to communicate through different channels. So in schools, they are going to be tackling all general subjects, which is okay but schools need to include life skills, like how the government works and how to deal with forms or something. It is considered extracurricular, but it is what is required in my opinion.

A lot of parents now are starting their children to be homeschooled knowing that they could better focus on them and you would know what they are experiencing. It is ideal but not with interactions with people. It's isolating them if you are not getting everything.

School is just business that a lot of people now are feeling inclined to do, it is somewhat required by society now. For the students who are giving it their all, good job but it's just the start of their lives. There are other ways to do. A lot of rich people haven't finished schooling, but they are successful.

Probably everything has pros and cons; you have to pick and go without regreting it.
Activity: 10
October 07, 2018, 12:13:16 AM
School is formed to turn people into slaves

School does not teach critical thinking skills... you are never taught how to think for yourself... you are only taught how to repeat information for a test... you only need to memorize information for a week or so at a time, and after being tested, you can forget it all

Schools don't teach you how to be a business owner, instead they teach you how to be a slave to a business owner

School gets you prepared for the 8-hour work day... which is horrible to be honest... people work 8 hours a day, spend another hour driving to work, another hour on lunch break... that's 10 hours set aside for work... plus 8 hours for sleep, leaves you with 6 hours a day for yourself...  during these 6 hours you have to do other things like shit, shower, shave, cook, eat, take care of the kids/pets, etc... in the end, you are lucky to get an hour a day to spend doing what you want to do (and not much time to think about your situation of being a slave, or how to make it better)

Employers want to pay people as little as possible, so the owner/CEO can take all the profits from the company.

Sounds like a great system, if you enjoy being a slave

It all begins with school
Activity: 70
October 12, 2018, 09:38:28 AM
I personally have a degree in engineering and I totally stand with the Quote by the economist John Maynard Keynes

"Education: the inculcation of the incomprehensible into the indifferent by the incompetent."
Pages:
Jump to: