Pages:
Author

Topic: What is the advantage of Bitcoin from ETH? - page 2. (Read 450 times)

copper member
Activity: 463
Merit: 251
November 02, 2017, 03:41:25 AM
Bitcoin is a crypto-currency, but Ethereum is actually a platform, which means it has tremendous potential. Ethereum relates “blocks,” or records of transactions, more quickly than Bitcoin and some of its users believe that this effect makes it easier to use.
Activity: 770
Merit: 500
Bazinga!
November 02, 2017, 01:56:45 AM
you get faster confirmation in ETH because ETH has faster block generation but that is sacrificing the decentralization of ETH nodes. the blockchain is already bigger than bitcoins (i forgot if it was 2x or 4x the size of bitcoin's) and that means you will have to store a much larger file and the sync process takes forever to complete. soon there won't be a single user running any node. and nodes will be run only by exchanges.

the main difference between the two is that bitcoin is designed to be a currency. the paper even calls it a digital cash. but ethereum is designed to not be a currency. which means the confirmation time that you mention here is meaningless since it is not for payments.

we have also already seen multiple times that ETH can not handle things when the number of transactions grow, and the network fails to the point where exchanges had to close down deposits. but in bitcoin the same scenario means only an increased fee and nothing else.
Activity: 1050
Merit: 250
Revolutionizing Reward Points
November 01, 2017, 11:59:56 PM
because ethereum have shorter block time if we compare with bitcoin,
thats the main reason why ethereum need only a few second in confirmations an bitcoin in a minutes,
but sometimes need more time in confirmations for both
http://www.investopedia.com/articles/investing/031416/bitcoin-vs-ethereum-driven-different-purposes.asp
Activity: 798
Merit: 251
November 01, 2017, 11:52:02 PM
I just compared the benefits of Bitcoin vs Etherium.
I send ETH and BTC at the same time into an exchange.
In transactions ETH is faster than BTC. ETH only takes 2-5 minutes to complete a transaction. while BTC in my opinion very slow in completing the transaction.
My question What is the advantage of BTC from ETH and why is Bitcoin more expensive than ETH?
Thanks
Technically speaking btc is faster than eth because it is built specially for microtransactions but looking at it's current number of users daily, it is natural that ETH transaction would be faster because transactions happening in ETH are lesser when compared to the daily number of transactions btc processes which is congested at times. ETH also is only made to run smart contracts while btc is made to be a currency.

Btc is faster than eth? Eth confirms within seconds.

Btc is desgined for microtransactions then why are they integrating segwit. Do you even know how much you are paying for miners fee to get s priority confirmation?
Activity: 560
Merit: 500
November 01, 2017, 11:26:56 PM
In transactions ETH is faster than BTC. ETH only takes 2-5 minutes to complete a transaction. while BTC in my opinion very slow in completing the transaction.
My question What is the advantage of BTC from ETH and why is Bitcoin more expensive than ETH?
Thanks
Technically speaking btc is faster than eth because it is built specially for microtransactions but looking at it's current number of users daily, it is natural that ETH transaction would be faster because transactions happening in ETH are lesser when compared to the daily number of transactions btc processes which is congested at times. ETH also is only made to run smart contracts while btc is made to be a currency.
Activity: 490
Merit: 106
November 01, 2017, 11:13:42 PM
How much gas did you used to pay for Ethereum transaction and how much transaction fee did you pay for Bitcoin? if you want to compare them in terms of who is faster you should pay the same amount of fee. But there is no doubt that Ethereum is faster because Bitcoin blockchain is always congested with the volume of transactions and blocks can only solve limited transacttions per 10 minutes.

Thanks
The reason why Bitcoin gain more value compared to Ethereum is beacause of its popularity and increasing community that adopting it and has limited supply while Ethereum has no limit to its supply so it will be difficult to raise the price.
Activity: 322
Merit: 103
November 01, 2017, 09:06:02 PM
Bitcoin is the mother of all currencies and bigest part of the crypto market cap is located in bitcoin, it is limited and safer than Ethereum. I think that ETH is more controlled by its devs and it is also makes it less suitable for long term investments. It is still a great coin but if you just hodl ETH for a couple years I won't be so sure about its rate.
Activity: 476
Merit: 250
November 01, 2017, 08:57:31 PM
Thanks
Pages:
Jump to: