Pages:
Author

Topic: What is the best hardware wallet - page 3. (Read 422 times)

Activity: 446
Merit: 13
May 14, 2018, 10:23:40 AM
Hi All
Keeping in mind the growing security issue of safekeeping our cryptos, just wondering which is the best hardware wallet out there? Thanks in advance for expert suggestion / user's experience.

Hi there SangitAlam! There are so many hardware wallet out there. The only problem that will affect your choices is the price. I have lucky to have tried Trezor and Ledger Nano. Trezor boast that their product is the most secure cryptocurrency wallet which I found true because of a password plus a two factor authentication. However, for some this could be a additional hazel. What I just dont like about it is its design and a bit costly. Unlike Ledger nano which is a bit more simple and in a much lower cost. What ever you choose among those two, both drawback of them is when you lost it.
Activity: 167
Merit: 0
May 14, 2018, 10:22:39 AM
Hi All
Keeping in mind the growing security issue of safekeeping our cryptos, just wondering which is the best hardware wallet out there? Thanks in advance for expert suggestion / user's experience.
Yep safey first,because i have lost lots of coin from my mew.Now i am using Trezor and not found any problem so far.i believe it will keep all of my currency safe online or offline.
Activity: 742
Merit: 329
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
May 14, 2018, 10:13:45 AM
Hi All

I think all of the hardware wallets could make our cryptocurrency safe, but if you wanted a hardware wallet which supports the coins that you have, then I would suggest buying Ledger hardware wallet, mostly it supports ERC20 tokens, but if you are only going to store bitcoin, then I would suggest buying Trezor hardware wallet. Hardware wallets purpose is to secure your coins even in offline.
Activity: 210
May 14, 2018, 09:45:42 AM
Hi All
I suggest ledger Nano s and trezor is the best safest security hardware wallet  proven and tested.and also wide support of altcoin .
Activity: 254
Merit: 1258
May 14, 2018, 09:24:34 AM
Trezor and ledger and the big two after that I would go keepkey, the only issue with Keepkey is it doesn't update very often on firmware.
legendary
Activity: 3668
Merit: 6382
Looking for campaign manager? Contact icopress!
May 14, 2018, 09:23:31 AM
Keeping in mind the growing security issue of safekeeping our cryptos, just wondering which is the best hardware wallet out there?

Just make sure you understand that hardware wallets are also not the very best protection you can have.
* air-gaped offline device for signing transactions is much better security
* it has happened that hardware wallets had security flaws and needed to get updated
* if you don't pay attention to security you may lose your funds even before they reach your hardware wallet
Activity: 392
Merit: 39
May 14, 2018, 09:15:53 AM
Ledger Nano S supports much more crytpocurrencies than the competitors (Trezor). They recently support even Bitcoin Private (Feb'18 fork). The other one is Trezor, which is very recognizable and secure too. Supports less cryptocurrencies. All the other ones are smallish brands.

Ledger cons: Ledger Nano S supports some other derivation path than other HW for Ethereum for some reasons.

Whatever you buy, buy it from original vendor to avoid scam.
legendary
Activity: 1624
Merit: 2481
May 14, 2018, 09:14:21 AM
There is no the 'best' hardware wallet.

The most commonly used hardware wallets are from ledger (https://www.ledgerwallet.com/) and trezor (https://trezor.io/).
They are pretty much equally secure.

There are still differences between both wallets.
Trezor's model is a small mini computer. Ledgers nano s on the other hand is architectured 'around secure elements'.

The nano s does support more altcoins than trezor (and also seems to be adding new coins more frequently than trezor).

Ledger Nano S: https://www.ledgerwallet.com/products/ledger-nano-s
Trezor ONE/T: https://shop.trezor.io/
Activity: 26
May 14, 2018, 09:03:25 AM
I use ledger nano as well. Easy to set up and cheaper than other hardware wallets.
Activity: 154
May 14, 2018, 08:50:40 AM
Hi All
Ledger is one of the safest wallet.The hardware wallet keeps your cryptocurrencies secure even if you inadvertently use it with with a computer compromised by hackers, malware, or viruses. A Ledger Nano S is a great balance of usability with safety and security.
Activity: 518
Merit: 100
May 14, 2018, 08:43:02 AM
I am currently using Ledger Nano S and I am not having any problem using it and its quite handy. The only problem is that, that time when a 15-year old boy attacked the wallet via backdoor.

Yes, that claimed the Ledger Nano S being hacked. But that attack was on purpose to alert the manufacturers about the flaw. They released an update now and got it fixed.

This is still up to you. But I can still suggest Ledger Nano S. Pros: Cheap, Handy, Cons: Might have errors, but can be fixed.

Yes ledger nano is one of the most safest wallet that I know and my funds are there are nothing any bad happens, in other words I didn't have any problems with it. Trezor is also good to use.
legendary
Activity: 1582
Merit: 1031
May 14, 2018, 08:39:11 AM
iam also using the Ledger Nano since few months and its a great wallet .... but for my wife i have a paperwallet i think this is a bit more safer than any hardware XD

regards
Activity: 756
Merit: 112
May 14, 2018, 08:36:45 AM
I am currently using Ledger Nano S and I am not having any problem using it and its quite handy. The only problem is that, that time when a 15-year old boy attacked the wallet via backdoor.

Yes, that claimed the Ledger Nano S being hacked. But that attack was on purpose to alert the manufacturers about the flaw. They released an update now and got it fixed.

This is still up to you. But I can still suggest Ledger Nano S. Pros: Cheap, Handy, Cons: Might have errors, but can be fixed.
Activity: 994
Merit: 544
May 14, 2018, 08:36:32 AM
Hi All

I have been asking my friends that question when we are doing a group chat and they told me that they would recommend me these hardware wallets.

1.Ledger Nano S
2. Ledger Blue
3. Trezor

They told me that these hardware wallets are excellent and they are using it for a year now. But among them the most popular among bitcoin holders is Ledger Nano S. I dont know the reason why but it sure is famous.
Activity: 26
Merit: 2
May 14, 2018, 08:32:24 AM
Hi All
Pages:
Jump to: