Pages:
Author

Topic: What is the best opportunity to harvest your hodl results? - page 3. (Read 333 times)

Activity: 798
Merit: 1045
Goodnight, ohh Leo!!! 🦅
I see like a lot of mess is going on around. That is why my question stands. Should it be family reasons? Will you buy a new house/island? What is your answer to the question?
What do you mean "best opportunity"??
Cryptocurrencies have thier diverse market strategies - now, onlike Bitcoin, it gives the bulls every point of self-developed encouragement to buy at the DIP, in anticipation of when and how the market would react to that huge investment. Now, when the market begins to rise, it's automatically bearish since all that's to be done is sell at ANY COMFORTABLE STAND.
I’m not a die-hard bitcoin hodler, for me Bitcoin hitting $200k will be a good time to sell a large part of my hodlings, that’s a long target which may not be realized in the next five years[...]
I don't think you understand the whole Bitcoin strategy.

Sandra 🧑‍🦰
Activity: 700
Merit: 429
For me bitcoin is for long-term holding and at that I don't have a specific time frame to follow and even if Bitcoin should touch 100k plus I won't liquidate my Bitcoin holding 100% and even if I have to do some cash out it won't be up 30% of my entire Bitcoin holding.

Because of fear of losing out,  because of the possibility of Bitcoin never getting below the sell position for me,  so this is a question of individual preference and not a generally accepted opinion.
Activity: 1232
Merit: 475
Instant cryptocurrency exchange with own reserves!
If you are asking it for yourself then it depends on the target you aim for. Because many just want to double their money in holding it and when they achieve the target they just harvest it. And definitely, most of the holders become greedy when they see the profit is keep rising and many end up with nothing. That's why it is necessary to make a mindset before holding off any asset.

You asked to harvest holding for buying a house, or land, or due to family reasons, which also depends on the emergency and good entry points. Like take an example, you are earning double on your holding and you know, this is not the current time to buy a house/land and there is no family reason but you also knew, that the market will never reach this point again in the next 3 to 4 years and you can not wait for that longer. So, the simplest thing you will do is harvest your profit.

There is another scenario too, in which you knew the house/land rates are decreasing and at the same point you are making the same profit then the answer will be, booking the profit to buy the land so that land could also make you profit because you have bought it at a lower price.
Activity: 966
Merit: 701
I see like a lot of mess is going on around. That is why my question stands. Should it be family reasons? Will you buy a new house/island? What is your answer to the question?
I’m not a die-hard bitcoin hodler, for me Bitcoin hitting $200k will be a good time to sell a large part of my hodlings, that’s a long target which may not be realized in the next five years but that’s my goal. I have a stable source of income and other investments so I don’t need to touch my bitcoin savings in cases of emergency, I have other options and resources I can use to maintain a standard lifestyle.
Activity: 1498
Merit: 702
When you set out to make an investment you definitely have the target you aiming to reach, this is not questionable, personally I started with a target but along the line the target increased then finally I just choose to be a Bitcoin enthusiast and it's always worked for me.

And that's how it is with others you have your personal target and goal when investing so when ever you think you have reached those goals or you gave a reason to withdraw then it's fine. It's your decision to make.
legendary
Activity: 1960
Merit: 2124
There is no thing as perfect timing because it depends on individual perceptions like those who have hold it from the early days have millionaire status but that would be reality when they actually sell the coins so now question is whether they consider it as best time to harvest it or not like they can still hold it for more years.But on the opposite some might have invested previous year when prices were high say near about $40k+ so it's loss situation for them and can't say when will be good time for them to make profits.

But on the opposite side if seek reality we are taking bitcoin as investment purpose only forgetting that it has payment mode also to alternate fiat related transactions with control over your funds but majority is taking it this way so can't do much about it as well want profits to be associated with what we invest for.But are you serious about Island talk? Because someone with good bitcoin in custody can think about it but house is reasonable and there is one thread What can 1 Bitcoin buy in your country? so see how much beneficial it could be but accumulating full bitcoin is hard at this time.

Coming back to your question it really depends on our targets like what we want to buy or when we want to sell seeking good time and satisfactory profits on your end because the market will go up down always so you decide entry exit point based on your analysis.
Activity: 86
Merit: 1
Pages:
Jump to: