Pages:
Author

Topic: What is the difference between a "coin" and "token"? - page 2. (Read 8160 times)

Activity: 110
Merit: 0
if according to my analysis the difference between COINS and TOKEN is?
A coin is a coin that has a platfrom, while the token must be attached to another coin plate to get the price.
But the coin with the token remains the same coin. The token is usually called the Ethereum ECR-20 Asset, while the transaction token coin is faster than the coin because the token is an ethereum asset.
Activity: 39
Perhaps I'm misconception something, yet why this expressed evasion and play with words? For normal shoppers this is a proportional idea, would it say it isn't? Talking about the digital currency - we mean a token, saying a token - we mean cryptographic money. In the wake of perusing the point, I positively now comprehend the distinction, however in the event that somebody lets me know the "token of the ether," I'll comprehend what I'm discussing and won't right it.
legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1007
Bitcoin is a coin. Then there are two kinds of altcoins. 1. Bitcoin forks: Litecoin, Dogecoin, they are built on the bitcoin code.  2. Other altcoins use their own blockchain such as Ethereum. And tokens do not create code from scratch, they use existing platforms and make a template, such as the standard ERC-20 .
For many, there is no fundamental difference between these concepts. Currency includes the characteristics: the unit of account, medium of exchange and store of value. Coins and tokens differ in the method of creation.
Activity: 134
Merit: 1
Bitcoin is a coin. Then there are two kinds of altcoins. 1. Bitcoin forks: Litecoin, Dogecoin, they are built on the bitcoin code.  2. Other altcoins use their own blockchain such as Ethereum. And tokens do not create code from scratch, they use existing platforms and make a template, such as the standard ERC-20 .
Activity: 98
The different of coins and token.

Coins or Altcoin - are digital money, created using encryption techniques, that store value over time. Basically it is a digital equivalent of money. Bitcoin is the most famous example.

Token -Tokens are digital assets, issued by the project, which can be used as a method of payment inside project’s ecosystem, performing similar functions with coins, but the main difference is that it also gives the holder a right to participate in the network.

i hope this will help you. thank you
Activity: 98
In my views, Coins are computerized cash, made utilizing encryption strategies, that store an incentive after some time. Fundamentally, it is a computerized likeness cash. Bitcoin is the most renowned case. Tokens are computerized resources, issued by the undertaking, which can be utilized as a technique for installment inside venture's biological system, Coins are the only strategy for installment while tokens may display an organization's offer, offer access to item or benefit and perform numerous different capacities. Coins are monetary standards that can be utilized for purchasing and offering things. You can purchase a token with a coin, yet not the other way around. Coin works autonomously, while token has a particular use in the task's biological community.
Activity: 112
The key purpose of contrast between a token and a coin is that a coin is issued by an administrative neighborhood or national expert and is unreservedly replaceable for products or different coins, while a token has a considerably more constrained utilize and is regularly issued by a privately owned business, gathering, affiliation or person. On account of "money tokens" issued by an organization yet additionally perceived by the state there is a union among-st tokens and cash.
Activity: 434
Merit: 100
Both can be called cryptocurrency, but if coins (such as bitcoin or litecoin) work using their own blockchains, tokens live on top of existing infrastructure, such as the Ethereum blockchain. Blockchain, in fact, is a record of transactions protected by the network.
So, coins have their own independent transaction registers, and tokens rely on some third-party network to confirm and secure transactions. Coins are often used to transfer financial assets. Tokens have much more functions – this is a kind of digital contract for almost anything; physical objects, events tickets, loyalty points, etc.
Activity: 57
coins are the tokens used for trading while tokens are a unit of the blockchain
copper member
Activity: 560
Merit: 2
In most cases, we use coin and token interchangeably. But I think, a token is simply a smart contract effected on an ecosystem which has a blockchain. A token is very simple to create and requires little or no technical expertise because its code has already been built on the ecosystem. A coin on the other hand requires a great deal of technical expertise because the blockchain needs to be built, together with the entire ecosystem.
Activity: 75
i can say that coins are mineable while token are given by ICOs through bounties.
Activity: 89
token is what we hold before it is being listed on an exchange while coin is what we use to hold for long term investement
Activity: 762
Merit: 500
Concerning me I truly don't know for the present the distinction of those two.But on my perspective I believe that in the event that you are conversing with coins I would state that something that can fill in as an installment something used to purchase something or something used to exchanging or working together while token for me implies an offer or a given reward for an occupation or something given by the organization concerning completing an awesome activity for them.

Coins they have the block chain on their own and have the platform to transfer tokens.
This can create more number of supplies.
While Token are those who created under contract. most of them are NEP5 and ERC20

@pacapa mloloh has explained into two simple sentences the difference between a token, currency and a fork.

Activity: 69
Concerning me I truly don't know for the present the distinction of those two.But on my perspective I believe that in the event that you are conversing with coins I would state that something that can fill in as an installment something used to purchase something or something used to exchanging or working together while token for me implies an offer or a given reward for an occupation or something given by the organization concerning completing an awesome activity for them.
Activity: 490
Merit: 10
I wonder how for me there is not much difference and that and that is traded. And if it means that it is a digital asset, then it can and should be earned on it.
Activity: 237
Merit: 43
Oh, a token is just a digital asset deployed on a certain chain, but a coin is the unit of the chain itself. In terms of investment, if you buy a coin you normally have a stake on the value of the chain, but a token may represent a stake in any of the business or projects that are built to be supported on that chain.
Activity: 122
Tokens are a representation of a particular asset or utility, that usually resides on top of another blockchain. Tokens can represent basically any assets that are fungible and tradeable, from commodities to loyalty points to even other cryptocurrencies!
Activity: 349
Merit: 10
I've heard of some companies offering tokens instead of coins, is this the same thing?

Usually, people are confused and use them for the same meaning. Actually they are different. If you notice on coinmarketcap, they categorize it into coin and token.
If cryptocurrency is created from their own blockchain (ex: NEO, XLM. XRP, ETH, BTC,..), we will call it "COIN".
If cryptocurrency is based on other smart-contract platform, we call it "TOKEN" (ex:  Qtum is based on Ethereum platform)
Activity: 76
A coin has its own blockchain while a token was just created from a contract thats my understanding
Activity: 26
Coin is he principle coin with its system like eth while token is the coin made under the system like ten x pay is token, it is made in eth organize or blockchain, Most ICOs utilize eth token , there are some utilization and so forth , and waves. Most ICos currently utilize eth organize in light of the fact that the designers may lean toward eth to make savvy contract sent
Pages:
Jump to: