Pages:
Author

Topic: What is the difference between altcoin and bitcoin ?? - page 3. (Read 644 times)

Activity: 1652
Merit: 262
SOL.BIOKRIPT.COM
I am a Newbie member, and my knowledge about this is still very low
What is the difference between Bitcoin and altcoin in more detail Huh
thanks admin
Simply put, bitcoin is the main coin that was born first, while altcoin is an alternative coin that was born after the existence of bitcoin. So bitcoin is the parent of altcoin or other coins.
that could be said so, but in more detail is actually bitcoin and altcoin are in the same market, and the difference is the market between bitcoin and altcoin between decentralization and centralization. although there is also a new decentralized altcoin. altcoin also issued more new projects for the development of new tokens, while bitcoin remained the biggest and highest coin on the market today without any new projects.
Activity: 2632
Merit: 787
Jack of all trades 💯
You need to specify on which altcoin you want to compare with bitcoins since if you say altcoin you compare all of them to the one crypto and also there are alt's who died already and still kick.

But I will give this answer base on my opinion there's only so don't take it seriously, The difference between them is the people support you can see the large number of Bitcoin user as well you can see that Bitcoin n is the face of crypto while the alt's we are getting less support and some of them are totally 100% scam.
Activity: 2156
Merit: 531
The difference is quite extensive and many ,altcoin is often referred to as alternatifecoin but besides that the uniqueness and superiority of different products vary and the industry is also different ,you must learn more about this industry
Activity: 1022
Merit: 10
as trader manages on appealing customs with distinctive then with the future entrance the plan might gives with returns on referring shifts of advantage and trader to goes on tasks with decision as improving more of requirements as becoming part on business with the field of crypto finance.
Activity: 798
Merit: 14
As the name implies, "Altcoins" theyrr alternate to something stronger something superior which is Bitcoin. Altcoins were created after Bitcoin was conceived and actualized. Altcoins are alternatives to Bitcoin.
Activity: 1008
Merit: 511
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
No offense mate but what are you asking is a little bit broad. Did you even try first to make a research about it? I advice you to do it own your own first because some of the members here don't tolerate spoonfeeding Grin.

Anyway, let me give my own answer for your question. Bitcoin and altcoins both fall as cryptocurrency. Let's just say that btc is the pioneer and the rest is a copycat Grin (but some of them really got interesting features tho which btc don't have).

I think OP is not a newbie because the first 2 post he/she made is joining a bounty campaign which makes me think that OP has idea about Bitcoin and altcoin. Some people are too lazy to do a quick research about cryptocurrency but so eager to earn some bucks within this space, I hope this kind of habits will change.
Activity: 1596
Merit: 335
Bitcoin is actually known to be the father of all coins. Meaning, it has passed through the tests of time and it has been through a lot of changes and development. Alternative coins are those who are trying to follow the footsteps of bitcoin. We could both invest with both Bitcoin and altcoins but you have to be wise in choosing a potential altcoin these days.
Activity: 1274
Merit: 521
7enius - Your Cryptocurrency Marketing Consultant
Actually it's a fairly simple explanation. Altcoin exists as an alternative coin after Bitcoin has become a pioneer. Altcoin is made to perfect the technology that is in Bitcoin. With the existence of this alternative coin, we can expect the implementation of blockchain technology to be applied in several sectors and with more advanced technology. But unfortunately at this time many altcoins that appear only by tracing existing sources without the slightest increase.
Activity: 296
Merit: 1
precisely, bitcoin and altcoin have different functions, both in investment and trade. if you want to get a lot of profits, you can invest in bitcoin and if you want to take risks, you can invest with altcoin. my advice is always be careful before you invest in altcoin, make sure they have further price developments.
Activity: 560
Merit: 14
Welcome buddy to the forum. First before the differences between bitcoin and altcoin let's know the similarities first the both are cryptocurrency based coin which is they have all attribute of a cryptocurrency however there are numerous differences like the popularity, price and adaptation
When Bitcoin was first introduced and many interested people and can be used as an investment, then created altcoin as an alternative investment. At present altcoin is developing not only to function and duplicate bitcoin but is already a platform used for business such as logistics and other things.
Activity: 1028
Merit: 144
Diamond Hands 💎HODL
thanks admin
To summarize and hand you some takeaways from as far as my knowledge can provide, here are some keypoints to remember about bitcoin and altcoins.

Bitcoin - the first decentralized cryptocurrency.
   a. Decentralized, exists on every full node on the network.
   b. Limited supply, therefore deflationary.
   c. Development of features is slow, but is good to ensure security.
   d. No central founder/institution. Made by a person named Satoshi Nakamoto, which identity isn't verified until now.

Altcoins - variations based on Bitcoin's network and blockchain framework.
   a. Over 4,000 altcoins exist in the market.
   b. More prone to full shut down in times of crash.
   c. Some are decentralized, while others like stablecoins are manipulated.
   d. Often features something Bitcoin still does not have.

Yeah, all of the alternative tokens are just a copy of bitcoin I try the altcoins are trying to copy the success of bitcoin so they are trying to replicate what happened to bitcoin but we all know that the price and popularity of bitcoin become a great percentage of attracting many investors in bitcoin. With many investors, bitcoin could make its price increases in the market making it successful with that a lot of companies already see the potential of bitcoin and use it also as their assets. Also, bitcoin was still alive unlike altcoins a lot of altcoins in the marketplace are already dead and don't even have its price in the market.
Activity: 1512
Merit: 292
www.cd3d.app
The main thing that you should understand that Bitcoin is a self-sufficient cryptocurrency.

It does not depend on anyone or anything. Its price can be manipulated has sufficient volumes, that is, Bitcoin is very volatile. The entire cryptocurrency market is very volatile.
If we talk about alternative coins, you need to understand that the viability of the project depends only on how development is going on inside the project.

If the team ceases its activity, and the development of the project stops, then the price for it falls, the money flows into another cryptocurrency, most likely it will be bitcoin.
Therefore, if you decide to invest in the crypto market, first of all choose bitcoin.

It is also worth adding that altcoins are directly dependent on the price of bitcoin and the whole market moves along with the movement of the price of bitcoin.
Activity: 756
Merit: 251
thanks admin

I suggest search into google or youtube to get more information what is the difference between bitcoin and altcoins, anyway hope i can help you base in my own  knowledge and understanding the difference bitcoin and altcoins.
Bitcoin is came from the miners using computers with high quality GPU
Altcoins is came from the project devs(ICOS) as alternative currency traded into bitcoin.

The previous posts are already more or less enough to give you the basic understanding of the difference between Bitcoin and altcoins. Additional information should be coming from your own research and studies. The basics are already given to you.

New Bitcoins are mined but it does not mean that Bitcoin can only be accessed through mining. Of course, we can buy Bitcoins anytime. Not all altcoins are coming from the devs or through ICOs. There are also POW altcoins.
legendary
Activity: 1316
Merit: 1145
Bitcoin is the first decentralized crypto currency that runs through the blockchain network introduced by satoshi nakamoto in 2009 (this is a brief understanding)
while ALTCOIN stands for Alternative Coin. where altcoin was created after bitcoin. and also runs on a blockchain network. Altcoin was created as an alternative to a transaction other than bitcoin.
Activity: 952
Merit: 104
thanks admin

I suggest search into google or youtube to get more information what is the difference between bitcoin and altcoins, anyway hope i can help you base in my own  knowledge and understanding the difference bitcoin and altcoins.
Bitcoin is came from the miners using computers with high quality GPU
Altcoins is came from the project devs(ICOS) as alternative currency traded into bitcoin.
Merit: 38
To the layman, at the mention of the word coin, the first thing that comes to mind first is Bitcoin. The reason is that it is the first coin and the most popular. Although, some people were of the opinion that some had been created long time ago, before the advent of bitcoin, but as much as I know, the first cryptocurrency in the light of digital currency, s Bitcoin. Those that were created by developers alike are now called At coins, which singly bear their different names.
Activity: 938
Merit: 250
thanks admin

bitcoin is the first coin in cryptocurrency made by satoshi nakamato in 2009 after the world experienced a global crisis in 2008. while altcoin is an alternative coin that is cryptocurrency coins that appeared after bitcoin. bitcoin is the main coin in cryptocurrency bitcoin as a reference for altcoin. every bitcoin prices go up then most altcoins also increase. and when bitcoin goes down altcoin also goes down. bitcoin is like usd in fiat money.
Activity: 1302
Merit: 577
avatar and signature space for rent !!!
Actually there's a lot of difference then if i post all of that here then i think that's really long so better to search or study it OP one by one

Start first to search or study Bitcoin then after that try to search Ethereum,Bitcoin Cash then Ripple and more alts then if you base in their potentials then better to really rely in Bitcoin than in many Altcoins
Yes the best way is to research , you can see many different blogs and youtube video explaining the difference of those bitcoin and altcoin. If the OP already member of this forum they should know it since there are many related topics to bitcoin and altcoins here.
Activity: 746
https://axiomapay.com/
the difference is bitcoin is one of the biggest cryptoqurrency in the industry and altcoin is an alternative investment besides bitcoin, you can see in the CMC market that there are many thousands of altcoins available there. but not all altcoin is profitable for investment, you need to reconsider before investing with altcoin.
Pages:
Jump to: