Pages:
Author

Topic: What is the standard of bitcoin investment? - page 3. (Read 770 times)

Activity: 420
Merit: 101
September 30, 2017, 09:07:37 PM
I have 4.6 bitcoins, but I don't know if that's a good investment.
I want to know how much people invest in bitcoins, is it more then 10 bitcoins?
And what is the standard bitcoin investment?
I don't want to waste too much money on bitcoin, you know I'm not that rich and I have to pay bills.

Wow you have a 4.6 bitcoins but its up to you if you want invest your bitcoin but for me think a lot and do study abouy investing becuase investing is risky you only need is be patience and sure that you will get s lot of profit.
legendary
Activity: 3038
Merit: 1169
September 30, 2017, 07:57:39 PM
There is no standard Investment of how much you should invest in bitcoin it is really up to you if what amount you can provide and in your case you said that you are not rich in investing bitcoin but I think even if you invest in bitcoin it is still money and you can surely convert or sell it back so you can use it again or if your country have a direct transaction using bitcoin then it is great in your part, by in my opinion invest in bitcoin the amount you surely can invest,
Activity: 12
Merit: 0
September 30, 2017, 07:42:09 PM
After hearing from you guys, I was confident of how much I invest. Let's just hope bitcoin doesn't fail on me. I have heard of some bitcoin wallet locking people accounts and took their bitcoin. So I don't know what bitcoin wallet I should use?
Activity: 1190
Merit: 306
September 30, 2017, 07:36:21 PM
Wow, not bad.  I've never owned more than something like 1.2BTC, and I currently own much, much
less than that.  I get an itchy feeling about crypto and don't like to have too much of my money tied
up in it at any given time. 

As the gentleman above stated, it matters more what percentage of your net worth is in bitcoin, not
the straight up dollar amount.  If all you have in the world is 4BTC, that could be problematic.  If I
was a millionaire, I'd probably have no more than 5% of my dough in crypto.  It's just far too volatile
for comfort.

I think most users on bitcointalk have far less than you have, so you should consider yourself fortunate.
There are people posting in sig campaigns who are probably eating toothpaste sandwiches.
Activity: 406
Merit: 114
September 30, 2017, 07:33:17 PM
I don't think of it in terms of "how many", I think of it in terms of "what percent".  I shoot for 5% of my investment portfolio.  Bitcoin and alt coins are one of the most volatile and risky assets that anyone can own at this time, but they also offer returns that have outpaced other asset classes ... by far.  I just don't want to get too deep into them.  People younger than me might have a higher tolerance for risk, though.

But to answer your question, there is no standard investment quantity.  You can buy and hold whatever amount you are comfortable with.
Activity: 12
Merit: 0
September 30, 2017, 07:04:24 PM
I have 4.6 bitcoins, but I don't know if that's a good investment.
I want to know how much people invest in bitcoins, is it more then 10 bitcoins?
And what is the standard bitcoin investment?
I don't want to waste too much money on bitcoin, you know I'm not that rich and I have to pay bills.
Pages:
Jump to: