Pages:
Author

Topic: What is your advice: When should I cash out? - page 5. (Read 2732 times)

Activity: 419
Merit: 100
Cashing out is a personal decision for anyone, similar to you, I cash out when I need money to attend to some needs. But you can as well cash out when you're comfortable with your profits, or if you forsee any upcoming dip, you cash out and buy back during the dip. Everyone has different times for cashing out.
yes there is no desire counsel that you are might to know here cause having this kind of decision are always by your own and not depending on others yes it is hard to have that kind of decision but we all know that this is personally you can have a lot of choices but always remember we all have different needs.
Yeah hold your coin for the longer terms bitcoin don’t give much in short term but in longer terms it gives up to 500% of profit and yeah this has already happened buddy those who bought bitcoin last year at the end in previous days they earned 18000+ profit on their investment and all this is because they keep patience and don’t sell at the lower profit so advise to you is make an aim and hold till then and keep calm.
Activity: 504
I have been investing in a bunch of different coins for a while now, mainly BTC, ETH, LTC, and some other lesser-known coins. I have a lot of different coins in my portfolio to stabilize/reduce risk.

I love the gains that these coins provide. I never panic-sell, and always hodl and buy low. That has been my simple strategy.

However, I have a problem - how do I train myself to know when to cash out?

For instance, last night the BTC price was high (18K), and ETH/LTC price were low.

I could have cashed out then, and invested in ETH/LTC, which are seeing a nice pump now.

How do you know when to cash out??

Right now the only time I cash out is when I need to money to buy a gift or something.

really you just take or do bitcoin to cash when you're in need of money, if not then store the bitcoin you have for good and grow the bitcoin you have by playing altcoin.
Activity: 406
Like everybody i only cash out also whenever i need money too spare. But if it reach the price that i want i sell. But when the coins get lower and lower i tried to buy some back again.
Activity: 350
Merit: 10
You should withdraw money when the market is in a downward trend. You may notice this soon if you constantly update the chart of the altcoin market, often reduced due to very bad news or bitcoin increase too Strong, capital flows from the altcoin market are concentrated on bitcoin. Always focus on the market to help you make the right decisions.
Activity: 350
Merit: 12
for me the best time to cash out is when the value of bitcoin is high...be patient to wait for it because though bitcoin's value goes down it never happened that it is permanent already
Activity: 1162
Merit: 251
This I think is the main problem of many traders as the time for cashing out is not predictable and usually leads to confusions. But my strategy is to cash out when I have earned at least 2x from my investment.

Nobody can say when is a right time to sell, what if its fall 10% but jumps up 80%. So selling is totally a traders call based on his personal understanding and satisfaction. I also sell when its like over 80% upon my capital invested. But I do prefer to wait to cross it more unless I find its getting risky or not worth in the future.
yeah I think it will depend on the strategy of each trader itself, usually some traders fix what price they should wait to sell their bitcoin, and how many percent of the bitcoin they will sell also vary, there are some traders who sell all their bitcoins, of course this is not a recommendation because they does not have a back up plan. I myself always set aside a few percent maybe 25% for me to save back until the future,,
legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1091
But my strategy is to cash out when I have earned at least 2x from my investment.

Generally, that's a fair way of locking in profits, but it's tricky when it comes to Bitcoin. If we calculate from the example of you buying at $1000 earlier this year, and sell at the moment you made 2x in profits, you would have missed out tremendously on further growth. In some cases, where the example is also one of, it helps to just secure a tiny percentage of your profits. If you have sold all at once, there was no way for you to benefit from the price moving up higher. But if you just cashed out a small fraction, you would still be able too book fantastic profits while the price was marching to the $10k level, and later even to the $20k level. Every situation needs a different approach.
Activity: 1232
Merit: 250
This I think is the main problem of many traders as the time for cashing out is not predictable and usually leads to confusions. But my strategy is to cash out when I have earned at least 2x from my investment.

Nobody can say when is a right time to sell, what if its fall 10% but jumps up 80%. So selling is totally a traders call based on his personal understanding and satisfaction. I also sell when its like over 80% upon my capital invested. But I do prefer to wait to cross it more unless I find its getting risky or not worth in the future.
Activity: 126
Merit: 10
I have been investing in a bunch of different coins for a while now, mainly BTC, ETH, LTC, and some other lesser-known coins. I have a lot of different coins in my portfolio to stabilize/reduce risk.

I love the gains that these coins provide. I never panic-sell, and always hodl and buy low. That has been my simple strategy.

For instance, last night the BTC price was high (18K), and ETH/LTC price were low.

I could have cashed out then, and invested in ETH/LTC, which are seeing a nice pump now.

Right now the only time I cash out is when I need to money to buy a gift or something.

As l've saw to my brother it is good to cash out when price is increase. My brother use to monitor the price often, because that's the way he earn a bigger amount. Monitoring price is important because price increase in just  a seconds or in just a minute. Also if he is trading he used to hold that coin first and wait for the right price for him. So I  think before you cash out its better to trace if your  coin has the potential to get higher. Then sell it when you meet the price is right for you.
Activity: 476
Activity: 85
Merit: 0
I agree about cashing out during parabolic moves or short-term spikes. However, try to cash out gradually or in waves to make sure you ride at least most of the upmove.
Activity: 686
Merit: 257
No one can tell you when to cash out as I don’t think anyone know what is the top. If you are holding for the long term, then cash out when you need to use the money or when the price level reaches your target.

If you intend to trade for short term, you can set a profit margin target to cash out whenever you make certain percentage. In this way, you lost out of BTC is bullish.
legendary
Activity: 2534
Merit: 1338
If you will need money better to cash out some of them but if you'll see that the price is continuously rising better to hold until you gain much profit  Cheesy then if you'll see that bitcoin is continuously dropping its value you should decide whether to buy altcoins, hold or cashouts.
Eventually bitcoin is going to reach a huge price that most of use is not going to  believe so when cashing out make sure to only cash out what you need, otherwise the consequences in the future for you are going to be terrible as you watch the price of bitcoin climbing higher and you have not stored any, I know that if that happened to me I will be enraged by my lack of future orientation.
Activity: 182

Cash out when you need it  to buy something offline. If not i suggest to hold or trading with that money. Buy altcoin if the bitcoin price high and sell altcoin if its higher. I think you know more than me.
Activity: 1274
Merit: 516
No one know for sure when will be the time to cash out, for me as long as I think I earn enough profit then I will startto cash out, but if you are already a good and experience trader you can analyse it better to get the maximum result, by the chart and the market trend you can know when is the right time to exit
Activity: 198
cash out only when you already reach the target, trading really need a lot of patience
and also when you need the money, that was the excellent time to sell and cashout.

Enjoy your profit, most people didn't shop with their bitcoin so they've just satisfied with all their bitcoin on their wallet. to me, it will make me lazy to gain another profit on bitcoin when you see a big amount of bitcoin on the wallet
Cash out when necessary when it is for emergency reason or what, don't let your sensitive emotion decide for you, be smart enough to do wise thing, if you are still struggling on it, pray that you could have a right decision in anything that you are doing in your life especially here in cryptocurrency where in it can change our life.

The answer is personal every time because it depends on your needs and situation. There is no exact answer for an exit plan from bitcoin or other cryptocurrencies. The best, you will decide on your own when to exit and cash out.
Activity: 588

If need a money just trade exact amount for your needa cause the price is totally low. It will rise and rise again and if you think it is the right price trade it and hold it to the bitcoin. Bitcoin now is really great investment or trading in just  days your savings make a big profit.
And first of all, if you have another source of income use that in your needs and back the borrow money if the price is good.
Activity: 588
Merit: 251
It is always a good plan to cashout when there is a rise in their prices and get your profit, but for me, it is more better to cashout when you need to do something with the money, not because it rised/falls.
Activity: 504
Merit: 101
cash out only when you already reach the target, trading really need a lot of patience
and also when you need the money, that was the excellent time to sell and cashout.

Enjoy your profit, most people didn't shop with their bitcoin so they've just satisfied with all their bitcoin on their wallet. to me, it will make me lazy to gain another profit on bitcoin when you see a big amount of bitcoin on the wallet
Cash out when necessary when it is for emergency reason or what, don't let your sensitive emotion decide for you, be smart enough to do wise thing, if you are still struggling on it, pray that you could have a right decision in anything that you are doing in your life especially here in cryptocurrency where in it can change our life.
Activity: 446
Merit: 12
BitbondSTO.com | Germany’s First STO

Pages:
Jump to: