Pages:
Author

Topic: What is your strategy for hodling or selling? - page 16. (Read 3385 times)

Activity: 84
Merit: 2
I know nothing, I'm mostly just winging it.
While this might seem like something very intuitive, it is in fact one of the most difficult things I have noticed in the crypto world. When should I sell and when should I buy for maximum profit and minimum loss? After a lot of mishaps in this space, I have come to understand that a system, strictly followed is the key.

My own system is very simple. It doesnt matter when I buy, I could buy at an ATH or midway between an ATH and an ATL; but for the sake of security I would always sell at an ATH. This system assumes there would always be a correction following an ATH, sometimes a very damaging correction that it becomes a perceived market crash. No matter when I buy, provided I don't run into some life threatening issue, I believe there would always be a new ATH, so I wait, and I sell immediately that ATH comes. The I sit back and watch the greed and FOMO take over, wait for the correction, then buy again. Rinse and repeat. The only constant that this formula relies on is that there would always be a new ATH. So far this fact is yet to be disputed.

What is your system?

Mine is similar to yours, though we all want to buy the bottom there is always the fact that we cannot predict for sure how the market is going to turn out so that way it is best to just hold through it all. When I buy the coins,I buy them with the mindset that I am not selling off any of it until I see another all time high of the coins, that is only when I sell.
Yeah exactly!!
Activity: 658
Merit: 503
While this might seem like something very intuitive, it is in fact one of the most difficult things I have noticed in the crypto world. When should I sell and when should I buy for maximum profit and minimum loss? After a lot of mishaps in this space, I have come to understand that a system, strictly followed is the key.

My own system is very simple. It doesnt matter when I buy, I could buy at an ATH or midway between an ATH and an ATL; but for the sake of security I would always sell at an ATH. This system assumes there would always be a correction following an ATH, sometimes a very damaging correction that it becomes a perceived market crash. No matter when I buy, provided I don't run into some life threatening issue, I believe there would always be a new ATH, so I wait, and I sell immediately that ATH comes. The I sit back and watch the greed and FOMO take over, wait for the correction, then buy again. Rinse and repeat. The only constant that this formula relies on is that there would always be a new ATH. So far this fact is yet to be disputed.

What is your system?

Mine is similar to yours, though we all want to buy the bottom there is always the fact that we cannot predict for sure how the market is going to turn out so that way it is best to just hold through it all. When I buy the coins,I buy them with the mindset that I am not selling off any of it until I see another all time high of the coins, that is only when I sell.
The strategy that I run for this time holds, because this is not the time for sales at very low prices, only the losses I will get, I will wait until the price rises even though it takes a long time.
The same thing as I did, there was no other choice for me to deal with the current market situation. Surviving and being patient is a step to keep the hope of success. A few hours ago the market began to look up, but at this time there was a decline again, it really tested patience.
Yeah, its really, really testing our patience. But we're strong!
Activity: 153
Merit: 0
The strategy that I run for this time holds, because this is not the time for sales at very low prices, only the losses I will get, I will wait until the price rises even though it takes a long time.
The same thing as I did, there was no other choice for me to deal with the current market situation. Surviving and being patient is a step to keep the hope of success. A few hours ago the market began to look up, but at this time there was a decline again, it really tested patience.
Activity: 490
Merit: 100
send and receive money instantly, with no hidden c
Activity: 277
Merit: 10
Patience is the key to profit. I think it`s best to put everything you have left on hold. I put everything on hold for 5 years. I really believe that`s the right strategy, and that in the future the prizes become skyhigh. I enjoy the ride!
Activity: 448
You have a good system. It is easy to use and correct in execution. I support her. I'm doing something like that. More precisely have been arguing
Activity: 350
for myself in a market like this, what I do is hold it back because it prevents large losses, as time goes by the market will slowly recover from a fairly deep decline.
This is the period where the might of brave crypto humans are put to the test!  Grin Grin
At the moment the price is very falling, my strategy will only be to hold back and will not sell until the price is good. Selling it now will only bring losses.
Definitely, I hope no one has to sell in such a period. OTOH people should be buying as much as they can
Nice one OP. Everyone loves to sell at high price after buying at a price. As for me, I don't like to buy any coin that has pumped because the probability of correction is high which will send shivers down my bones and can pressure me to sell at loss to prevent further loss. The market presently looks as if it will take very long for us to see a new ATH. Let's keep on hoping.
Yeah I know that "shivers down the bones" feeling. Very real feeling once you have faced the wrath of the market
Activity: 392
My strategy is to keep holding on to the coins I have if I haven't gotten profit and the price of coins is low but I will sell if I need money or I already get profit and high coin prices
Activity: 490
At the moment the price is very falling, my strategy will only be to hold back and will not sell until the price is good. Selling it now will only bring losses.
Activity: 210
I won’t really say I’m an investor but my strategy is very simple and plain

I sell the huge pumps and buy te dumps
In other words, but the rumour and when the news comes around. Do ensure to sell the news and take in your profit

Honestly that's my strategy also here...  I sell my coins if the price is too high and i buy more when the market is on the low point...  That's strategy for me is much effective...  Especially now that the market is still in red days...  I preper holding and buying coin because i am hoping that before this year end it will soar high so that i can sell it in the market...
Activity: 646
Merit: 252
I think the best strategy at this time to get big profits is hold, I always believe that now is a difficult time so with patience we will get a big profit.
Activity: 615
Merit: 258
My strategy for holding is hold for the long period of time to secured your coins or investments  and to prevent from losing of it then sell it in the market when the value of it getting higher.
Activity: 238
Merit: 1
They will definitely buy at all times low and sell at high times, rinse and repeat, a very simple strategy for hodler, yes that is why I say it might seem easy. But if you are not careful, you will sell when you have to buy and buy when you have to sell.
Activity: 634
Merit: 128
if I usually do if the price is down then I will buy it and I will hold it until the price is high then at high prices I will sell it soon so that's what I usually do, how for you?
Activity: 112
I do both, in investment we have to hold and also sell. we cannot always hold and cannot always sell. there is a time when low prices we have to hold and when high prices we sell them.
Activity: 658
Merit: 250
My own strategy for holding or selling a coin is to buy when it is very low like in this present condition of bear and then wait for the system to get corrected. I believe after the correction, though price may still fall but it will rise and when the price is high enough for me to make reasonable profit on my investment, I sell it. I like to buy low and sell high because it is very profitable.
Pages:
Jump to: