Pages:
Author

Topic: What is your strategy for hodling or selling? - page 19. (Read 3385 times)

Activity: 630
Merit: 250
Depending on what is owned. When it has good potential in the long run then it is resistant only to get great results. But if you have a team that's not too good then just selling to get results before not too precious. but of course, everyone has a view on each.
Activity: 84
Merit: 2
I know nothing, I'm mostly just winging it.
I will use all strategies depending on the current market situation. holding for coins that will potentially rise. selling for coins that have reached a certain price and already profit.
all strategies are very important as our attention to investment. not just aiming at one. because we have to prepare various plans
Yeah, thats also true. Backup plans are important
i dont care about the other person nor people holding any coins.
this is me and i will tell what i do...
i just hold the token or coins if i am not getting to the price i want.
yeah, there is a dump and fall.
though i will still hold, the best thing to do is to buy more at low.
then hold it again.
Yeah buying more of a solid coin when low always is a good idea. You just need to hold as long as you can
Activity: 1004
Merit: 111
i dont care about the other person nor people holding any coins.
this is me and i will tell what i do...
i just hold the token or coins if i am not getting to the price i want.
yeah, there is a dump and fall.
though i will still hold, the best thing to do is to buy more at low.
then hold it again.
bump!
To me, what I do most time is selling once the coin hit a big exchange... Because, the more you hold the more the possibility to to lose and the more the possibility to gain... So if you can't risk it or in need of quick money... U can just sell it off.
This works for bounty hunters and airdrops that eventually make it to exchanges. The main focus here is on coins you actually bought, usually coins that have real use and are more established. Not just shitcoins
Activity: 87
Merit: 0
To me, what I do most time is selling once the coin hit a big exchange... Because, the more you hold the more the possibility to to lose and the more the possibility to gain... So if you can't risk it or in need of quick money... U can just sell it off.
Activity: 208
Merit: 13
TRUSTED CARS ICO
Well most in the community are doing the same, They would sure buy on an All time low and sell on the All time high, Rinse and repeat, Very simple strategy for a hodler, But there are some who surely risk they even sell on an ATL because they only believe that the price will surely drop, Well I really think there are no other system on how you can properly Buy and sell on the market of Cryptocurrency.

That is only for people who really understand the cycles and how the price of bitcoin is influenced by news and other situations, if you try to do that uninformed, your cash will go down the drains.
Activity: 41
The best system I been using is to buy at the low then sail with the ship to a reasonable profit,but one key factor here is one has to be smart immediately I got my capital and little profit am good
Activity: 431
Merit: 11
As my strategy on selling I'll wait the signal if the coin is pumping and means profitable for me i will sell it and when market is down i will hold it for a while and wait the until the market recover.
Activity: 434
Merit: 100
My strategy is to hold when the value of it, in the market can’t make me profitable enough in this business and sell it when the time comes that the value of it, is in the high amount or price.
Activity: 420
Merit: 105
Negative trust for an opinion! Check it out.
My new strategy after getting completely destroyed in this latest bear market is to start buying ALT coins now.  Wait for the next peak (over 1 trillion) and then get into tether and wait for the great bear again.  Rinse repeat. 
Activity: 123
Merit: 10
The World’s First Blockchain Core
While this might seem like something very intuitive, it is in fact one of the most difficult things I have noticed in the crypto world. When should I sell and when should I buy for maximum profit and minimum loss? After a lot of mishaps in this space, I have come to understand that a system, strictly followed is the key.

My own system is very simple. It doesnt matter when I buy, I could buy at an ATH or midway between an ATH and an ATL; but for the sake of security I would always sell at an ATH. This system assumes there would always be a correction following an ATH, sometimes a very damaging correction that it becomes a perceived market crash. No matter when I buy, provided I don't run into some life threatening issue, I believe there would always be a new ATH, so I wait, and I sell immediately that ATH comes. The I sit back and watch the greed and FOMO take over, wait for the correction, then buy again. Rinse and repeat. The only constant that this formula relies on is that there would always be a new ATH. So far this fact is yet to be disputed.

What is your system?
My strategy is quite simple. I buy in the coisn is low and sell them in a reasonable high price. And the key for my way is do not be too greedy.
Activity: 196
This is the two strategy to which it is the good combination, holding when the price is still cheap and selling if its increase.
Activity: 420
Merit: 102
When we make huge profit in crypto like 10 times profit, we should be withdraw half of the profit in to fiat. Lock profit in to fiat is should be and we also should have target profit . Avoid greedy and not patient because this emotional only bring us to big loss. Make better portfolio of investment and fiat should be more than 50% and never put all money in to crypto.
Activity: 80
I have stocks and bonds
my strategy goes the same way.
buy when the price is low-when people is dumping, its risky but select a few that has potential or simply dirt cheap
sell when the price is higher when you bought around 10% is enough.
the idea is to circulate, buy and sell as much as possible.
That's a lot of work but it lowers the risks of holding when the market is unpredictable.
Activity: 2436
Merit: 343
My strategy for holding is to just keep it away from my hot funds and that is by having a hardware wallet or a cold storage which is very effective for me because i don't feel any needs of pulling out my fund since it is separated from the hot funds and i keep it on a safe place outside my room so i will feel lazy if i am going to use my hardware wallet.
copper member
Activity: 376
Merit: 1
I won’t really say I’m an investor but my strategy is very simple and plain

I sell the huge pumps and buy te dumps
In other words, but the rumour and when the news comes around. Do ensure to sell the news and take in your profit

Awesome strategy, though it has its cons, employ this also but always have a stop loss target in case it goes otherwise
copper member
Activity: 376
Merit: 1
I won’t really say I’m an investor but my strategy is very simple and plain

I sell the huge pumps and buy te dumps
In other words, but the rumour and when the news comes around. Do ensure to sell the news and take in your profit
Activity: 618
Merit: 250
Well, such as nice question that I also feel confused and curious about the answers form most bictointalk member. I myself has simple strategy. I will analyze more the coins that are appropriate for holding that have the products. Then, I will choose the right coins for trading that have very unstable price.

just to be honest, I don't have any strategy that uaed in holding or seing the coins. I just need an riht timing. yeah. example ia when the market is on color red, it is obvious that we need to hold only. it is a common sense if we sell it in the low price. so we need only to hold and we have to set a price target to get what price we want to achieve.
Buy or hold investors still need to take price fluctuations into account, and they must pay attention ongoing performance. Naturally, the price at which you invest affects the potential profits you'll make from its sale. So it makes sense to buy a price you believe is reasonable. While you hold it's also important to watch for signs that your investment isn't going the direction you planned.
Pages:
Jump to: