Pages:
Author

Topic: What is your trading style? - page 6. (Read 691 times)

Activity: 462
Merit: 250
August 05, 2018, 11:10:20 AM
It would be interesting to know what your trading methods and style are?   and how successful your strategy is?

I have been trading for less than a year.  At the momement I mostly like to trade BTC and ETH due to the 5* leverage on Kraken.

Up until now, I have been trying to be a trend reversal trader.   I mostly try and use RSI divergence on various timeframes (however prefer 4h), as well as using the MACD and the histogram as complimentary tools.

I also use EMA 12/26 (cradle zone , area between the two EMA's) as support and resistence, as price action frequently bounces of these averages.

Usually i buy if price dropped. And some time i do day trading this is one of my strategy. If u want to learn more about trading u should follow this website bitcoinwisdom.com for future updates and btc technical chart.
Activity: 224
Merit: 0
August 05, 2018, 09:01:01 AM
It is waiting, waiting for long time will give us many opportunities to sell pennies at high prices, so I think we should be patient waiting for holding the opportunity will come to you.
Activity: 266
Merit: 10
August 05, 2018, 08:36:33 AM
This kind of questions has been asked so many times here. I am not a margin trader because it is too risky, so I simply follow the golden rule only: buy low and sell high. I use very simple techniques using combination between fibonacci, moving averages, and volumes. I think you don't a lot of indicators, if you are good at price action.
legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1622
August 05, 2018, 08:11:24 AM
It would be interesting to know what your trading methods and style are?   and how successful your strategy is?

I have been trading for less than a year.  At the momement I mostly like to trade BTC and ETH due to the 5* leverage on Kraken.

Up until now, I have been trying to be a trend reversal trader.   I mostly try and use RSI divergence on various timeframes (however prefer 4h), as well as using the MACD and the histogram as complimentary tools.

I also use EMA 12/26 (cradle zone , area between the two EMA's) as support and resistence, as price action frequently bounces of these averages.

My strategy is to buy low and sell high Smiley

Now seriously ... crypto market is too speculative and too shallow to trade on indicators because they are beeing destroyed by big investors or big speculats. After each indicator beeing destroyed by big investors makes small to fomo or panic. Thats where my trades appear. I buy panic and sell hope or short fomo and close at panic. I dont use indicators for that because they can be used only when market is "boring". It will give you few good trades and than 1 fail trade with exiting on panic (where i buy).
Activity: 47
Merit: 1
August 05, 2018, 07:46:27 AM
It would be interesting to know what your trading methods and style are?  and how successful your strategy is?

I have been trading for less than a year.  At the momement I mostly like to trade BTC and ETH due to the 5* leverage on Kraken.

Up until now, I have been trying to be a trend reversal trader.   I mostly try and use RSI divergence on various timeframes (however prefer 4h) in undersold and oversold conditions, as well as using the MACD and the histogram as complimentary tools.

The histogram IMO is one of the earliest indicators for a change in trend that I know off.

Over the last few months I have been trying to learn the breakout/breakdown Strategy.  When the price becomes very very tight and within a narrow range it is usually followed by an explosive break up or down.  Knowing the important suppport and resistence (for me i use the 4hr/daily) and then anticipating, if and when they get broken will very likely result in significant price movement in that direction following accordingly.

I lastly look at the Vwap and use it similar to the EMA's becuase many many traders use vwap too for entries and exits.

Pages:
Jump to: