Pages:
Author

Topic: What language would you like to learn (speaking) the most? - page 3. (Read 3655 times)

Activity: 644
Merit: 500
I'm fluent in English, and Spanish. I know German. I know a bit of Japanese, because I just happen to watch a ton of anime. But I want to learn more, because, ugh, I love their culture.
Activity: 11
Merit: 0
I wanted to learn the korean language.
Activity: 61
Merit: 10
Italian, Latin, French, Chinese, Japanese, (English can be improved too Smiley)
Activity: 318
Merit: 250
Japanes or china.
Activity: 448
I want to learn Japanese because it seems interesting and the culture is interesting. I would LOVE to visit Japan one day.Also speak fluent english,spanish and french
Activity: 462
Merit: 251
I always wanted to learn Japanese too, their way of speaking is so pleasant to listen to. Writing is so difficult though. In reality I'll probably try to learn Spanish or Italian, latin based langiages are the easiest. 
Activity: 224
Merit: 100
I'd love to learn Spanish. People always say french was such a nice language to listen to. I recently had people from Spain sitting next to me in cinema in cologne and I overheard them talking in Spanish: It's such a nice fluent language. It just sounded beautiful. Much better than french. But maybe I am biased because the people happened to be nice looking women Wink.
Activity: 392
Currently I can speak only  2 languages and now working hard for 2 more taking too much time but I am also trying hard for them German and French I love to learn them
legendary
Activity: 854
Merit: 1000
For fun: French
From a business point of view: Mandarin
Activity: 127
Merit: 100
I like to learn
1. French,
2. Mandarin,
3. Russian,
4. Germany.
Activity: 728
Crypto-ideologist
Thanks for the advice.  I"m going to learn Spanish.  I've always wanted to learn it so if I can find Rosetta Stone and the price is right I'll be sure to grab it!   Wink

mmh, rosetta stone use a particolar full immersion approach that imaho could be useful only if you are very young.
Just for hobby i tried it (for japanese) and even if i was able to aswer correctly to the quiz inside RS, at the end i was still confused.
That happens because they don't show you the translation of the words. They show only pictures, so sometimes you could mistake the word "child" with "son" or "nephew".

If u get it free, try it, but if you want pay full price, think twice.

Activity: 1008
Merit: 501
i like to learn Japanese or Chinese! Xingling
Activity: 728
Crypto-ideologist

Italian without doubt
So soothing to the ear, so mellifluous!

i have always had a interest in learning the Sicilian accent and language and mix english and Sicilian , you know like they do in mafia movies ,, its pretty cool , Cheesy

Wow, i'm really surprised about the popularity of italian language here

But le me understand ...
maybe because i'm italian motherlanguage, but i don't find it so "beautiful" nor "useful".

I'm realizing that the coolness of italian language is mainly derived from movies  Smiley

I think that would be better learn wide spoken languages like chinese, spanish, arabic .

However, if you learn italian you will be able to understand (very roughly) a bit of spanish, Portuguese, french, and a dead language like latin.

legendary
Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427
Spain and German would be cool, but don't have time for it  Angry
legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1001
I would like to learn Japanese or Chinese Smiley or German Smiley
Activity: 42
French and Italian sound like nice languages. I've never bothered to learn another though.
Activity: 70
Merit: 10
Arabic and chinese
Activity: 13
Activity: 798
Time is on our side, yes it is!
Thanks for the advice.  I"m going to learn Spanish.  I've always wanted to learn it so if I can find Rosetta Stone and the price is right I'll be sure to grab it!   Wink
legendary
Activity: 3066
Merit: 1348
I speak three languages already. I was brought up speaking one language to my mother, one language at home and one in school. I can now say I fully understand them all, but can only speak and write fluently in two of them.
If I could learn another, I'd like to learn Chinese. Truth it's, that's unrealistic. So, I'd probably go for Spanish. It's relatively easy and quite similar to French.

I find that fascinating that you were able to learn 3 languages as a child.  At a time when a persons mind is ready to absorb so much information I'm wondering how hard it would be for me an adult.  I must admit you envy you and I hope you able to use your linguistic ability for many things in the future.

Thanks Smiley
I'll admit that as much as I try, I still respond to my mother in English despite her only speaking French to me. It has proved to be handy before when abroad and also making some exams easier too. I should definitely try to practice using it more.
If you're looking for good tools, I recommend Rosetta Stone. It's an expensive kit, but you can pick some language courses up quite cheaply online.
Pages:
Jump to: