Pages:
Author

Topic: What language would you like to learn (speaking) the most? - page 4. (Read 3655 times)

Activity: 588
Merit: 500
Will Bitcoin Rise Again to $60,000?
Japanese, mainly because of the anime/manga I've been watching ever since I was a kid. Love the culture.
Chinese would also be very handy to know.

Right now I speak 4 languages fluently and am wondering which one to target next. Wink
Activity: 798
Time is on our side, yes it is!
I speak three languages already. I was brought up speaking one language to my mother, one language at home and one in school. I can now say I fully understand them all, but can only speak and write fluently in two of them.
If I could learn another, I'd like to learn Chinese. Truth it's, that's unrealistic. So, I'd probably go for Spanish. It's relatively easy and quite similar to French.

I find that fascinating that you were able to learn 3 languages as a child.  At a time when a persons mind is ready to absorb so much information I'm wondering how hard it would be for me an adult.  I must admit you envy you and I hope you able to use your linguistic ability for many things in the future.
Learning spoken language is actually fairly easy, but when you try to learn Hiragana and Katakana it's like somebody just vomited a load of weird characters on the screen, even worse when it's kanji, I still haven't understood how you link up the characters to make the full words yet.

Any online tutorials/lessons I've found have done this typical thing of skipping over the part you really need Sad

I was just thinking the same thing myself.  The "characters"  looks so confusing to me and it would be nice to understand that also and things like calligraphy also intrigue me.
legendary
Activity: 3066
Merit: 1348
I speak three languages already. I was brought up speaking one language to my mother, one language at home and one in school. I can now say I fully understand them all, but can only speak and write fluently in two of them.
If I could learn another, I'd like to learn Chinese. Truth it's, that's unrealistic. So, I'd probably go for Spanish. It's relatively easy and quite similar to French.
Activity: 42
Merit: 0
i have always had a interest in learning the Sicilian accent and language and mix english and Sicilian , you know like they do in mafia movies ,, its pretty cool , Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000
Learning spoken language is actually fairly easy, but when you try to learn Hiragana and Katakana it's like somebody just vomited a load of weird characters on the screen, even worse when it's kanji, I still haven't understood how you link up the characters to make the full words yet.

Any online tutorials/lessons I've found have done this typical thing of skipping over the part you really need Sad
I already speak 3 languages. I want to learn to more french and chinese.  Smiley

Wow three huh, nice!  What languages do you speak if you don't mind me asking?  Also do you do alot of traveling or is it just a hobby of yours?  Last question, did you go to school to learn or another method?
Activity: 644
Russian and French
i want to speak that language
but french accent is too difficult
legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1195
French. I did it at school but forgot most of it and could never grasp the accent so I sounded quite stupid. I never really had the confidence to pull it off.
Activity: 274
Merit: 250
Italian or French.
Activity: 274
I only know English Sad I always wanted to learn Spanish but was too lazy.
legendary
Activity: 2562
Merit: 1071
I'm currently torn between German and Russian; I've spent more time with German so far, also on Duolingo, but I really like Russian. Roll Eyes
Activity: 490
Farsi, I just think it sounds outstanding and while I do understand words, I would love to speak and understand it well
Activity: 490
Spanish, I find it great to listen to as well as being widely spoken and therefore very useful
legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1005
★Nitrogensports.eu★
The easiest language to learn are spanish and italian. You can pretty much learn these languages by yourself just fron online course. I always wanted to learn english on some higher level, basics seems simple enough and easy to understand but to know english on a master level is really not that simple at all.
Activity: 154
Merit: 100
First, I'd like to finish learning French since I started learning when I was in elementary. But I would like to study Italian, i think it's really useful and a really beautiful language.
Activity: 392
I can speak three languages myself, but i'm still learning spanish whenever i have free time in my hands.
I found online spanish course to be a helpful resource there's a lot but currently i'm following them.
Activity: 74
Merit: 10
I already speak 3 languages. I want to learn to more french and chinese.  Smiley
For me I've had an interest in Japanese, but I've also been interested in Russian and Spanish.

For the par I would like to learn German I guess as well because my heritage is German.

On a side note besides duolingo does anyone know of any good sites to learn enough to become somewhat fluent?

Hard to pick one but two that come to mind at the moment would be Spanish.  Another I'd think would be Japanese or maybe even French.  I wish I could learn 7 languages, that would be so awesome.
Activity: 64
Merit: 10
Japanese is Very difficult,You need to spend a lot of time.
Pages:
Jump to: