Pages:
Author

Topic: What Makes Bitcoin Valuable? - page 10. (Read 4833 times)

Activity: 1316
Merit: 126
July 06, 2019, 01:47:20 PM
I have not read any books about bitcoin or crypto, but it did not prevent me from trading and understanding how it works
Me too, I never read any books about crypto or bitcoin and only getting knowledge and ideas about it on bitcointalk. I don`t have time to read, I just ride with the flow and make money.

Same here, I only understand crypto from articles and videos that I watched, I don't think it is necessary to go to a university just to know bitcoin when you can do self study. And for me, the thing that made bitcoin valuable is its volatility, in which it can give big returns if done correctly.
Activity: 2352
Merit: 594
July 07, 2019, 03:04:59 AM
Imo bitcoin's value is what it makes valuable. People see an opportunity to earn from bitcoin so they invest on it. If bitcoin has low value today I'm sure it won't be popular. If it has no use on the future technology no institutions will acknowledge it. People will find other where they can benefit to it,
Activity: 1162
Merit: 516
1BTC Welcome Bonus
July 06, 2019, 01:49:23 PM
I have not read any books about bitcoin or crypto, but it did not prevent me from trading and understanding how it works
Me too, I never read any books about crypto or bitcoin and only getting knowledge and ideas about it on bitcointalk. I don`t have time to read, I just ride with the flow and make money.

Reading book kind of things will not helpful for any investor or any crypto service people to survive in the crypto industry. if anyone ask me who makes Bitcoin valuable means I will say we as a crypto community users onely boosting up Bitcoin price up as well as down. However this video is very good for people who wish to learn about it.
Activity: 819
Merit: 251
July 06, 2019, 01:31:07 PM
Yup, I agree in the statement. Some people just use bitcoin because of the value and they don't even understand what makes the value of bitcoin right. So they are just ended up knows nothing about it. Bitcoin is decentralized so there is no government that can manipulate the value, people who invest are the one who's in control of the price/value.
Supply and demand like in the real world is also applied in bitcoin and that's what makes Bitcoin Valuable. Decentralization and Security.
legendary
Activity: 2646
Merit: 1106
Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI
July 06, 2019, 12:53:56 PM
Everyone are good in reading books, I personally understand when someone explains to me. Whether it is bitcoin or something else, further when I go through articles it'll give a better understanding. There isn't specific book that gives perfect data relative to bitcoin. These days our forum and news sources were the one that gives more info about the bitcoin and other events happening around.

The value of bitcoin is derived out of the technology as well the decentralized functioning with the limitation on the supply.
Activity: 31
Merit: 1
July 06, 2019, 12:34:23 PM

"riding with the flow" is a surefire way to never make money
Activity: 798
Merit: 255
July 06, 2019, 09:36:24 AM
Activity: 409
Merit: 100
July 06, 2019, 09:10:12 AM
Bitcoin in my own understanding was a decentralized based system, on which is the reason most of the government by each country hate and opposing it not to regulate also. And Bitcoin also was very useful in terms of sending money thru remittances in any place of the world then can also be use for payment online and others merchants accepted it as mode of payment to their business too.
July 06, 2019, 08:28:49 AM
Are the information you found on this book cannot be found else where on the internet? And is the information here are just speculation?

The information found in the book summarizes the thinking in the Austrian school of economics, it's the foundational book for understanding why money has value, pulling on hundreds of years of economic theory.
Activity: 1722
Merit: 309
July 06, 2019, 01:12:59 AM

Very well, you don't need books or go to a university just to understand and study crypto or bitcoin, there's a lot of videos, articles or documentaries that you can find in the internet and you can study it yourself. Moreover, there's no shortcuts in learning crypto, you have to learn it little by little for you to understand it correctly.
Activity: 448
Merit: 10
July 06, 2019, 01:47:55 AM
Are the information you found on this book cannot be found else where on the internet? And is the information here are just speculation?
legendary
Activity: 2520
Merit: 1040
Catalog Websites
July 05, 2019, 10:34:01 PM
Speculation is the main reason why Bitcoin has value right now.

Aside from the news who greatly affects the price of Bitcoin, investors who are speculating its price help too to make it valuable. If the investors know that it will rise then they will buy and vice versa.
Activity: 2366
Merit: 366
July 05, 2019, 10:29:13 PM
I am not sure if a lot of people here, including those who really want to learn more about Bitcoin, is eager enough to read a book to know Bitcoin more. Most probably, they would just choose the most convenient way. The internet is full of articles explaining point by point what bitcoin is. There are also lots of videos about it. They might just choose to watch a video rather than read a book. It keeps them from sleeping.
July 05, 2019, 10:10:01 PM
The Bitcoin Standard is the first book I've ever read to simply explain the properties that make money valuable.

If there were such a thing as a 'Bitcoin University', Satoshi's white paper would be covered on day one, and this book would be covered on day two.

Get up to speed on your Bitcoin education.

https://youtu.be/T4ltMvjGO5Y
I haven't read any books related to Bitcoin yet I do already get the on point purpose on just reading up its Whitepaper on the

first day,it may not be on technical aspects but you can fully understand and get the right idea on what makes BTC as a valuable thing.

Understanding the fundamental properties that make money valuable is not just to help improve your understanding of Bitcoin.
It will also help you avoid all the useless shitcoins out there. More of them will pop up over time, and it's helpful to know whether or not they're actually worth anything.
Activity: 1722
Merit: 528
July 05, 2019, 10:04:31 PM
Thanks for the book recommendation.

I will be checking some malls close to our place that might have that book. I am not a bookworm but I think I can read this while I am having some free times or breaks. It can also be my sleeping companion.
Activity: 532
Merit: 11
♦♦♦♦♦
July 05, 2019, 09:28:21 PM
Valueable? i think because the total supply of bitcoin only 21 M and almost hit 18 M right now (only 3 million left) Just wondering what happend when the total supply circulation hit 21 M. And high demand make it more valueable. Also bitcoin utility for the future will make the price get higher than now.
Activity: 1330
Merit: 256
July 05, 2019, 07:02:28 PM
I don't have a special book to read tutorials about the concept of Bitcoin.  but I only read from every article about blockchain.  I don't study doctrine, but I have a bitcoin community that can help me learn trading, investment and how to avoid bearish.
Activity: 686
Merit: 108
July 05, 2019, 06:59:38 PM

I felt the same way before I read the book. Now I know how wrong I was.
We can really trade without knowing the full story of cryptocurrency, its a choice if you really want to know more and understand its origin the you can do a lot of studies. I do read books before and they are just theories but because of that i’ve learn a lot so somehow its worth it.
Activity: 677
Merit: 250
July 05, 2019, 06:57:06 PM
price and total supply? maybe you can pay attention now. both are very influential and maybe now both will continue to determine how valuable bitcoin is in cryptocurrency
Activity: 630
Merit: 123
Join @Bountycloud for the best bounties!
July 05, 2019, 06:52:42 PM
Bitcoin makes valuable anonymity. Bad guys who own something that is not legal, completely support bitcoin, because it's hard to see where transactions are going to.
Pages:
Jump to: