Pages:
Author

Topic: What plans do you have for your BTC stash? - page 3. (Read 8265 times)

Activity: 37
Merit: 0
I plan on holding onto the because spending is really no option for me, I think that spending Bitcoin is a waist if you use them as an investment.
You should then only hold on to them and sell them when you can make a profit.

That is my plan as well. I bought some bitcoin when the price drop to $480 recently. I will hold for long term.
legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1024
I was toying with emptying a crappy paying savings account and buying a handful coins a few months ago with the intention of offloading them after a short term rise without touching my original amount.

Now it's here, and this rise would've done me fine but of course I failed to get around to it, I'm wondering what everyone else's strategies are.

Do people have set price levels that they'll divest some or all either up or down from here, hold all of them until the concept of selling them becomes ludicrous or somewhere in the middle?

You are not getting it and are still deeply infected by the fiat disease. Why would anyone in his/her right money exchange sound money (Bitcoin) into crappy money (fiat)? The point of owning Bitcoin is not speculating on the inevitable devaluation of fiat currency (leading to a corresponding price increase of Bitcoin), the point is ending the era of the fiat scam altogether. The correct anchor point for value comparisons is Bitcoin, not fiat, which is subject to interventionist policy and inflationary devaluation.

So my "strategy" for Bitcoin is pretty simple: Buy, hodl, and use it as money to buy goods and services. I'm glad that it's still possible to get something as valuable as Bitcoin for all the fiat junk - thanks to all the trader type speculators that are eager to sell it... Cheesy

ya.ya.yo!
Activity: 644
Merit: 261
My plan is to use half of my BTC for now in trading and the other half I will hold for future use. My trading capital is still small that's why when I buy bitcoin I will use half as an addition to my trading capital and the other half I will hold.
Activity: 1456
Merit: 579
HODLing is an art, not just a word...
my plan is hodling bitcoin until it becomes a global currency and reaches an stage when i can spend it everywhere just like fiat and then i will take it out of my cold storage and start spending and by then my stash would be worth a lot.

and until then i will only spend when i need to and try my best to add to my stash over time.
Activity: 616
Merit: 500
I plan on holding onto the because spending is really no option for me, I think that spending Bitcoin is a waist if you use them as an investment.
You should then only hold on to them and sell them when you can make a profit.
Activity: 546
For now, hold. I see this one as a new bubble starting. It could still stop before it gets crazy but if it does, I'll sell maybe 10% of my stack around the 1000-1200$ mark and than see how I feel the rest.

Next bubble could climb around 4-5k. Stabilize down to 1000$ after. I'm guessing this looking at how the first bubbles happened
I plan on holding on to that until a price comes by that I want to sell my coins for, I think that I will sell when the price is $1000.
I will not sell them all because there is always a chance that the price is going to be higher after I sold.
Activity: 770
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
Sad When I remember how much I sold  BTC at a price $ 4 ..... now I prefer to keep them.
well yeah, it is definitely not worth selling at those low prices right now in my opinion, thats why i never sell my bitcoins and wait for huge pumps in the future
legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1005
★Nitrogensports.eu★
I strongly believe that if you are no a pro investor or speculator then the best option for you is just forget about your bitcoin stash for a moment.
You can occasional add coins to it, but don't sell. Wake up in - say - 4 or 5 years around 2020 and see what happened to the price.

Important part is NOT to believe in any FUD stories about supposed bitcoin collapse. It won't collapse even if superior coins will emerge in the future.
I think that long-term holding strategies could work, potentially speaking, but you should also check the value of Bitcoin at least once every week if you're doing that, to make sure your investment isn't losing more than you want in the event that it does go down.

Bitcoin will more than likely never be surpassed, even if superior coins emerge, because no-one will know about them or really care about them.
What I meant is that altcoins will never match Bitcoin because the distribution of bitcoin is considered to be perfect only because at some point Bitcoin had absolutely no value.
There can be technically advanced coins created with better properties that bitcoin, faster confirmation times, more anonymous or with anti scam safeguard.
But there will be no coin which manifest this particular characteristic of Bitcoin - near perfect initial distribution.
Activity: 616
Sad When I remember how much I sold  BTC at a price $ 4 ..... now I prefer to keep them.
I do not have any plans with my stash at the moment, I am just going to wait for the moment that I can sell some coins.
Spending them is not an option at the moment because I do not really need anything that I can buy with Bitcoin.
legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1007
I strongly believe that if you are no a pro investor or speculator then the best option for you is just forget about your bitcoin stash for a moment.
You can occasional add coins to it, but don't sell. Wake up in - say - 4 or 5 years around 2020 and see what happened to the price.

Important part is NOT to believe in any FUD stories about supposed bitcoin collapse. It won't collapse even if superior coins will emerge in the future.
I think that long-term holding strategies could work, potentially speaking, but you should also check the value of Bitcoin at least once every week if you're doing that, to make sure your investment isn't losing more than you want in the event that it does go down.

Bitcoin will more than likely never be surpassed, even if superior coins emerge, because no-one will know about them or really care about them.
legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1005
★Nitrogensports.eu★

Activity: 37
Merit: 0
In order to increase my bitcoins, I will sell some when we have a price increase and then buy back when it drops again. It's not easy to catch the highs and lows and you never know if it will just go up and never come back down, so there are risks to doing this.

I do not have a real good plan for my bitcoin stash but what I'm doing now is holding it for a while and wait on a good price.
I really hope with the halving that is coming this year I can make some good money but of course we will see if this is possible.

I use some bitcoin to pay for some service. Otherwise, I have no use. So I will save them. The price will rise any way.
Activity: 266
Merit: 250
In order to increase my bitcoins, I will sell some when we have a price increase and then buy back when it drops again. It's not easy to catch the highs and lows and you never know if it will just go up and never come back down, so there are risks to doing this.

I do not have a real good plan for my bitcoin stash but what I'm doing now is holding it for a while and wait on a good price.
I really hope with the halving that is coming this year I can make some good money but of course we will see if this is possible.
Activity: 364
Merit: 254
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
Activity: 294
Why would your goal be to sell them in the end? That's really ass-backwards. If you just HODL your coins you wouldn't have to worry about the ups and downs.. just let it ride and someday you'll look back and think $1000/BTC was cheap.
Yeah but getting it sold and bought back can make you bigger profit.If you do it smart,i would prefer it than just waiting
for BTC go to moon.Maybe it will happen maybe it will not.
For me its better to predict the price and get money on fluctuations.
Activity: 462
I'm planning to sell some items in my house that I don't use anymore and proceeds will be converted to BTC and I think like 30% of my pay this payday will be converted to BTC, looks like this climb will not stop till end of this year and I want to take advantage of this.
I think that I am going to hold on to my Bitcoins and see what is going happen with the value of the Bitcoin, after that I am going to decide what I am going to with my stash.
So I do not know yet what I am going to do with my stash.
Activity: 770
yeah, i remember those times too, its a pity that i did not get into bitcoin back then and that i did not invest a lot of money into it when bitcoin was at a really low price

i dont have any big plans right now to be honest, i am going to hold only until bitcoin either reaches really huge prices or it replaces the money of the whole world we have right now
legendary
Activity: 966
Merit: 1042
Why would your goal be to sell them in the end? That's really ass-backwards. If you just HODL your coins you wouldn't have to worry about the ups and downs.. just let it ride and someday you'll look back and think $1000/BTC was cheap.
legendary
Activity: 2884
Merit: 1258
Hire Bitcointalk Camp. Manager @ r7promotions.com
I'm planning to sell some items in my house that I don't use anymore and proceeds will be converted to BTC and I think like 30% of my pay this payday will be converted to BTC, looks like this climb will not stop till end of this year and I want to take advantage of this.
I do not have really big plans for my Bitcoin stash I am just holding on to them for the future because I really want to sell right now but I cannot.
If I am going to sell right now then I am going to make less money, so I wait for the price to be higher.

I think you are speculating that bitcoin will at least reach one thousand US dollar, so you are hugging your Bitcoins that tight coz you are worried that selling them at this point will make you lose about 300USD if it hit 1k USD.  Why not roll it to investment?  If it is the legit one, it will at least multiply your holdings.
Activity: 462
I do not have really big plans for my Bitcoin stash I am just holding on to them for the future because I really want to sell right now but I cannot.
If I am going to sell right now then I am going to make less money, so I wait for the price to be higher.
Pages:
Jump to: