Pages:
Author

Topic: What should you do in bearish market? - page 10. (Read 20690 times)

Activity: 2884
Merit: 794
I am terrible at Fantasy Football!!!
April 09, 2019, 05:04:02 PM
The hardest part is recognizing the bottom. We all know that buying at the bottom is the right thing to do, but in reality we keep asking ourselves "Are we there yet?".

Putting aside over 90% of all existing coins and tokens, let's talk about established ones. Being around for years, those coins have small chances of disappearing completely, so we can try to invest in them. So, here's my advice on when to start buying. Look at a coin's charts, and if its current price is around or less than 10% of what it used to be at some point in the past, we are most likely at the bottom, so there are great chances of that you can't go wrong with buying this coin.
While catching the bottom without a doubt is something that is very difficult to do and very few traders are capable of consistently investing during the period in which the coin reaches its lowest price the truth is you do not really need to invest at the bottom, as long as you have a very clear investing or trading strategy then you can still obtain great profits by capturing most of the movement of the coin but this requires two things that are not very easy to get, one is to have a winning strategy and the second is to follow that strategy no matter what.

To tell the truth, I'm pessimistic on the possibility of existence of such a strategy. Buying-low-Selling-high only looks easy to follow, but in reality you never know where the market is going from a particular point. I can assure you that many people sold a lot of their coins, "to buy more later at lower price", when Bitcoin hit $2,800+ for the first time ever in Aug 2017. But the truth is that the price was never lower than that since then.
Such a strategy is very elusive and according to many economists it is impossible to beat the markets in a consistent way, however there are many traders with decades of consistent profits that defy that explanation but as you may guess they keep their secrets very well guarded because who is going to give away the secret of making money in the markets to anyone, but the existence of those traders may seem to indicate that there is in fact a strategy that can allow you to make money in the markets in a consistent way and the only thing that you need to do is to find it.
Activity: 1190
Merit: 541
April 09, 2019, 03:33:31 PM
When condition of market still lower price I will keep holding my assets and take buck for buying and investing my money, after price raised up I will sell all of it and buy back again after price is down, doing the same thing every time.
Yup that’s a good idea. When you buy coins and the price happens to drop to a low price, you can still buy more coins and add to the little ones you have and wait for when the price will go up again. When it does increase in price again you will be able to make a lot of profit as the price goes up and extra profits if it goes up above the first rate you bought at. But there are people who wouldn’t have patience and just rush to sell at loss.

Still, the thing is that it is difficult to tell when the price has gotten to the bottom. Even if you do it as you have said, waiting for the price to drop to a certain and starts to go back up, it is possible that it can go back a bit and starts to drop again before you know about what’s happening. Just like how it has been in 2018, no one even thought it would go down to this level. So my best advise is that people with no experience should invest what they can lose, if the price doesn’t go up, then they wouldn’t bother much.
Activity: 1610
Merit: 372
April 09, 2019, 03:26:44 PM
The bear market is an extremely dangerous place for inexperienced traders, and quite safe for experienced investors. Personally, I prefer to buy on strong drawdowns of altcoins during a bearish trend, even if you have to wait a few months to collect profits, for me this is the best option.
Activity: 1078
Merit: 501
April 09, 2019, 03:24:43 PM
When condition of market still lower price I will keep holding my assets and take buck for buying and investing my money, after price raised up I will sell all of it and buy back again after price is down, doing the same thing every time.
You are planning really well we should buy when the price is down then hold and wait, most it is not all the time bearish in market as if one day the price is down you can buy and hold until it recovers, waiting is the best thing to do at bearish market because price recovery takes time and to make money we will have to wait for our investment rise high in price.
Activity: 882
Merit: 269
April 09, 2019, 07:56:15 AM
Doing this samething accurately is what makes you a professional trader.  Buying low and selling high is not as easy as we think and we should be able to make some analysis before investing and the skills and intelligence to analyze the market is the problem most of us face.
Activity: 653
Merit: 10
April 09, 2019, 03:27:07 AM
legendary
Activity: 1204
Merit: 1028
April 09, 2019, 02:37:33 AM
The best thing a wise investor would ever do in a bear market is to keep accumulating more to the fullest of his capacity, bear markets are always a form of blessing in disguise, I don’t think there is anyone that has ever invested in bear market that regrets it.

I mean those that invested in very good projects and not shitcoins, most bear market investors end up becoming rich when the bull comes but the key to these investment are some of the things the OP listed, knowledge is power, especially when dealing with ICOs to put it money into, we have to have good knowledge about their product and team so we don’t get to waste our time on projects that are not worth it.

It seems that we have already moved out of bearish markets still this must be the right time to accumulate as much as we are able to, but within affordable limits. Instead of these, I do see many people have started to profit booking as they are already into profit zones as bitcoin has showed more than $1k price movements. These people will cry when they do see bitcoins will be testing $10k levels by next month Roll Eyes.
Activity: 1092
Merit: 501
April 08, 2019, 02:55:44 AM
I also think like you. I just got a lot of money, that's $ 4,000 from some projects I did. but now I'm quite puzzled about investing because I don't know what a potential altcoin is and how to test it. I need books that only invest and analyze. Which book are you reading? Please introduce me. thank you
It is not that hard to know which coin is worth investing and potentious one, because there are so many expert investor who can give you good ideas about best coin, right now when the market is not fully bull, I trust only bitcoin which has more potential and it can rise higher in price more than my expectation so I am not worry because in bearish the only thing I use to do in bearish is holding and buying more.
Activity: 464
April 08, 2019, 12:20:27 AM
When market is bearish and lower price I will keep holding and make re investing my money at some altcoin and  bitcoin, I never panic when faced moment bitcoin and altcoin in lower price because I think bitcoin will be back to higher price.
well, that is a common thing when bear markets occur. the majority of people will hold their assets in order to avoid large losses, and wait for prices to recover. however, some people also make large-scale sales to stop losses. but, basically, I hold my set when the bear market occurs
holding our asset in bearish moment was be best strategy for us.i am sure we will not loss our money as long as we hold it.and now most of cryptocurrency market start its recovery now.
there is no other thing we can do in bearish market except holding our portofolio.maybe we could improve our skill in analizing or even make some observing to coins in cryptocurrency market.in this bearish market many thing we could to in order to forget our asset value for a while.and its very effective for us.
i do the same too,in my faith someday cryptocurrency price will recovered again,i don't know when it happen but i am sure bullish trend will coming and our asset value will increase too.
Activity: 980
Merit: 250
April 08, 2019, 12:04:32 AM
When market is bearish and lower price I will keep holding and make re investing my money at some altcoin and  bitcoin, I never panic when faced moment bitcoin and altcoin in lower price because I think bitcoin will be back to higher price.
well, that is a common thing when bear markets occur. the majority of people will hold their assets in order to avoid large losses, and wait for prices to recover. however, some people also make large-scale sales to stop losses. but, basically, I hold my set when the bear market occurs
holding our asset in bearish moment was be best strategy for us.i am sure we will not loss our money as long as we hold it.and now most of cryptocurrency market start its recovery now.
there is no other thing we can do in bearish market except holding our portofolio.maybe we could improve our skill in analizing or even make some observing to coins in cryptocurrency market.in this bearish market many thing we could to in order to forget our asset value for a while.and its very effective for us.
Activity: 784
Merit: 250
April 07, 2019, 11:38:26 PM
Activity: 1736
Merit: 731
Catalog Websites
April 07, 2019, 11:25:41 PM
Activity: 1492
Merit: 269
April 07, 2019, 11:02:20 PM
Activity: 644
Merit: 117
swing!
April 07, 2019, 09:29:23 PM
Everyone does try catching the bottom and lost more they could afford, of course I would be emotionally atfected, but not for long until I studied some of the symptoms as well counter measures in future, broader knowledge of the market always favourable. Recently just got in shorting positions which seems to be reasonable to be part of my trading strategies
Activity: 1414
Merit: 516
April 07, 2019, 04:32:52 PM
Some people say that on bear market, but on red and sell on green, but maybe some people lost faifth on bitcoin and other coins when they see in past month the price goes down and down and they think if the price goes too much down, better i sell now and maybe they lost some money. But in bear market better invest only some low amount of money and wait to see how is going, the be sorry later, but if choose coins who have good price in past can always be a good bet.
Activity: 364
April 07, 2019, 01:55:23 PM
Well, I even doubt if there are people who will divert attention by reading books or seeking other information when the market is bearish. Some things will also be a wrong step for investors. Its better to keep our eyes on the market and get some price in the bottom
legendary
Activity: 3374
Merit: 2198
I stand with Ukraine.
April 07, 2019, 12:38:52 PM
The hardest part is recognizing the bottom. We all know that buying at the bottom is the right thing to do, but in reality we keep asking ourselves "Are we there yet?".

Putting aside over 90% of all existing coins and tokens, let's talk about established ones. Being around for years, those coins have small chances of disappearing completely, so we can try to invest in them. So, here's my advice on when to start buying. Look at a coin's charts, and if its current price is around or less than 10% of what it used to be at some point in the past, we are most likely at the bottom, so there are great chances of that you can't go wrong with buying this coin.
While catching the bottom without a doubt is something that is very difficult to do and very few traders are capable of consistently investing during the period in which the coin reaches its lowest price the truth is you do not really need to invest at the bottom, as long as you have a very clear investing or trading strategy then you can still obtain great profits by capturing most of the movement of the coin but this requires two things that are not very easy to get, one is to have a winning strategy and the second is to follow that strategy no matter what.

To tell the truth, I'm pessimistic on the possibility of existence of such a strategy. Buying-low-Selling-high only looks easy to follow, but in reality you never know where the market is going from a particular point. I can assure you that many people sold a lot of their coins, "to buy more later at lower price", when Bitcoin hit $2,800+ for the first time ever in Aug 2017. But the truth is that the price was never lower than that since then.
copper member
Activity: 182
Merit: 18
Crypto.BI
April 07, 2019, 11:31:39 AM
I was a margin trader for more than a year now and bearish market isn't the issue for me. Unlike your tips, I do like the bottom because I have a chance to buy some coins at a cheaper price. Aside from that, entering a short entry in margin trading can also give me some profits. Rather than reading books, I do love to enter trading while the market is in the bear condition.

The trick is to know when the market has bottomed.

Easy guessing it wrong and then having to wait out a 50% drop from your average price.

Bitcoin sustained the U$ 3k region for months. So people are not willing to sell below 3k. That's a good support zone. But will this support give investors confidence to drive it 100% up to U$ 6k in short term? Can it get back to the ATH anytime soon?

So that's the problem: you never know when it's cheap because Bitcoin still doesn't have widespread adoption.

If we knew a coffee cup was worth 100 satoshi and that you could pay rent with X satoshi, then Bitcoin value would be easier to estimate. Right now everyone's just guessing what the value of BTC can be so we don't really know if U$ 5k is low or not, bottom or not.
Activity: 630
Merit: 20
April 07, 2019, 11:09:47 AM
I was a margin trader for more than a year now and bearish market isn't the issue for me. Unlike your tips, I do like the bottom because I have a chance to buy some coins at a cheaper price. Aside from that, entering a short entry in margin trading can also give me some profits. Rather than reading books, I do love to enter trading while the market is in the bear condition.
Activity: 1316
Merit: 126
April 07, 2019, 08:50:03 AM
A BEAR can lead your money into profit. I know in crypto community its hard to hold and wait. Your post is good and i am agree with you. We have to do some other activity in order to bear and wait. Also that's the great moment to grab more bitcoins. Because mostly investor wait for the dropping of price
in bearish moment we should doing another activity so we will not stress with it.maybe learning technical or observing coins in market could be good decision for us.so our knowledge improved.
You're right being involve with other activity can make our mind fresh and take away from doing any panic selling. By learning technical we not only save our money but increase the knowledge too
We usually feel bad when market dumps especially when it takes a year as it happen last year. It seems to be normal but we shouldn't have to make a huge deal with it cause it will turn us down badly. In some ways we can escaped from that by doing some stuffs which I usually did it. But I've learn something into this, instead to find another activities why we should have to take advantage of buying more potential coins. Its pretty sure we have a huge gains once in bounce back.
Pages:
Jump to: