Pages:
Author

Topic: What the hell are Crypto kitties? - page 19. (Read 29805 times)

Activity: 1316
Merit: 514
December 06, 2017, 10:47:23 AM
A game of time investments, The early buyers makes most money since they can sell the most cutie breed of kitties that fetch for a good price than the later breed of kitties.

But honestly, I will not buy into this game Cheesy Not Paying even .01 ETH for some fancy digital images of colored cats
Activity: 742
Merit: 10
December 06, 2017, 10:43:34 AM
its game.. virtual cat
you can give food and sell them again if they have children..
sucks people who joining that, it makes 25k tx id pending in blockchain ethereum
i think thats a PONZI game.. sometimes can "scam & run" bring your money
Activity: 59
Merit: 0
December 06, 2017, 10:27:07 AM
I myself have looked into Crypto Kitties and still don't entirely understand the concept. how do you breed or establish between male/female kitties? and how do you make money from it?

There is no male or female kitties) It's not hard to explain, but you can check official FAQ on their website.
Activity: 294
Merit: 114
December 06, 2017, 09:20:51 AM
I read some topics on reddit about crypto kitties and some people that they sold their kitties for 250ETH? WTF?
What is this ?

CryptoKitties is a game developed from blockchain and the first of its kind. Its similar from Tamagochi where you will purchase digital kitties to breed and collect. Whats make it different compared to a traditional pet game is that you can breed two CryptoKitties to create a unique kitty which cannot be replicate, stolen nor destroyed. Since these Kitties are tradeable that you can buy or sell, the main goal here is creating a rare type of kitty that will be valuable and in demand which you can sell at a higher price. It created a hype to a lot of people because of its effective marketing campaign, since its the first ever game created from crypto technology, many people supported it.
Activity: 224
Merit: 101
HEXCASH - Decentralized Fund
December 06, 2017, 09:17:33 AM
This is the game ethereum released earlier,it requires you to buy some kitties to get it breed and you can earn ethereum i guess?

Yes, that's right but I wonder why people are buying virtual kitties and cats today. What are those for? I'm confused or maybe someone in this thread knows how exactly the game was all about.
Activity: 224
Merit: 101
HEXCASH - Decentralized Fund
December 06, 2017, 09:15:59 AM
It's like a Farmville or Clash of Titans, buy kitties and take care of them, when they becomes a Fat Cat then you can sell them.
I think it's one another level of Cryptocurrency game that transformed gems as reward into cryptocurrency tokens.
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
Presale Starting May 1st
December 06, 2017, 09:15:28 AM
If posts on this thread are true its just another digital obsession but on blockchain.
I really don't understand this kind of digitalized obsessions. I hope it won't damage ether chain much.
Activity: 210
The P2P Marketplace For Digital Content
December 06, 2017, 09:12:37 AM
This is the game ethereum released earlier,it requires you to buy some kitties to get it breed and you can earn ethereum i guess?
Activity: 118
December 06, 2017, 09:07:33 AM
I myself have looked into Crypto Kitties and still don't entirely understand the concept. how do you breed or establish between male/female kitties? and how do you make money from it?
Activity: 125
December 06, 2017, 08:54:49 AM
Hello, guys! Today around 5 hours I tried to collect information about CryptoKitties from different sourses. And what I want to share with you:
1. CryptoKitties did a super-duper hype and it's great - I was waiting any interesting crypto-game since winter and couldn't find anything (maybe, you know and could reccomend me smth Roll Eyes) I didn't notice any great game hype since Pokemon Go.
2. if you want to join CryptoKitties - it will take a lot of time: you should know and understand all rules and principles (there are a lot of small-small-small details that make the game). And according some info: every day it will be a gap between new people and the first kitty-holders. Maybe, developers will add special rules or compensation after some period - no idea.
3. the main annoying thing - Ethereum network is almost not working... I was so angry Angry when I tried to buy 4 kitties I had chosen - and as a result - 4 times my transactions were not completed and I didn't buy any cat but comission was taken every time. Just imagine what can be with Ethereum network if few other hype projects will be released in December... Huh And one day such situation could be! That's very upset.

I still find it hard to understand why and how people are so hyped with this crypto game. yes, it is the beginning of a new era in the digital world and it's a good way to get more people involved in the crypto world.

But talking about cryptogames, I recommend playing one for free, in which you win crypto and then can use it to buy collectibles or you can keep it, exchange it into any other cryptocurrency. It's called FootballCoin, and it's a fantasy football manager. Those guys seem smart, since they are building their own blockchain, so that this thing that is going to kill cryptokitties, doesn't happen to them. All the best!
Activity: 546
Merit: 105
December 06, 2017, 08:50:42 AM
First of all 250 eth spent on a picture is insane waste of money imo...How many people could make their dreams come true to become someone they want just for the price of some shitty picture..

Not saying about network overload.
Thats insane and so crazy omg
Activity: 169
Trying to be someone... someday
December 06, 2017, 08:47:44 AM
So is there a way for me to adopt a kitten by someone who does not want it?... Since there is never an ugly kitten  Grin
Activity: 294
Merit: 19
December 06, 2017, 08:45:29 AM
Anyone of you guys already have some kitties or signed up on this page?

Yes, i have already 4 kittens and i'm want to make more, i think they only be rise in price so it's interesting investment.

haha stop clogging up the network more  Cheesy

It's definitely an interesting app if so many users are playing it.
Activity: 196
December 06, 2017, 08:25:00 AM
I read some topics on reddit about crypto kitties and some people that they sold their kitties for 250ETH? WTF?
What is this ?
It's just a game about virtual cat, you can breed them and sell them later. I checked their site and the price for one cat is quite expensive. I dont know why people want to pay an expensive price for that kind of things.
Maybe if the cats were breed you can sell the cats and exchange it to ethereum coin,thats why it coist a lot i saw the cheapest price of the cat its worth 246ETHs.
Activity: 28
December 06, 2017, 08:21:45 AM
Oh, I'm also was wondered about those kitties  Cheesy thanks for explanation Wink Smiley
Activity: 152
December 06, 2017, 08:11:39 AM
This is crazy! But thanks for clearing it up at least I know what crypto kitties are now Smiley
Activity: 574
Merit: 251
December 06, 2017, 08:07:37 AM
What is this ?
It's just a game about virtual cat, you can breed them and sell them later. I checked their site and the price for one cat is quite expensive. I dont know why people want to pay an expensive price for that kind of things.
Activity: 564
Merit: 500
December 06, 2017, 08:01:09 AM
250ETH a cat ? that's crazy
Especially it's just a virtual cat, I am really don't understand the thinking of the rich.
I want to know the face of who person bought this cat with this price haha.
Activity: 274
Merit: 100
December 06, 2017, 07:57:38 AM
250 ETH for one? My interest is piqued. Going to have to take a look at this...although, typically I'm probably late to the party and it'll be a heavy grind to get anything out of it.

Destiny already destroyed my soul, I can't take another grindy game.
Activity: 122
December 06, 2017, 07:50:31 AM
It's a real madness, when people are ready to pay thousands of dollars just for a virtual kitten. It's ridiculous that people are wasting so much money on digital images. I can't understand why people invest in this game instead of investing in some porfitable ICOs?
Pages:
Jump to: