Pages:
Author

Topic: What to do in case you are attacked by an anaconda. - page 2. (Read 1555 times)

Activity: 616
Merit: 500
They nudge and examine the prey to check for movement. They don´t just slither up to a sleeping animal and start swallowing it without any ado. I guess evolution has taught them certain carefulness.
More carefulness than you think. They examine their prey by constricting it until it stops moving. They are sensitive enough to feel the prey's heartbeat, and will not be fooled by a person playing dead.

Well, I don´t know about that. Predators don´t usually spend more energy than necessary. There´s always the balance between energy in and energy out.
legendary
Activity: 4494
Merit: 3178
Vile Vixen and Miss Bitcointalk 2021-2023
They nudge and examine the prey to check for movement. They don´t just slither up to a sleeping animal and start swallowing it without any ado. I guess evolution has taught them certain carefulness.
More carefulness than you think. They examine their prey by constricting it until it stops moving. They are sensitive enough to feel the prey's heartbeat, and will not be fooled by a person playing dead.
Everyone should realise that this advice is a well-known joke and should not be taken seriously. It contains several pieces of false information for the purpose of building to the punchline. Anyone who actually follows this advice will be quickly killed.

1. If you are attacked by an anaconda, do not run. The snake is faster than you are.
False. Anacondas are extremely slow, and can easily be evaded by just walking away.

They don´t waste time and energy on constricting something that is already still. It´s just another carcass to them.
They do. Constrictors often prey on sleeping animals, and do not want their prey to wake up while being eaten. They are not scavengers, and do not usually eat things they didn't kill themselves.

legendary
Activity: 4494
Merit: 3178
Vile Vixen and Miss Bitcointalk 2021-2023
Everyone should realise that this advice is a well-known joke and should not be taken seriously. It contains several pieces of false information for the purpose of building to the punchline. Anyone who actually follows this advice will be quickly killed.

1. If you are attacked by an anaconda, do not run. The snake is faster than you are.
False. Anacondas are extremely slow, and can easily be evaded by just walking away.

They don´t waste time and energy on constricting something that is already still. It´s just another carcass to them.
They do. Constrictors often prey on sleeping animals, and do not want their prey to wake up while being eaten. They are not scavengers, and do not usually eat things they didn't kill themselves.

Any snake that can eat Danny Trejo whole has to be respected, especially when they’re this goddamn huge. It may looks incredibly ropey, with dodgy dialogue, hammy acting and a frankly bizarre turn from Jon Voight, but this is a thoroughly entertaining film, despite starring Jennifer Lopez, Eric Stoltz and Owen Wilson. Why is it so enjoyable? Well, that’s difficult to say, because the plot leaves a lot to be desired – a documentary crew heading for a tribe on the Amazon river become waylaid by a snake poacher on the hunt for a giant green anaconda (spoiler: they find it, death ensues). Whatever the reason, the snakes are awesome, mainly because they’re just giant-ass snakes.

http://lifevsfilm.com/2013/10/11/top-10-snakes/
Activity: 444
Merit: 250
And what if you don't have a kinfe?

Anacondas are known lovers of quality music so just start singing pretty much any tune released in the last decade or so.
I am guessing you are thinking of a cobra.
Anaconda is much too big to be tricked by a snake charmer like those in India on the side of the road  Cheesy

He thought anaconda and cobra are of the same species, most probably never seen an image of anaconda before.  Cheesy
Activity: 728
EtherSphere - Social Games

Anacondas are known lovers of quality music so just start singing pretty much any tune released in the last decade or so.
I am guessing you are thinking of a cobra.
Anaconda is much too big to be tricked by a snake charmer like those in India on the side of the road  Cheesy
Activity: 651
Merit: 518

It´s a fascinating animal which can swallow big prey but even the biggest ones mostly subside on small, quick and easy prey birds, fish, rodents and such. Big catch is good, a deer or a human probably means that the snake can take a few weeks off from eating but the downside is that swallowing and processing takes time and in the meantime  the snake is vulnerable against other predators that might be interested in taking a bite out of it. I guess evolution leads to increasing practicality.
Anacondas attack in the water so if you get attacked you have to fight back or you're dead. You won't be able to run and if you don't have anything sharp it should be over in less than a minute.

Big anacondas that could eat humans also hunt on the ground although they spend most of the time in the water and in marshes.
Exactly, good man!    Grin
You know these things and watch the nature shows too.   Smiley
I have also read some books on the subject too after watch the Blood Orchid movie  Cheesy
Anacondas attack in the water so if you get attacked you have to fight back or you're dead. You won't be able to run and if you don't have anything sharp it should be over in less than a minute.
I think you watched that movie with J.Lo to many times. They don't always attack in the water. Sure they are faster in the water but they live in the jungle so can attack you there too. So they hang in trees and when they feed they go in the water where they are faster. The nature channel is a wonderful thing  Wink

Big anacondas that could eat humans also hunt on the ground although they spend most of the time in the water and in marshes.
legendary
Activity: 2744
Merit: 1174

A ki-nife?
I think I have heard of one of these before. It is combination of a knife and a kite. Right? Wink
It would definitely be useful against an anaconda if your trapped in one. Cheesy
Activity: 784
Merit: 502

Then use your teeth or your nails (if they are sharp enough like girls do Tongue )! Or die like a Samaritan!  Grin

If you don´t have a knife you didn´t read the manual and will suffer death by suffocation before becoming a meal for the anaconda.
What about a Russel viper ! Wink
legendary
Activity: 2632
Merit: 1094
Anacondas kill by constriction and as far as they´re concerned if it doesn´t move it´s safe for consumption. Which is a rather lengthy process for something as large as a human. They don´t waste time and energy on constricting something that is already still. It´s just another carcass to them. Thus it´s key to play dead and don´t panic.
Great idea but what to do when it tries to inject venom on the legs before swallowing?  Undecided
Anaconda ain't have no venom on them: https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20090603113645AAv6YzR

One is curled up on my lap as I type this!
Shocked
Pages:
Jump to: