Pages:
Author

Topic: What to do to prevent bitcoin from crashing? - page 3. (Read 1779 times)

Activity: 2590
Merit: 644
We can't do anything to prevent bitcoin from crashing because bitcoin is a free market and it cannot be dictated by someone to prevent from crashing. Bitcoin only rely on the demand of the people in the market so it is better to just have a plan in bitcoin so we can be almost safe from losing money and we need to put a target price to escape for the possible lose of price crash.
Activity: 360
Merit: 251
There is not so much you can do. Maybe hold it and spend it and not sell it for currency. I'd people sell it for currency that is like dumping the price will decrease.
Activity: 210
Merit: 100
What we can do now is. Do not sell our bitcoins to keep prices up. And because of that, the price of btc will not fall
Activity: 434
Merit: 250
I guess to prevent bitcoin falls, this will not likely be in barring because bitcoin declined adjust market competition so that more investors need it but for the benefit of users of crypto currency still with bitcoin with profit still may, so that it will be difficult will likely to fall soon. We better enjoy it as long as it is still available and useful Cheesy Wink
Activity: 121
I win either way. Either I get another chance to buy some cheap coins, or I get to watch my net worth go to the moon.
Activity: 322
You just have encourage people to use bitcoin (such as for payment method, currency, services or ICO option), if people chose to use bitcoin rather than sell it for fiat and use it, i'm sure bitcoin price won't crash.

I'm scared about the idea that Bitmain is holding a huge amount of BTC which they mined in the early years of ASIC mining equipment and that they will sell all their BTC at once, causing the most fatal crash in the complete history of BTC.

That would not be in their interest. If they have a very large amount they simply cannot sell them all at once, who would be all the buyers?

Maybe one day they'll quit producing ASICS and they want to "cash out" and they're going to live the rest of their life (and the kids of their kids probably too) as millionaires.
They could dump their BTC for 3/4 or 1/2 of the price and everyone will buy it like a fool because it's the lowest price for a long time.
At that point in time, BTC may be established everywhere in the world and they would be sure that BTC will recover even after dumping a huge load.

Yes, more likely is that they will slowly start selling off their bitcoin, if not already done. Plus if they have a good business model why change? They are moving into Litecoin and Dash now.

I agree, they don't care about bitcoin, they only care about their profit. They already focus make ASIC for altcoin or mine altcoin Roll Eyes

It's nearly suspicious how the announcement of the D3, Bitmains X11 Miner for Dash, come along with a huge increase in the price of Dash. It doubled in the last months.
Maybe they'll announce an insane BTC ASIC which will lead to an increase in the BTC price.
Activity: 42
Merit: 0
I'm scared about the idea that Bitmain is holding a huge amount of BTC which they mined in the early years of ASIC mining equipment and that they will sell all their BTC at once, causing the most fatal crash in the complete history of BTC.

That would not be in their interest. If they have a very large amount they simply cannot sell them all at once, who would be all the buyers?

Maybe one day they'll quit producing ASICS and they want to "cash out" and they're going to live the rest of their life (and the kids of their kids probably too) as millionaires.
They could dump their BTC for 3/4 or 1/2 of the price and everyone will buy it like a fool because it's the lowest price for a long time.
At that point in time, BTC may be established everywhere in the world and they would be sure that BTC will recover even after dumping a huge load.

Yes, more likely is that they will slowly start selling off their bitcoin, if not already done. Plus if they have a good business model why change? They are moving into Litecoin and Dash now.

Activity: 126
You can't prevent bitcoin if it is time for it to crashed. But as long as the interest of the community of crypto currency users is still with bitcoin and profits are still possible. It will be hard but possible to crashed soon. So don't worry much, enjoy it as it is for as long as it still available and useful.
Hi! I know this might sound obvious to anyone but I really want to know in what way we can do our share to bitcoin to prevent it from crashing. I am still a Jr. Member and I still don't know everything about bitcoin that's why I am asking some help.
 Almost all of us have high hopes that someday we will rejoice with bitcoin so altogether we must do our fair share in order bitcoin to survive.

Look into investing it in tether. That hedges your bitcoin amount and stores it at a dollar value instead. If the price falls, then you can buy more number of bitcoins and at the same time save your value in dollar. But if it goes, then you will lose any potential profits.

I dont think teather will appeal to the speculators!
legendary
Activity: 954
Merit: 1000
Hi! I know this might sound obvious to anyone but I really want to know in what way we can do our share to bitcoin to prevent it from crashing. I am still a Jr. Member and I still don't know everything about bitcoin that's why I am asking some help.
 Almost all of us have high hopes that someday we will rejoice with bitcoin so altogether we must do our fair share in order bitcoin to survive.

Look into investing it in tether. That hedges your bitcoin amount and stores it at a dollar value instead. If the price falls, then you can buy more number of bitcoins and at the same time save your value in dollar. But if it goes, then you will lose any potential profits.

Activity: 1638
Merit: 300
The best way to keep it from crashing is to used it but it cant be done by alone unless you are a whale so you need to asked a lot of people to used bitcoin the more person you asked to used bitcoin, the less percentage it will crashed

Even if many people use it, and the price continues to rise, the temptation of profit are still there, people will be selling off their bitcoin and it will be starting to crash again. Bitcoin is volatile so we do not need to worry about this things. It is normal for this digital currency to rise and to fall.
The best way to keep it from crashing is to used it but it cant be done by alone unless you are a whale so you need to asked a lot of people to used bitcoin the more person you asked to used bitcoin, the less percentage it will crashed

The problem bitcoin has at the moment is its deflationary. Therefore it does not work well as a currency, but certainly works well as a store of wealth.

I think long term it will be seen as a digitial store of wealth, thats what will prevent it from crashing.
Activity: 826
Merit: 508

I wouldn't worry about it. Bitcoin is clearly seeing considerable levels of adoption. And investors continue to support higher prices year after year. Will the price correct, and will top buyers feel pain from investment losses in the future? Of course! Remember 2014-2015, when Bitcoin's death was proclaimed many times? Well, look at us now.

This continued trajectory is expected as long as Bitcoin's network continues to grow. Looking around at all the new users, the burgeoning altcoin sector, the maturing infrastructure and increasing attention from governments and mainstream populations, I expect it to continue.

An existential protocol flaw could surely threaten that, but there's no way to plan for that, and no good reason to expect it.

Bitcoin is a currency, use it as it is. People should stop to see Bitcoin as an investment while it isn't. Most, if not all, of the people who recently took interest in Bitcoin see it as an investment only. They don't even know what is cryptography. Where are the anarchists, cryptographers, cypherpunk, etc...
Talking about Bitcoin as an investment is going to kill Bitcoin ideology and so to kill the mass adoption

I'm pretty sure that Satoshi acknowledged that if BTC caught on in a big way, that they would be worth millions each. How could you expect people not to see that as an investment opportunity? I hear you, though. It's tough to see the old hands getting drowned out by the investor class, who largely doesn't understand or care about decentralization.
Activity: 406
Merit: 250
https://gexcrypto.io
Those who hold a very small amount of bitcoin wont have control on the crashing events of bitcoin. The ones that are responsible for this are the big holders of bitcoins specifically the whales. They can have a big impact on the changes of price of bitcoin. And we have also that assurance that bitcoin will soar. Even if it crash, it will bounce back again.
Activity: 1274
Merit: 516
Activity: 196
Personal Text: Pre-sale - March 18
Holding bitcoin and the need for it (spread community) prevents bitcoin from crashing.
Activity: 420
Merit: 251
By being involved with Bitcoin you ensure that it will not crash.
There's really nothing else to do besides holding and using it, and hoping to overcome the issues it's currently facing such as scalability.
Pages:
Jump to: