Pages:
Author

Topic: What to do when price is dump?? - page 3. (Read 2803 times)

Activity: 574
Merit: 100
June 24, 2020, 02:57:14 AM
From what I've experienced on ICO coins is that thinking that the investors have bonus tokens when they bought early and sell it and still worth for them and others who are interesting to buy will try to lower the price in-case that the coin has a potential to give them profit once it pumps along with the possible success of the project. So yeah, it is normal for the coin to dump when there is still no development from the project that comes along the ICO
legendary
Activity: 1862
Merit: 1327
June 24, 2020, 02:50:01 AM
The basic solution in times as this for traders is to Hold their/your capital in fiat or stable coin then wait patiently, then you get into the trade after there has been few more rekts or tokens has reached the bottom.

What do you think? Is it a smart move at this time?

It depends all to btc price and the period, an example is the covid period. What you have to do is monitoring if your coin dump in the pair with btc or in $. In the first case you can set a stoploss and evaluate main projects more profitable at the moment and maybe bought the same amout of coins that you had of the old project when the price arrive to the bottom. IF the price dump only in $ or you hold or you evaluate the same solution that you have to use for the btc dump
Activity: 3010
Merit: 629
June 24, 2020, 02:19:22 AM
You are right, be patient and hold until the market recovers is a good decision but I prefer to keep all assets in USD because it has less loss and I will buy if the market in my opinion has reached its lowest point
Some traders are doing this strategy, they convert to stable coins to prevent further losses then buy back when the price drastically decreasing. On the other side holding is a good decision too but for those who cant stand seeing their assets slowly losing its value this might be hard to do.
Activity: 515
Merit: 101
June 24, 2020, 02:15:24 AM
The basic solution in times as this for traders is to Hold their/your capital in fiat or stable coin then wait patiently, then you get into the trade after there has been few more rekts or tokens has reached the bottom.

As my experience, this question will be an entry in my first advice. If you don't invest in a huge bullrun then you don't need to worry about the price drop. Every coin has some demand in cryptocurrency, we need to wait until the fill this demand. We don't what will be the last correction price but wait for the exchange listed or volume on exchange.
My advice is to hold those coins that you have! Don't be panic and sell in lost otherwise you'll be regret afterward! Consider this market right now, there's nothing to be afraid of, keep holding! I believe that the bullish season will come up soon enough! However, if things aren't in the right track, then you'll need to cut loss immediately to avoid being burned out!
Activity: 385
Merit: 12
June 24, 2020, 01:57:03 AM
Actually crypto market is very unpredictable. We all talk about chart and project development etc.But its not a sure shot that your prediction and chart reading will always be correct.

When any coins are going down we don't know when the coins price will be stable. It can be going down more and if you buy this coin that time then you can be panicked and sell your coin.By doing this, you can loose some of money.

On the other hand we don't know when Btc,eth etc will increase.Some news can move there price from high to low and low to high. If you convert your Btc or eth into stable coin and if btc, eth or altcoins price go up then what will you do.You will be in losing site then.And i am the real example of this.And i have lost a chunk of money because i have converted my xlm into usdt and after 1 day price has increased from 0.07usdt to 0.08$.

Btw your move will be smart if you have patience and you don't panik when your expectation doesn't meet. 
Activity: 399
June 23, 2020, 11:56:24 AM

As my experience, this question will be an entry in my first advice. If you don't invest in a huge bullrun then you don't need to worry about the price drop. Every coin has some demand in cryptocurrency, we need to wait until the fill this demand. We don't what will be the last correction price but wait for the exchange listed or volume on exchange.
Activity: 1848
Merit: 341
Duelbits.com
June 23, 2020, 11:34:10 AM
For traders, this is recommended and the best possible solution, for investors buy with confidence and with the money that you can allocate, bear market, or when people are dumping good coins are always the best time to accumulate and it will give you positive results if you are patient.
yup! i agree.
indeed this is one good solution, when everyone dumps then we will collect it. but before collecting or buying coins / tokens, we should analyze them first, whether it will be very profitable in the future.

we must be careful before collecting it, so we do not experience losses in the future.
Buying coins must also be considered because they do not know the prediction of how the movement of coins in the market sometimes with fud news can also affect the price and therefore buy and hold coins when dumping I think this is not the best way.
Activity: 1736
Merit: 306
June 23, 2020, 11:29:16 AM
You are right, be patient and hold until the market recovers is a good decision but I prefer to keep all assets in USD because it has less loss and I will buy if the market in my opinion has reached its lowest point
Activity: 483
Merit: 10
terra-credit.com
June 23, 2020, 11:11:29 AM
When the price decrease, you need to convert to Stable Coin or USD and wait for the minimum bottom. Then you need to do technical analysis. If you don't get a signal to increase the price, the best idea is to wait. Doing this will greatly reduce the chances of loss or stuck.
That is if you have seen the decline and put your assets up for sale and out of the market. but when you are a day trader then you will surely know how to store the value of your assets safely.
Activity: 558
Merit: 11
umachit.fund
June 23, 2020, 11:01:28 AM
When the price decrease, you need to convert to Stable Coin or USD and wait for the minimum bottom. Then you need to do technical analysis. If you don't get a signal to increase the price, the best idea is to wait. Doing this will greatly reduce the chances of loss or stuck.
Activity: 1274
Merit: 500
Proof-of-Stake Blockchain Network
June 07, 2020, 10:21:16 AM

When price is dump,don't panic ,stay calm,hold and wait until it can go up again so that you don't lose. Also it's time to buy other asset to gain more when the market move upward. Panic during this time won't help us. A trader and investor must have a positivemind always and risk taker personality.
If a good coin falls in price and you really believe in the project, then it is best to buy more. Thus, you will make the average buy price much lower and your profit when you will sell will be much higher
Activity: 742
Merit: 102
Second Live
June 07, 2020, 09:01:11 AM

There's really no way to go about it but to hodl further. I mean if you have a decent job earning fiat, then I will for sure hodl, no question.
Agree with you, if we have not sold them, we still have not lost. So keep holding it and wait for the future, the price may go up again when the next bull run occurs
copper member
Activity: 252
Merit: 6
June 07, 2020, 08:53:23 AM

There's really no way to go about it but to hodl further. I mean if you have a decent job earning fiat, then I will for sure hodl, no question.
Activity: 910
May 26, 2020, 09:34:57 PM
For traders, this is recommended and the best possible solution, for investors buy with confidence and with the money that you can allocate, bear market, or when people are dumping good coins are always the best time to accumulate and it will give you positive results if you are patient.
yup! i agree.
indeed this is one good solution, when everyone dumps then we will collect it. but before collecting or buying coins / tokens, we should analyze them first, whether it will be very profitable in the future.

we must be careful before collecting it, so we do not experience losses in the future.
Activity: 1554
Merit: 503
May 26, 2020, 08:02:06 PM
Some coins might even recover on their own that's why we must not invest in coins anyhow, to me you aren't really at loss until you sell the coins that dumped 80% off, in near future the coin can rise again
if you see from the market now, it takes a long time for altcoin to recover, if it has already bought at the top price and the coin is getting down, it is better immediately possible to sell and buy again at a cheaper price
Activity: 1041
Merit: 25
Trident Protocol | Simple «buy-hold-earn» system!
May 26, 2020, 07:40:03 PM

When price is dump,don't panic ,stay calm,hold and wait until it can go up again so that you don't lose. Also it's time to buy other asset to gain more when the market move upward. Panic during this time won't help us. A trader and investor must have a positivemind always and risk taker personality.
Activity: 1232
Merit: 186
May 26, 2020, 07:35:55 PM
as soon as possible move your crypto to usdt or other stable coins mate
then buy again in the lower price
What a witty move mate Grin. Well, I can say that it makes sense for me. Usdt can somehow be a safe haven since it was a well known stablecoin. It's graph pattern is a little bit different with the others. As you may noticed, if btc falls then almost the rest of alts fall as well but not in the case of usdt. It remains stabilized (just my own observation).
Activity: 1039
Merit: 250
BabelFish - FISH Token Sale at Sovryn
May 26, 2020, 06:04:17 PM

as soon as possible move your crypto to usdt or other stable coins mate
then buy again in the lower price
Activity: 1162
Merit: 168
May 26, 2020, 05:08:52 PM
Buy more? If you are not dealing with a horrible currency, I would suggest buying more is a lot better than selling. Many people look at a currency and they even like it but end up selling it when it falls down because they do not want to "lose even more", well losing is losing, if you are going into this sector you have to realize two things, one is the fact that you will lose money time to time, accept it and move on, second is getting even deeper usually helps you get out quicker as well but only in good and trustworthy currencies.

If you are dealing with the 897th coin in the ranks, maybe getting out is a smart idea, but if you are talking about bitcoin or ethereum for example it would be smarter to buy even more so that you could drop the purchase average and sell quicker instead of waiting too long.
legendary
Activity: 1848
Merit: 1009
Next-Gen Trade Racing Metaverse
May 26, 2020, 11:18:29 AM

I guess the best thing to do at the time of a price dump is shorting the bitcoins with a decent leverage and this will also make you money even when the Price is falling. I also used to do the same when price used to fall in the past but a few bad trades and a lot of greed makes us loose more money that we made in trading. I just love margin trading because it makes the potential money to be made more higher in a single trade.
Pages:
Jump to: