Pages:
Author

Topic: What to do when price is dump?? - page 4. (Read 2803 times)

copper member
Activity: 504
Merit: 0
May 26, 2020, 11:05:46 AM
It depends on the coin. If a coin price is dumpind and coin is good, listed in cmc, big markets then smart trader will put their buy orders because some coins don't hold their position in dump. They will going to recover some portion of their dumping. To be a smart trader you should looking for buy a coin after a good dump. There are might have a problem that if a coin is dumping and you buy after that coin will go more lower so trader should know about this coin that approximately how deep coin can go low then put your buy orders for a good profit in future. Dump position of coin is always the game of a smart trader.
legendary
Activity: 3248
Merit: 1179
May 26, 2020, 10:35:07 AM
It depends on a coin, at first try to find why it dropped, if the team didn't scam the community. If not and you believe the coin in the long term then the best what you can do buy low and sell high.

It's a hard thing to explain some people, all depends on a coin! If it's bitcoin you can relax and wait with those coins for the price to recover, but you can do that with just few coins in my opinion (some people would say first 10 or 20 on coinmarketcap, but many forget that top 20 is not the same now as it was 5 years ago, just a reminder some things will change).
With some stupid coins and alts (maybe a wrong term "stupid", but you know what I mean) it's better to dump them when you can! You can risk and wait for some pump, and that happens with some coins, sometimes, but usually some coins just sink to bottom, and for many of them there's no return.
Activity: 406
Merit: 14
May 26, 2020, 10:17:50 AM
Some coins might even recover on their own that's why we must not invest in coins anyhow, to me you aren't really at loss until you sell the coins that dumped 80% off, in near future the coin can rise again
Activity: 406
Merit: 14
May 26, 2020, 10:16:31 AM
If you still have the courage left on you I believe it's possible to recover your loss, though won't be of instant bit gradual process, I believe trading is an effective way to get back your loss, just buy low and sell high, this might takes month to accomplish your aim
Activity: 1974
Merit: 453
May 26, 2020, 10:05:12 AM
You need to be careful while dealing with the lesser known altcoins and tokens. Because with the medium-sized alts, you can expect several pump-and-dump cycles in a calendar year. But as I said, with the lesser known alts, this may happen only once in their short lifespan. So if you can't liquidate your holdings during the pump, then you may not get another chance at a latter point.
Activity: 966
Merit: 254
May 26, 2020, 09:49:33 AM
It depends on a coin, at first try to find why it dropped, if the team didn't scam the community. If not and you believe the coin in the long term then the best what you can do buy low and sell high.
Activity: 2254
Merit: 258
May 26, 2020, 08:49:18 AM
The basic solution in times as this for traders is to Hold their/your capital in fiat or stable coin then wait patiently, then you get into the trade after there has been few more rekts or tokens has reached the bottom.

What do you think? Is it a smart move at this time?

For traders, this is recommended and the best possible solution, for investors buy with confidence and with the money that you can allocate, bear market, or when people are dumping good coins are always the best time to accumulate and it will give you positive results if you are patient.
Activity: 1120
Merit: 68
May 26, 2020, 08:31:47 AM
If the price of the coin that you are holding have stared to dump. I think if it has a potential to increase back it's price it is much better if you wait and have patience to increase back it's price to maintain your investment. But if you think it will take long for your coin to increase back it's price it is much better if you will convert it in a stable coin like USDT to secure your assets.
Activity: 1099
Merit: 116
May 26, 2020, 08:13:36 AM
There are two ways of solution when purchase price of tokens dump. First, You can buy more amount of same tokens and reduce average purchase cost. It can recover soon as purchase cost is deducted. This technique is fruitful and i have been using it for many years. Second, you can hold it for long time. Long time hold is another good way for recovery of loss.
Activity: 350
Merit: 11
May 26, 2020, 08:11:20 AM
When the crypto market declines, it is better to hold our assets patiently first, if necessary we exchange them in the form of money or a stable coin USDT because during the COVID-19 crisis the crypto market continued to decline.
Activity: 980
Merit: 260
May 26, 2020, 07:30:32 AM
This can only be possible if you truly know how to read trading charts. If that's the case, the best thing to do in this regard will be to convert all your holdings or the specific token or asset that you are certain will dump to a stable cryptocurrency like USDT, USDC, PAX etc. This way, you maintain the value of your asset and even get to rebuy more when the price must have dumped or dipped.

I agree with you that converting the crypto into stable coins is a good way to prevent further losses in a downward trend but the issue with that like any other strategy is the question of when to do it right? Only yesterday I was faced with this exact same dilemma and it turned out that after I decided to convert to USD of course the market recovered so its always about timing because technically now I'm a loss since I'll have to buy in at the new higher market price. The timing of when to act is always a gamble  Angry
Activity: 784
Merit: 21
May 26, 2020, 07:22:53 AM
Honestly I won't lie to you, it's not easy to lose 80% of your fund and still be calm, you will surely be in panic mode, days back i buy a altcoin at 2.4$ hoping it will hit 3$ and I will withdraw my gains but the coin goes back to 1$, I was so mad and sad so I sold at 1$ but I do wait patiently and today I'm able to buy back at 0.12$, see? Even if this coin goes back to 0.50$ I will have more gains
Activity: 182
Merit: 1
May 26, 2020, 06:38:17 AM
This can only be possible if you truly know how to read trading charts. If that's the case, the best thing to do in this regard will be to convert all your holdings or the specific token or asset that you are certain will dump to a stable cryptocurrency like USDT, USDC, PAX etc. This way, you maintain the value of your asset and even get to rebuy more when the price must have dumped or dipped.
Activity: 198
Merit: 2
May 26, 2020, 06:08:47 AM
Hodl till you break even Smiley

This is a wrong advice lol, what do you mean hodl until you break even ?
Hodling blindly will bring more losses than profits and it betrays the true purpose of hodling.

Hodling should be of the purpose and intentions to take profits when the opportunity arises, don't mix it up with anything.
Activity: 574
May 12, 2020, 12:20:10 PM
My opinion is clear that l hold my coins, For good earnings in future, l like to  wait for selling good time.
Activity: 322
Merit: 10
May 12, 2020, 11:02:48 AM
Bear market is the best time to buy altcoins and Bitcoin, this is why its good to hold Fiat or stable coins and wait patiently, since I've been into crypto since 2017 bear markets happens more than bull market, you can't just keep holding, with Fiat you can take advantage of bear market
Activity: 113
May 12, 2020, 08:49:05 AM
Hodl till you break even Smiley
Activity: 742
Merit: 16
May 12, 2020, 07:17:28 AM
Now that Bitcoin halving is over many will expect price surge but it's better to split your Bitcoin and turn the half into stable coin or Fiat, I think there will be big price drop after few weeks, you can take the advantage of the market no matter what happened
Activity: 1568
Merit: 100
COMBONetwork
May 12, 2020, 06:54:30 AM
The basic solution in times as this for traders is to Hold their/your capital in fiat or stable coin then wait patiently, then you get into the trade after there has been few more rekts or tokens has reached the bottom.

I also use steps like that, I waited for the price to come down to support and I bought it, see today, the price of Altcoin has increased and is trying to recover, i expect if bitcoin price is stable, altcoin will be pump
Activity: 910
Merit: 100
elysian.finance
May 12, 2020, 05:44:16 AM

market price movements can not be easily predicted, we will not know for sure what the basic price you mean to enter in trade, the price down may suddenly go back up high again, and even if we wait for the lowest price will never know, so entering in crypto trading must be quick to make decisions that we think is an opportunity to be able to act to buy or sell.
Pages:
Jump to: