Pages:
Author

Topic: What video games do you play? - page 51. (Read 174681 times)

legendary
Activity: 1414
Merit: 1000
May 04, 2014, 03:29:18 AM
I currently play GTA: San Andreas. A little old fashioned I am.
copper member
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1528
No I dont escrow anymore.
May 04, 2014, 12:05:37 AM
-snip-
how does dota 2 compare to hon anyways? i hear they are very similar. when i tried dota 2, the graphics were really bad though.

Dont know, never played HoN. Dota2 ist a basic moba, you dont have to buy any heroes (was that LoL or HoN ??) and you have a billion russians playing it Wink
legendary
Activity: 1120
Merit: 1001
1NF4xXDDpMVmeazJxJDLrFxuJrCAT7CB1b
May 04, 2014, 12:05:28 AM
currently playing ninja gaiden sigma
Activity: 434
Merit: 250
May 03, 2014, 11:53:02 PM
you guys are right. i meant mmorpgs. i used to play console rpgs, those were good memories. don't think i could play them again though.

i remember chrono trigger, final fantasy, secret of mana, zelda, wild arms, lufia, breath of fire, etc. they were my favorite genre back in the day.

I used to play Secret of Mana on SNES and Zelda ofc. I finished them so many times, great games.

i have a problem with free 2 play games.. if people don't troll (since it's free to play, so if htey get banned they'll just make a new account), then it probably has an ecosystem that sucks the money out of your wallet (in order to keep you competitive). hon has a pretty bad community with trolls all over.

While some F2P games sure are like that, there are others. E.g. DoTA2 or TF2.. Yes people are ... "not nice" sometimes, but you dont have to buy anything to play, its just cosmetics.

how does dota 2 compare to hon anyways? i hear they are very similar. when i tried dota 2, the graphics were really bad though.
copper member
May 03, 2014, 11:49:58 PM
you guys are right. i meant mmorpgs. i used to play console rpgs, those were good memories. don't think i could play them again though.

i remember chrono trigger, final fantasy, secret of mana, zelda, wild arms, lufia, breath of fire, etc. they were my favorite genre back in the day.

I used to play Secret of Mana on SNES and Zelda ofc. I finished them so many times, great games.

i have a problem with free 2 play games.. if people don't troll (since it's free to play, so if htey get banned they'll just make a new account), then it probably has an ecosystem that sucks the money out of your wallet (in order to keep you competitive). hon has a pretty bad community with trolls all over.

While some F2P games sure are like that, there are others. E.g. DoTA2 or TF2.. Yes people are ... "not nice" sometimes, but you dont have to buy anything to play, its just cosmetics.
May 03, 2014, 10:40:18 PM
Activity: 249
Merit: 10
May 03, 2014, 09:35:20 PM
league of legends!! cause its free! LOL.
May 03, 2014, 08:50:02 PM

Activity: 182
Merit: 100
May 03, 2014, 08:41:35 PM
I don't even know what it is it's just kind of... eh. They made a lot of claims about how it wouldn't be boring redundant questing but it sure felt like boring redundant questing to me.
legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1001
May 03, 2014, 07:10:10 PM
To me an RPG requires that you are primarily playing with a character or group of characters that level up as you kill enemies and accomplish missions, and that you can upgrade their equipment and skills constantly. SC2 certainly does have some RPG elements in that you get to upgrade units including the hero characters but it's not a full blown RPG.

What do you guys think of Elder Scrolls Online? I tried it out but it's a tad boring so far...

Elder Scrolls Online will be free to play title in a year at most. It is another failed attempt to overthrow the king (WoW). Same story as Old Republic Online, huge potential, enormous budget but gameplay is somewhat not that great.
Activity: 182
Merit: 100
May 03, 2014, 06:25:03 PM
To me an RPG requires that you are primarily playing with a character or group of characters that level up as you kill enemies and accomplish missions, and that you can upgrade their equipment and skills constantly. SC2 certainly does have some RPG elements in that you get to upgrade units including the hero characters but it's not a full blown RPG.

What do you guys think of Elder Scrolls Online? I tried it out but it's a tad boring so far...
copper member
May 03, 2014, 06:15:49 PM
i doni't like traditional RPGs.. it's just a ratrace to get the best gear, until they release new content.. in which case you have to start over again. i never end up feeling satisfied. i still can't believe how many people still play wow, it's insane.

Wow is not a traditional RPG. Baldurs Gate, Neverwinter Nights, The Elder Scrolls (e.g. Skyrim), maybe Fallout and Ultima but they are as old as the hills.
legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1005
★Nitrogensports.eu★
May 03, 2014, 06:07:04 PM
i doni't like traditional RPGs.. it's just a ratrace to get the best gear, until they release new content.. in which case you have to start over again. i never end up feeling satisfied. i still can't believe how many people still play wow, it's insane.

You are not talking about 'traditional RPGs' you are talking here about MMORPG. That is huge difference my friend.
Traditional cRPG are for example Baldur's Gate, Witcher, Neverwinter Nights, Fallout to name just a few.
May 03, 2014, 05:50:21 PM
copper member
May 03, 2014, 02:53:57 PM
Yeah I'm a bit confused StarCraft II is not a role-playing game, maybe he meant to type RTS (Real-Time Strategy) and had a brain fart?

yeah, sorry it is RTS, but can be also called RPG to some extent can't it? I mean you do assume a role of a character, say 'jim raynor' or 'queen of blades' and take responsibility for acting out these roles either through literal acting or through a process of decision-making or character development. this is RPG definition isn't it

I dont know, but in my book RPGs are 1st or maybe 3rd person, but not topdown. Also Id say a rpg has to give you some room for character development. Not just stats but also decisions.
legendary
Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000
May 03, 2014, 01:16:07 PM
Yeah I'm a bit confused StarCraft II is not a role-playing game, maybe he meant to type RTS (Real-Time Strategy) and had a brain fart?

yeah, sorry it is RTS, but can be also called RPG to some extent can't it? I mean you do assume a role of a character, say 'jim raynor' or 'queen of blades' and take responsibility for acting out these roles either through literal acting or through a process of decision-making or character development. this is RPG definition isn't it
Activity: 364
May 03, 2014, 12:22:27 PM
Lately the only game I've been playing is Majora's Mask. In the past few months I've been several leagues deep in Borderlands 2's ass. Finally got tired of it so I started that Zelda game (though it's definitely not the first time I've played it).
legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1007
May 03, 2014, 12:20:10 PM
LoL, DotA, TF2, RS3, MC

The most recent ones I've played.
Activity: 980
Merit: 500
FREE $50 BONUS - STAKE - [click signature]
May 03, 2014, 11:32:29 AM
dark souls 2 and nba2k14 while eating veggies  Tongue

fuck dark souls 2 for it's poor keyboard+mice support, If I'll want to play with joystick I'll play on some shitty console

I hate these half-assed ports
Activity: 686
Merit: 500
May 03, 2014, 10:57:25 AM
dark souls 2 and nba2k14 while eating veggies  Tongue
Pages:
Jump to: