Author

Topic: What wallets do you use? - page 119. (Read 53812 times)

Activity: 519
Merit: 101
July 22, 2017, 11:16:58 AM
I mainly use coins.ph as my wallet for my btc in my android phone. But i also have web wallet ether wallet for my eth coins. It is my chosen app or site that can keep my coins securely. I suggest these wallets guys as your storage of coins.
Since there's no other wallet exists in ph, I also used coins.ph as local wallet which is the only wallet that can convert into php. I used also ether wallet and also waves for altcoins. I heard electrum wallet is one of the best and trusted wallet, they store bitcoin since 2011 and I'm planning to store bitcoins there.
Activity: 58
Merit: 0
July 22, 2017, 11:08:22 AM
I prefer with the wallet online. Because it is easier to open wherever there is an important internet connection. Although the online wallet is prone to lose the bitcoin taoi I'm sure in every online wallet there is protection respectively .. like google authenticator
Activity: 1428
Merit: 308
July 22, 2017, 11:07:11 AM
I use hardcore wallet as my main wallet and I am just transferring funds in online wallet if I need to withdraw or exchange bitcoin but as the majority in holding my funds I use hardcore wallet specifically the Trezor because it is very safe. And I highly suggest to use it if you have big funds.
Activity: 1050
Merit: 286
July 22, 2017, 10:49:32 AM
I mainly use coins.ph as my wallet for my btc in my android phone. But i also have web wallet ether wallet for my eth coins. It is my chosen app or site that can keep my coins securely. I suggest these wallets guys as your storage of coins.
Activity: 322
Merit: 100
July 22, 2017, 04:51:52 AM
Electrum for desktop wallet and Mycelium for iOS/Android wallet. Coinbase or coinhako for web wallet. Bittrex for online exchange. I saw a lot of overwhelming recommendation for Blockchain as well. Of course if you have enough disk space to spare, Bitcoin Core (the official app and wallet but require at least 145GB of harddisk space) is also ideal. Exodus can hold quite a number of coins including BTC, ETH, LTC, etc and has a very clean and nice interface but do note that it's not completely open source at this point of time though you still get to export your own private keys.
legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 1008
July 22, 2017, 04:49:27 AM
Currently I only use web wallet, I've tried to use offline wallet but less I like because of bother and many settings to do. But to anticipate the hard fork issue I'd switch bitcoins to some altcoins like ETH, Litecoin and some other coins.
I also use a web wallet or online wallet, the reason of course is more simple to use you can open it from the phone, or outdoor gadgets, etc. Or can be said more flexible than other wallets. I'm a mobile worker so my wallet online is very useful to me
Activity: 350
Merit: 170
I do crypto TRADING
July 22, 2017, 04:41:08 AM
Which one suits you the most?

The one that I use is Xapo wallet. I used it because I have tried to earn bitcoins from different faucets before. Withdrawing from faucets using this wallet is absolutely free, unlike other bitcoin wallets that charges a withdrawal fee. It is usually the one that suits the best to those who want to earn using faucets.

Yeah faucet is a good way to start with bitcoin to get the feel of it. You can use any wallet for the amount is still immaterial. But when you get serious with bitcoin and start having 1-2 or more bitcoin then you need a better wallet like mycelium and ledger nano s to keep your bitcoin safe and away from everything.
Activity: 258
July 22, 2017, 04:37:09 AM
Which one suits you the most?

The one that I use is Xapo wallet. I used it because I have tried to earn bitcoins from different faucets before. Withdrawing from faucets using this wallet is absolutely free, unlike other bitcoin wallets that charges a withdrawal fee. It is usually the one that suits the best to those who want to earn using faucets.
I do crypto TRADING
July 22, 2017, 03:04:06 AM
xapo wallet and zebapy,unocoin wallets i used mostly,but zebpay suits for me,i feel safe and fast transactions. it shows alerts of bitcoin prices also.
The best wallet of bitcoins that must be choosen is the most suitable for use, except the fetures on the wallet of service
in my experience mycelium is the best wallet of bitcoins for me, because it is good for mobile devices users
there is sign in message on mycelium wallet except secure, easy to be used fast and many other beneficial on mycelium wallet.

Yes i agree. Im also using mycelium and i find it good and useful for mobile users. Mycelium is next go my Ledger Nano S. Ledger Nano S is the best for me.
Activity: 1526
Merit: 255
July 22, 2017, 03:03:53 AM
Currently I only use web wallet, I've tried to use offline wallet but less I like because of bother and many settings to do. But to anticipate the hard fork issue I'd switch bitcoins to some altcoins like ETH, Litecoin and some other coins.
Activity: 518
Merit: 500
July 22, 2017, 02:58:07 AM
xapo wallet and zebapy,unocoin wallets i used mostly,but zebpay suits for me,i feel safe and fast transactions. it shows alerts of bitcoin prices also.
The best wallet of bitcoins that must be choosen is the most suitable for use, except the fetures on the wallet of service
in my experience mycelium is the best wallet of bitcoins for me, because it is good for mobile devices users
there is sign in message on mycelium wallet except secure, easy to be used fast and many other beneficial on mycelium wallet.
Activity: 47
Merit: 0
July 22, 2017, 02:52:30 AM
legendary
Activity: 2716
Merit: 1225
Once a man, twice a child!
July 22, 2017, 02:35:13 AM
I use electrum as my main savings wallet and blockchain.info as a spending wallet. I use to just use block chain.info but when I bought more Bitcoin and started collecting I wanted control of my private keys so I made the switch and I'm very happy. It's nice to have a fully functional and safe wallet that doesn't need the blockchain on your PC but rather connects to it online. Very clever.

That makes the two of us. Though I only got on the Electrum few days ago in readiness to guard my coins against the August 1 speculation. However, I haven't been able to locate the so much talked about Private keys. I only have seen the Public keys and Seeds. Is there anywhere else to look for the private keys?
Activity: 980
Merit: 506
July 20, 2017, 10:46:41 AM
Im using wallets that i have full control of my bitcoins,the one with private keys. Because of the upcoming event on bitcoin, we should take away our bitcoins on exchanges and wallets that we dont have full control of our bitcoins.
If you are having desktop wallet then you will have no problem. I would to give you an idea. That use a desktop bitcoin. Because desktop bitcoin is 100% protected and safe. There will be no problem in desktop wallets. So yes we should exchange but if we have a knowledge about desktop wallet then we should transfer our bitcoins there for more protection.
Activity: 634
Merit: 118
Bounty Hunter Indonesia
July 19, 2017, 03:09:52 PM
I use secure and easy online wallet like xapo and coinbase. Although the fee is high, but safe and reliable
I do crypto TRADING
July 19, 2017, 02:44:36 PM
Just curious, how much BTC do you have to own before you will consider a hardware wallet?

Consider buying one as early as you decided that you will go into bitcoin seriously. its not on the initial amount of bitcoin that you have. its more of a long term planning and security. for a small amount of money you can already buy a hardware wallet and you will secure your bitcoin for real. A Ledger Nano S is one of the good example of hardware wallet. You can check it out here https://www.ledgerwallet.com

With one device you can store all your bitcoin plus you can also store all your altcoins. How perfect is that.
That's what I was curious actually. You did mentioned "that you will go into bitcoin seriously". Targeting wise, how much BTC is "serious"? Grin There's no right or wrong answer to be frank!

Actually there is no cap on the amount of bitcoin, it all depends on the person's value of assets. For me i plan to have more than 10 bitcoin in a few months so as early as now i already bought my Ledger Nano S to secure my bitcoin. Right now i dont have much yet and you can check my wallet below. But im serious on bitcoin. So it's really up to you.
Activity: 1386
Merit: 623
Maintain Social Distance, Stay safe.
July 19, 2017, 02:38:49 PM
Using two wallets, and I don't see a clear benefit in using more since most wallets work in the same way, some are different like core and Armory extensive technical capabilities, but I don't want to download the 100 GB blockchain, at least not now.
Using Electrum and Multibit HD (And I find the older classic multibit more comfortable for the user).
There are some wallet that you can control the transaction like a web wallet like coinbase that they are just estimating the network fee.. unlike the electrum that you have control to choose or manually put how much you want to pay for the fee.
And electrum and multibit are good wallet because you can backup your private keys unlike other wallet like coinbase..
Activity: 322
July 19, 2017, 02:34:25 PM
Just curious, how much BTC do you have to own before you will consider a hardware wallet?

Consider buying one as early as you decided that you will go into bitcoin seriously. its not on the initial amount of bitcoin that you have. its more of a long term planning and security. for a small amount of money you can already buy a hardware wallet and you will secure your bitcoin for real. A Ledger Nano S is one of the good example of hardware wallet. You can check it out here https://www.ledgerwallet.com

With one device you can store all your bitcoin plus you can also store all your altcoins. How perfect is that.
That's what I was curious actually. You did mentioned "that you will go into bitcoin seriously". Targeting wise, how much BTC is "serious"? Grin There's no right or wrong answer to be frank!
Activity: 88
Merit: 10
▬▬ CARE 4 ME ▬▬ ▧
July 19, 2017, 02:23:03 PM
Using two wallets, and I don't see a clear benefit in using more since most wallets work in the same way, some are different like core and Armory extensive technical capabilities, but I don't want to download the 100 GB blockchain, at least not now.
Using Electrum and Multibit HD (And I find the older classic multibit more comfortable for the user).
Activity: 184
Bitcoin lovers <3
July 19, 2017, 12:52:25 PM
I use electrum as my main savings wallet and blockchain.info as a spending wallet. I use to just use block chain.info but when I bought more Bitcoin and started collecting I wanted control of my private keys so I made the switch and I'm very happy. It's nice to have a fully functional and safe wallet that doesn't need the blockchain on your PC but rather connects to it online. Very clever.
Unless you are a developer or a programmer who works with bitcoin, I do not think that the whole blockchain is required in your wallet. Therefore, electrum is the best choice. Blockchain.info is also a great wallet but I never trust any online wallet because it is not good and can create a lot of problem to users
Jump to: