Pages:
Author

Topic: What was the first-ever ICO you’ve invested? - page 4. (Read 548 times)

Activity: 714
Merit: 107
Proof-of-Stake Blockchain Network
The first ICO I invested in was mobilego in april 2017, but it hasn't made much profit to me, as well as others I later participated in.
Activity: 881
Merit: 500
CyberTrade
2017 was the year that I have started my cryptocurrency journey. During that year alone, I invested in some few ICOs on top of participating in airdrops and bounty programs.

Blackmoon Crypto Token (BMC) was the first ever ICO that I’ve invested. I think I shelled out $10.00+ for that since I’m just a micro-investor. I remember the time that Blackmoon Crypto Token is almost sold out, so I had to catch up and good thing that I did.

Unfortunately, Blackmoon Token didn’t profit more than $1.00 when it was listed in exchanges. My $10.00 worth of BMC is now $0.42 only. The reason I hold it until now is because I want to keep this as a remembrance of the first-ever ICO that I’ve invested.

The other ICOs that I have invested next to Blackmoon last 2017 are Paragon Coin, Electroneum, Universa, Crypterium and LoyalCoin. Unfortunately all of these ICOs I’ve invested are at a loss, but I didn’t sell them until now.

On top of that, I also invested some TRXs as well during that year and until now I haven’t sold them. XRP is another coin I have invested when it was still around $0.77, but successfully sold them when it almost reached $4.00. I also bought DOGE when it was still $0.006 and sold it when that coin is on it’s way to an all-time high for a quick profit.

What about you guys? Could you share the very first ICO that you’ve invested? Thanks!
My first investment in a crowdfunded project was in Ethereum and after that I have done a lot of investments in the ICO trend of 2017. My best investment was in XRP which I brought very cheap and also held onto XRP until the ATH and when the price was falling then I sold my XRP.

I also bought DOGE when it was still $0.006 and sold it when that coin is on it’s way to an all-time high for a quick profit.
DOGE is also a pretty good investment when you enter at the right time in the market, it having a history of mass periodic price increases almost every year which makes it even more interesting, although after that price increase it again come back to its initial price as well.
Activity: 335
Merit: 100
Well the first ICO I have ever invested was a Ponzi coin - Hextracoin, back then 2017 when ICO hyped and many projects that promised their token will 10x or maybe 100x after ICO. I lost around $100, but it'll my an unforgettable lesson for me when come to this market.
Activity: 1183
Merit: 251
Mine was a lending coin because I was already into many HYIPs and lending projects. So I thought the only way to make quick bitcoin was to lending coins and quickly make money. It was a bad lesson. I should have stick only to existing project, all these madness was in 2017.
How big profit that you will get from the lending site depends on how much your annual yield. FYI so many people were also getting scammed by HYIP and lending site too.
The biggest profit still came from the ICO. I have ever gotten a bunch of money from my first ico too.
Activity: 1638
Merit: 278
Honestly I have somehow managed not getting into ICO contribution; I could not recall any reasons but participating bounties could be one reason like when I am getting paid in bounties why should I need to go for spending my BTC or ETH for buying same tokens or coins. I rarely found time to analyze few white papers but I do follow as per my friends recommendation to participate into ICO bounties. So, due to the fear factor of unable to find right project for contributing while ICO, must be another reason why I never touched ICOs. But, I have bought few tokens like MTC after hitting exchanges.

Doctoken(MTC) must be one good memorable ICO in my experience as I got chances to buy them lesser than its listing prices and then I sold them for 5 time higher prices. Due to its huge profits in really short time duration, I still mention it as one of my good altcoin experience regardless of how many worthless tokens I still hold.
Activity: 1974
Merit: 453
The very first ICO in which I had invested was the Mozotoken (which was a South Korean based project). Initially the project gave good returns, and it was listed in some of the better exchanges. Fortunately, I cashed out my tokens during the initial days and after that the exchange rates dipped by more than 90%. I don't know what happened to the project and the last time I heard about it, the development activity was on hold.
Activity: 2744
Merit: 541
Campaign Management?"Hhampuz" is the Man
as far as i remember it was Yahoo's managed campaign that i first invest and lucky that i earned half of my investment.
and then there is another that managed by Strawbabies and after that 2?i stopped investing because it was 2018 already and the scam is really rampant those days.
SNM was my first and the last ICO. Around -90% roe
Whaaaat/ Negative 90% ROI?

thats very horrible mate,and you are right if that will be the experience?then for sure there will be no other following investment.

You may be hated the ICO since then.
Activity: 983
👉bit.ly/3QXp3oh | 🔥 Ultimate Launc
Well actually i never invested on any ICO since i joined cryptocurrency. I dont know i dont have any interest to put money on ICO. Mostly i hold tokens from bounty campaign. But, i do following news about good ICO/IEO for research.
Activity: 121
Merit: 1
SNM was my first and the last ICO. Around -90% roe
Activity: 1274
Merit: 261
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
   My first ICO investment was good in 2017 price raised a lot but I didn't sell, I am a long-term holder, and I was newbie
in crypto-currencies, I thought prices will rise even more or hold that positions. It was in gambling site BitDices! I still
have passive income from them in Ethereums, but it's not become a popular site and my passive income is low. Maybe
they will develop more and attract more people, and I will have higher income from that, if it happens!
Activity: 272
Merit: 10
Mine was a lending coin because I was already into many HYIPs and lending projects. So I thought the only way to make quick bitcoin was to lending coins and quickly make money. It was a bad lesson. I should have stick only to existing project, all these madness was in 2017.
Activity: 1526
Merit: 251
I don't know the exact details but it doesn't seem like a good and long-lasting coin, maybe a hype coin due to an increase and a decrease in a short amount of time, I got info from my friends and only bought about 20 $ on their private sale then sold it a few days after release and get 100 $, a week later the price has dropped above 90%, and I know that is the end of the coin.
Activity: 1498
Merit: 326
SecureShift.io | Crypto-Exchange
Aside from the hype of electroneum before I never got invested into ICO, but I am more fans of IEO cause you can feel the profits from it. ICO is not that bad but due to incident of potential scams before Ive got so many dissapointment and also I did not earn much profits with the ICO I invested, I dont know why I did it before maybe due to hype alone. Never again will invest on any ICO. Its much better to risk on IEO on top markets and gain some income.
legendary
Activity: 3668
Merit: 6382
Looking for campaign manager? Contact icopress!
It was WAVES and it's still alive, although it had better days.
Actually I didn't invest in many ICOs since I simply didn't trust most of them.
Activity: 368
Merit: 11

What about you guys? Could you share the very first ICO that you’ve invested? Thanks!

Well the first ico i invested in was bitdegree - a project that envisioned to decentralize education on Blockchain and i did the airdrop couple with the bounty programs so i earned a lot of tokens from the bounty that superceed my investment to the extent that i questioned why i invested in the first place. The token got listed and was doing quite well on exchange until the bear market sets in during early 2018 and i had to sell up immediately and I'm glad i did because the token price is nothing to write home about currently
legendary
Activity: 1694
Merit: 1003
My first ICO would be Antshares rebranded to NEO and that is also one of my biggest mistakes by selling early in the first spike of its price back then the price was just in cents nowhere near a dollar and the rebranding is on its way and decided not to buy back.
Activity: 742
Merit: 101
the first ICO that I have invested was on electroneum.. their ico was a great success and until the project is still developing where their community can use all the benefits of this coin. The profit that I have got into this ico was not that big but still, the coin is still alive and developments are on the way. heard some rumors before that it was a scam but then they prove it as this project has a big potential
Activity: 1148
Merit: 252
Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game
the first time I participated in ico when in 2017 I bought ico storiqa at that time, they did a great promotion and in a short time the tokensale was sold out.
I buy and sell a profit of about 3x the price of ico.
but now the coin is gone and there is no more.
Activity: 1190
Looking at the OP's experience, certainly not many people can hold tokens resulting from ICO investments. Even now, there is no price anymore. I almost forgot the first project I invested in, around 2017 before the end. Investing in my first ICO was profitable at that time and after that tried again and in the end the next project failed. Since then I did not enter ICO investment again.
Activity: 560
Merit: 105
I have never invested in ICO, because of the limited money I have, and for the bounty I prefer to invest in altcoin which is in the top position.
Pages:
Jump to: