Pages:
Author

Topic: What we've learnt today. - page 24. (Read 84580 times)

legendary
Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570
Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending
April 12, 2013, 02:26:16 PM
I've been learning every day that most published research is cherry-picked, irreproducible bullshit. Also, there is no risk involved in building a science career based on such bullshit, and there are real risks involved with honestly designing experiments and reporting all data.

Okay, buddy! Ain't got a clue as to why you decided to pick on me today.  Grin I know exactly what you implied within.
Activity: 756
Merit: 501
There is more to Bitcoin than bitcoins.
April 12, 2013, 11:15:33 AM
I've been learning every day that most published research is cherry-picked, irreproducible bullshit. Also, there is no risk involved in building a science career based on such bullshit, and there are real risks involved with honestly designing experiments and reporting all data.
legendary
April 10, 2013, 02:16:12 PM
I've learnt why it's taking me over 1 minute to load ANY page on this forum today:

5336 Guests, 1404 Users (100 Hidden)

(this post will be live ~60 seconds after I click the post button)
legendary
April 05, 2013, 07:51:16 PM
I've yet to Google image the word bollocks. I'm saving myself until...
donator
Activity: 2058
Merit: 1007
Poor impulse control.
April 05, 2013, 07:42:11 PM
Stupid Americans! Bollocks is a curse word in Britain! >_< *shakes fist*

[....] and why specifically testicles, instead of, say, hentai or yaoi, which would include the testicles, but have the rest of the people too [....]

Testicles are a kind of people to you?
Activity: 476
Merit: 250
April 05, 2013, 02:12:38 PM
That midgrade just doesn't cut it.
legendary
Activity: 1680
Merit: 1035
April 05, 2013, 02:10:41 PM

I'm not stupid, I know exactly what it means. I was asking if you draw manga testicles, and why specifically testicles, instead of, say, hentai or yaoi, which would include the testicles, but have the rest of the people too. (unless you just draw some sort of weird anime-style characters that look like ball sacks with giant anime eyes and crazy smiles)
legendary
Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000
April 05, 2013, 01:45:17 PM
LOL Akka I did say it was a curse word Tongue
legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1001
April 05, 2013, 12:49:10 PM
I had to google Bollocks to find out what it is.

I did a picture search, because I thought it was some kind of animal.

Now I'm damaged for live. Thank you Lenth.  Angry
legendary
Activity: 1078
Merit: 1003
April 05, 2013, 12:48:01 PM
Stupid Americans! Bollocks is a curse word in Britain! >_< *eats crumpet*

Like this?
legendary
April 05, 2013, 12:46:05 PM
legendary
April 05, 2013, 12:41:53 PM
I find it more rewarding than drawing manga, bollocks! <_>

Am I doing it right!
legendary
April 05, 2013, 12:35:17 PM
I find it more rewarding than drawing manga, bollocks! >_>

You draw manga bollocks? Not sure if I should ask...

Fucking internet, can't read anything shorter than a line, no wonder twitter is so popular Tongue bolded the comma for you.

So is it that you draw manga and bollocks? I can't figure out what the comma is supposed to mean X)
legendary
April 05, 2013, 12:12:37 PM

Fucking internet, can't read anything shorter than a line, no wonder twitter is so popular Tongue bolded the comma for you.
legendary
April 05, 2013, 01:40:50 AM
I'm an idiot!

Going to bed now, hoping that today was just a dream, but I bet it wasn't.

Details! DETAILS! Did you lose all your money to an online wallet hack? Did you lose it by betting against an ASIC manufacturer? Did you bet on the price crashing when it didn't?

InstaWallet, and before you say anything, I already know, "Don't ever, ever...

I know, you missed out on the glory days of MyBitcoin, and wanted to relive the experience.
Aren't they returning the money? Maybe you didn't lose anything  much  everything?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6vQpW9XRiyM
legendary
April 05, 2013, 12:15:36 AM
I'm an idiot!

Details! DETAILS! Did you lose all your money to an online wallet hack? Did you lose it by betting against an ASIC manufacturer? Did you bet on the price crashing when it didn't?

I know, you missed out on the glory days of MyBitcoin, and wanted to relive the experience.
Aren't they returning the money? Maybe you didn't lose anything  much  everything?
legendary
April 05, 2013, 12:06:41 AM
I'm an idiot!

legendary
April 05, 2013, 12:05:44 AM

legendary
April 04, 2013, 08:09:56 PM
I've found animation is a fantastic way to draw when you put effort in and I find it more rewarding than drawing manga, bollocks! >_> I also found that it's a brilliant way to keep you more occupied in your work because the pictures are moving ( I don't know why but I find stills boring now no matter how detailed they are ) and it's great for getting proportions correct because it will be immediately obvious if something is wrong.

It's a hell of a way to draw, tho.  Try producing a minute's worth of animation at 15 FPS and you'll be in tears.

FOR THE EMPEROR!!! I SHALL KNOW NO FEAR!!!

Plus I have this software called Pencil which I recommended ages ago which just speeds the keyframing up massively and eliminates most of the staff at a studio that you'd normally need to make an animation.
legendary
Activity: 1078
Merit: 1003
April 04, 2013, 08:07:32 PM
I've found animation is a fantastic way to draw when you put effort in and I find it more rewarding than drawing manga, bollocks! >_> I also found that it's a brilliant way to keep you more occupied in your work because the pictures are moving ( I don't know why but I find stills boring now no matter how detailed they are ) and it's great for getting proportions correct because it will be immediately obvious if something is wrong.

It's a hell of a way to draw, tho.  Try producing a minute's worth of animation at 15 FPS and you'll be in tears.
Pages:
Jump to: