Pages:
Author

Topic: What will be Boris legacy? - page 2. (Read 235 times)

Activity: 1078
Merit: 354
October 29, 2019, 08:06:52 AM
Quote from: squatz1
a leader can simply be defined by the conditions surrounding their time.

True, but the Conservative party are entirely responsible for the situation that the UK finds itself in. Johnson is a continuation of the same problem. He can't be defined as a stand-alone entity. He was high profile in the leave campaign. The Brexit referendum has his fingerprints all over it. The conditions of the time can certainly affect how we see leaders, but often those same leaders are the orchestrators of the conditions of the time...
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1285
Flying Hellfish is a Commie
October 28, 2019, 03:08:54 PM
I mean we don't know what the Johnson legacy is going to look like until its over.  Even with that, we're not even fully going to know until years later. As a leader can simply be defined by the conditions surrounding their time.

Think about a President in the US that is the president during a recession that started right when his first term started. He had nothing to do with the recession, but he's going to be blamed for the recession and not reacting.

We'll see.
Activity: 1078
Merit: 354
October 28, 2019, 08:27:54 AM
Boris proclaimed a while ago that Brexit would take place this October 2019 with or without a deal, and I’m not sure whether he said it due to his ego or his over confidence but now he’s stuck in a bad position because of it. Brexit is all set to be delayed and a new date will be set up, for all his efforts Boris is starting to look like a failure to me, and it only makes me wonder how long can he hold on to his chair and try and force Brexit. What according to you will be his legacy will he remembered as a short term Prime Minister who failed
Yes.

or will he be able to spectacularly pull off Brexit with a deal in place and cement his name in UK history as a legend?.
Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha. I mean, no. The deal he has come up with is essentially give Northern Ireland back to the Republic, and reignite the Troubles as well.

The man is a fool. Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson, to give him his full name, is an arrogant, entitled upper-class dimwit who has never shown the slightest competence in anything he's done. The UK political system is set-up so that the rich stay in power. The path is Eton school > Oxford/Cambridge > House of "Commons". Even though these people are far from being commoners. It's not a meritocracy, you don't become prime minister (at least not Conservative prime minister) through ability, just through bloodline. Hence the succession of f**kwits running the country. David Cameron is another one. Or Jacob-Rees Mogg.

If you give power to someone who has no ability but is used to getting his own way, you end up with exactly the chaotic blundering that his premiership has been so far.
Activity: 2646
Merit: 686
October 26, 2019, 08:45:02 AM
Boris proclaimed a while ago that Brexit would take place this October 2019 with or without a deal, and I’m not sure whether he said it due to his ego or his over confidence but now he’s stuck in a bad position because of it. Brexit is all set to be delayed and a new date will be set up, for all his efforts Boris is starting to look like a failure to me, and it only makes me wonder how long can he hold on to his chair and try and force Brexit. What according to you will be his legacy will he remembered as a short term Prime Minister who failed, or will he be able to spectacularly pull off Brexit with a deal in place and cement his name in UK history as a legend?.

https://edition.cnn.com/2019/10/26/uk/brexit-was-not-meant-to-be-like-this-analysis-intl-gbr/index.html

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-50175914

https://www.express.co.uk/news/politics/1184755/brexit-news-boris-johnson-eu-nefgotiation-october-31-poll-voters-eu-deal-no-deal

Pages:
Jump to: