Pages:
Author

Topic: What will happen for Amazon to accept Bitcoin? - page 3. (Read 867 times)

Activity: 1610
Merit: 102
Amazon has gained worldwide recognition as a multinational online-based e-commerce business. It does not seem that such an organization would easily associate a new medium of exchange like Bitcoin with their transactions. On the other hand, Bitcoin is not suitable for use as a medium of transaction due to its price volatility. Its stability is very important in completing daily life transactions through Bitcoin. So in my opinion, due to the high volatility of Bitcoin, Amazon will not be of much interest to the use of bitcoin, but if Amazon uses Bitcoin as their medium of transaction, the global demand for Bitcoin will increase exponentially and its value will increase manifold.
Activity: 812
Merit: 104
🎄 Allah is The Best Planner 🥀
Most technology enthusiasts and traders are at least familiar with Bitcoin or however very few are aware of the underlying technology that makes virtual currency possible. Blockchains are the public ledger for all bitcoin transactions but they are a revolutionary exchange method that changes the way contracts are managed. However, with the improvement of everything through technology Amazon has started introducing Bitcoin to improve their business as it will make their transactions much easier to accept PayPal crypto.
legendary
Activity: 2646
Merit: 1106
Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI
The chance of Amazon to get into the bitcoin acceptance on business isn't gonna happen unexpected or in a short. Already Amazon have created its inbuilt wallet that gets used similar to the Alipay. Those are just the digital form of fiat that can be added to the Amazon Wallet and can be accessed with ease. Possibly Amazon will try to have its own cryptocurrency and bitcoin into the business.
legendary
Activity: 2338
Merit: 1076
zknodes.org
If Amazon accepts bitcoin as another payment option, it will certainly make Bitcoin even more known because it is adopted by the world's E-Commerce giants. However, Amazon has yet to accept Bitcoin, not because Amazon is afraid, but because of a lack of regulation. If the biggest e-commerce companies like Amazon accept bitcoin payments, there will be a huge surge in asset popularity that will ultimately put Amazon and Bitcoin at risk. The acceptance of Bitcoin as a means of payment still needs to be researched and reviewed at an advanced level, because it is not only the usual adoption that is in mind but, their customers are very important too.
Activity: 1498
Merit: 506
I think some website already offers that, I'm not quite sure about this website I just saw this on the goods section before https://purse.io/shop
I don't recommend it since I haven't used that one before so I don't know if it is legitimate or not.
If you have some time maybe you could check it out and maybe give us a feedback about it?
Activity: 1036
Merit: 286
Amazon is working like a usual store. No that big advantage if they will accept Bitcoin but just another payment method. I also doubt customers will use mostly bitcoin payments here as it's more convenient to pay them thru bank cards.

Paypal on the other hand will take advantage of crypto-payments because of fees. And that's their service after all, payment processing system.

But whatever it is, it will be a good domino effect if Amazon will accept bitcoin as other merchants will surely follow. More acceptance, more awareness.

I can foresee that sooner or later, Amazon will also accept bitcoin or other alts in their payment system. It will be a domino effect when that happens. Other large ecommerce sites will follow. I guess, they are already thinking this by now.
Ever since Paypal and some Banks have already supported Bitcoin Amazon have already accepted Bitcoin as payment indirectly mate because the last time I checked all giant online shopping and store site integrated PayPal as one of their mode of payment but if Amazon public make the announcement of support Bitcoin it will also help Bitcoin to gain more awareness and surge in price.

Indeed, it has a big effect on the market if some e-commerce will adopt the use of bitcoin as their payment because any person that is using that website to buy will be curious what bitcoin is, and it is a big opportunity also to the community as the knowledge and the goodness of this token will become famous, just like what happen to Paypal when they allow bitcoin as payment since it is a system that processes payments. It's a big advantage to the market to gain more investors and also to help every project that is when they studied everything that is important to know before investing.
Activity: 658
Merit: 10
Catena X
If indeed Amazon is finally accepting payments with Bitcoin, then of course it will soon be copied by many other e-commerce sites around the world. The government will certainly take this into account. However, it is not certain that the government will just agree.
Activity: 2660
Merit: 651
Want top-notch marketing for your project, Hire me
Amazon is working like a usual store. No that big advantage if they will accept Bitcoin but just another payment method. I also doubt customers will use mostly bitcoin payments here as it's more convenient to pay them thru bank cards.

Paypal on the other hand will take advantage of crypto-payments because of fees. And that's their service after all, payment processing system.

But whatever it is, it will be a good domino effect if Amazon will accept bitcoin as other merchants will surely follow. More acceptance, more awareness.

I can foresee that sooner or later, Amazon will also accept bitcoin or other alts in their payment system. It will be a domino effect when that happens. Other large ecommerce sites will follow. I guess, they are already thinking this by now.
Ever since Paypal and some Banks have already supported Bitcoin Amazon have already accepted Bitcoin as payment indirectly mate because the last time I checked all giant online shopping and store site integrated PayPal as one of their mode of payment but if Amazon public make the announcement of support Bitcoin it will also help Bitcoin to gain more awareness and surge in price.
Activity: 2170
Merit: 530
In your opinion if Amazon accepts bitcoin, where will its value go and what do you think about this matter? Kiss Kiss Kiss

Right now, there's a big possibility that they would accept bitcoin as a mode of payment in Amazon because PayPal accepts it recently. Paypal's news that accepts bitcoin would hint to other businesses that they would accept it too as a part of a business's progress. Amazon would probably think if they would accept it now as other big businesses accepted it. They might just be learning it first before accepting it because we all know bitcoin price is not that stable compared to fiat.
Activity: 2968
Merit: 913
Amazon will accept Bitcoin only if two things happen:
1.The Bitcoin price becomes stable in the long term.
2.Millions of people start using Bitcoin for retail purchases online.This means that Bitcoin will be less suitable for an investment asset and more suitable as an actual currency.
With the Bitcoin price going up and an expected bullish market in the next months,I can't see Amazon accepting BTC payments.Less people will use BTC to buy stuff and more people will prefer to HODL.
Maybe Jeff Bezos will buy some BTC and start trading crypto,but Amazon won't accept any crypto coins for a long time.
Activity: 1274
Merit: 104
HEX: Longer pays better
In my opinion, what will happen if Amazon accepts bitcoin is that there will be quite a large mass adoption of bitcoin because there are many factors that will support the mass adoption, one of which is if bitcoin can be used in one of the largest marketplace platforms, there will be many people switching from USD to bitcoin. because the difference in fees is quite large and also the speed of wire transfer and bitcoin transactions will make bitcoin superior and the best option for making payments
copper member
Activity: 280
Merit: 0
I think it would be great if Amazon accepted bitcoin as a payment method. bitcoin will be increasingly popular in all countries, this will increase the popularity of investors in the crypto world, a good impact for bitcoin because the price will be more expensive from year to year. I think investing in bitcoin is a promising investment for the future.
That is interesting. I still wish that bitcoin is recognized worldwide, and that we can pay bitcoins for purchases on any online shopping platform.
Activity: 812
Merit: 105
I think it would be great if Amazon accepted bitcoin as a payment method. bitcoin will be increasingly popular in all countries, this will increase the popularity of investors in the crypto world, a good impact for bitcoin because the price will be more expensive from year to year. I think investing in bitcoin is a promising investment for the future.
Activity: 1260
Merit: 103
As far as I know, Amazon has no ideological issue with Bitcoin. But they don't want to deal with the volatility, legality and tax related issues which can come up if they accept BTC payments directly. And this is where PayPal comes in. Hopefully by mid-2021, PayPal will make it possible to make payments with BTC. That would mean that users would be able to do the same in Amazon, using PayPal.

Now it seems that the price fluctuation that occurs in bitcoin is the main barrier for them to be able to cooperate with bitcoin, because this price movement can trigger differences in every product they sell.

However, it would be different if bitcoin became more stable like USDT, most likely I think Amazon will have no problem working with bitcoin.

Or maybe they have their own strategy if they really want to work with bitcoin as an alternative payment tool later, all of which is impossible.
Activity: 1974
Merit: 453
Guys, don't you think that the question has now become irrelevant? PayPal has announced that by mid-2021, we will be able to make BTC payments using their platform. So it will be possible to make payments in Amazon using the BTC in our PayPal account. I think this is the closest we can get, as far as Bitcoin acceptance by Amazon is concerned. They are never going to accept direct payments in Bitcoin.
Activity: 2590
Merit: 644
what will happen? of course this is very good news if Amazon accepted Bitcoin,
after Paypal then other institutions will look to Bitcoin, and now the Amazon rumors have come,
if this news spreads on various social media, then it is certain that the Bullish will continue! and Bitcoin new all time high!.
^ That was good news rather. It is their lose if they didn't accept bitcoin or another cryptocurrency as early as now, but I am pretty sure that soon they will since other large companies have started acquiring bitcoin in their services or probably just like Facebook's project Libra they might be developing their own altcoin as another form of payment which if it happens surely it will be widely accepted in a blink of an eye. However, if Amazon will accept bitcoin as payment in the future that would mean a great mass adoption, and surely the bitcoin value will increase as high as it can almost reach the moon for the demand in bitcoin will also increase if at least half of the Amazon customers will use bitcoin by then.
Activity: 1064
Merit: 100
Combo Network
what will happen? of course this is very good news if Amazon accepted Bitcoin,
after Paypal then other institutions will look to Bitcoin, and now the Amazon rumors have come,
if this news spreads on various social media, then it is certain that the Bullish will continue! and Bitcoin new all time high!.
Activity: 462
Merit: 14
Amazon will be benefited too using the bitcoin as a means or option for payment. The Amazon platform can use existing platform or exchange that can convert bitcoin to fiat and fiat to bitcoin vice versa. This to provide a wide range of option when a customer buying their product. Both bitcoin system and amazon will benefit in this and that we should like to see sooner or later.
Activity: 1540
Merit: 102
There are some countries in the world where they can not buy with paypal easily so if amazon allow bitcoin and crypto currencies as a methode of payment they will attract the people living in these countries to buy from them because crypto is accessible anywhere in the world and their profits will grow.
legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1034
As far as I know, Amazon has no ideological issue with Bitcoin. But they don't want to deal with the volatility, legality and tax related issues which can come up if they accept BTC payments directly. And this is where PayPal comes in. Hopefully by mid-2021, PayPal will make it possible to make payments with BTC. That would mean that users would be able to do the same in Amazon, using PayPal.
Yess , take facebook libra as example.
Complicated af , everything looks hard to legalize and applying crypto in the mainstream universe where a lot of interest involved, especially banks.
Amazon wont face that , a free tax they got is enough they wont get in touble .
Too much risk must be taken , for now i cannot see it happening , they maybe will wait and see.
But of course it is gonna be a next big step if amazon do accept bitcoin or any crypto.
Pages:
Jump to: