Pages:
Author

Topic: What will happen to Bitcoin year after 2140 ? - page 2. (Read 3477 times)

legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393
You lead and I'll watch you walk away.
I wonder what would happen to Bitcoin after the year 2140, while mining will end and the last block will be mined.
Are there will not remain Bitcoin ? Is the transaction will be possible ? or what ?
At least i will be dead  Undecided Undecided !!!!

in the year 2140 people will have technology smaller than a wristwatch that has internet connections to verify blocks.

miners wont do it for profit so farms would die out and instead it would be users of bitcoin doing it across the world purely to transact.
there would be no fee's and people would only do it as they want to keep bitcoin alive.

Or Mother Earth performs another natural correction and H1N27 pandemic kills 82% of the worlds population. Not only is there no more Bitcoin but no more society. The human race is living in the dark ages again where things exchange hands through barter only.
legendary
Activity: 2982
Merit: 1506
Pie Baking Contest: https://tinyurl.com/2s3z6dee
I am curious why you chosen 2140  Grin I don't know exactly what will happen, but IMO bitcoin will be a currency that be recognized by government. You will hear about bitcoin corruption, bitcoin bank, or the special cyber crime police to catch bitcoin hacker.

Its too far to think about it but i think that it would a global currency across the globe and everyone would be using it as a mode of payment and no one would be using fiat currency or credit card to make a payment even at a grocery shop. and even the small vendors would start accepting it as a mode of payment.

Well we don't know what will be happen in 100 years later  Smiley
But you're right, in future we can buy anything with your wallet in gadget, and if your gadget was stolen, the wallet is still safe in blockchain.
Activity: 546
Merit: 500
I am curious why you chosen 2140  Grin I don't know exactly what will happen, but IMO bitcoin will be a currency that be recognized by government. You will hear about bitcoin corruption, bitcoin bank, or the special cyber crime police to catch bitcoin hacker.

Its too far to think about it but i think that it would a global currency across the globe and everyone would be using it as a mode of payment and no one would be using fiat currency or credit card to make a payment even at a grocery shop. and even the small vendors would start accepting it as a mode of payment.
Activity: 686
Merit: 500
fb.com/Bitky.shop | Bitcoin Merch!Premium Quality!
I wonder what would happen to Bitcoin after the year 2140, while mining will end and the last block will be mined.
Are there will not remain Bitcoin ? Is the transaction will be possible ? or what ?
At least i will be dead  Undecided Undecided !!!!

Are you human? you will dead Cheesy

idk, maybe bitcoin price will $10000000/BTC Cheesy

~iki
legendary
I am curious why you chosen 2140  Grin I don't know exactly what will happen, but IMO bitcoin will be a currency that be recognized by government. You will hear about bitcoin corruption, bitcoin bank, or the special cyber crime police to catch bitcoin hacker.

https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Controlled_supply

it's because there will be no more halving, and we will enter the fees era
You didn't understand his question. He was asking why. "Why won't the last halving be in 2240? "
Do you understand now?

no he clearly said "why you chose 2140", like there was a specific reason behind it, which is what i've posted

and it doesn't make sense for him to ask what you've interpreted from his post....he clearly didn't know that the last halving was in 2140

and it is obvious that the OP has used that number because of that table...

Well honestly I haven't read that wiki yet, so I was curious about why number 2140. Thanks for your information mr. Amph  Smiley
legendary
Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069
I am curious why you chosen 2140  Grin I don't know exactly what will happen, but IMO bitcoin will be a currency that be recognized by government. You will hear about bitcoin corruption, bitcoin bank, or the special cyber crime police to catch bitcoin hacker.

You didn't understand his question. He was asking why. "Why won't the last halving be in 2240? "
Do you understand now?

no he clearly said "why you chose 2140", like there was a specific reason behind it, which is what i've posted

and it doesn't make sense for him to ask what you've interpreted from his post....he clearly didn't know that the last halving was in 2140

and it is obvious that the OP has used that number because of that table...
legendary
Activity: 1862
Merit: 1015

That must be question from every individuals that known how bitcoin works.
But at least, I still believe bitcoin still can exist for a few years but I'm doubt for a century. So just be glad for today because we still can use bitcoin without having any problem
Activity: 168
Merit: 100
You cannot predict the future of Bitcoin, why bother to keep trying? Everyone predicted it would be 10k a coin by now
legendary
Activity: 868
Merit: 1004
What will happen to gold in 2140? What will happen to the US dollar? What will happen to the European Union? It's totally impossible to make predictions so far in the future, so don't bother thinking about it.
As for gold you can be sure that nothing will change. Gold is eternal, we don't have a efficient way to create gold in lab environment. But as far as currency like Dollar or Euro or Bitcoin goes, we can't be sure.
All I can say is that there won't be bitcoin in 2140 for sure, not in the form as we know it now. There will be however "Bitcoin ver. X" or some other form of electronic money, that is certain.

You can't create the network effect in a lab either, which is all that Gold has. There are a ton of other metals out there, they aren't any different from Gold, except Gold for some reason became the king of metals, just like Bitcoin became the king of crypto. It's all about that network effect.
legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1005
★Nitrogensports.eu★
What will happen to gold in 2140? What will happen to the US dollar? What will happen to the European Union? It's totally impossible to make predictions so far in the future, so don't bother thinking about it.
As for gold you can be sure that nothing will change. Gold is eternal, we don't have a efficient way to create gold in lab environment. But as far as currency like Dollar or Euro or Bitcoin goes, we can't be sure.
All I can say is that there won't be bitcoin in 2140 for sure, not in the form as we know it now. There will be however "Bitcoin ver. X" or some other form of electronic money, that is certain.
legendary
Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965
Terminated.

Do you understand now?

Honestly, these threads are ridiculous. We can't even correctly predict what is going to happen next year. Unless something get's developed in time, we won't get close to seeing what is going to happen.
It doesn't really matter right now.
legendary
Activity: 4214
Merit: 4458

in the year 2140 people will have technology smaller than a wristwatch that has internet connections to verify blocks.

miners wont do it for profit so farms would die out and instead it would be users of bitcoin doing it across the world purely to transact.
there would be no fee's and people would only do it as they want to keep bitcoin alive.
legendary
Activity: 3052
Merit: 1047
Your country may be your worst enemy
legendary
Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

legendary
Activity: 1358
Merit: 1014

Well we need regulations one way or another specially for smart contracts, because right now it's pretty useless that you sign a smart contract in the blockchain that says you X property, unless it's officially recognized by the state so they can send police in case someone claims is not yours and steps on your property.
legendary
legendary
Activity: 1204
Merit: 1028
Anyone holding 1 BTC will be a billonaire by then, since by that time BTC will be the undisputed earth's standard unit of value, and not only earth, but whatever planets we've colonized too. The blockchain will be able to propagate in other planets as one.
We'll be all dead by then tho, so whatever. At least I hope we can retire early.

Oh really 1 billion for a btc  Grin Then you woke up mate, come on. BItcoin will never be allowed to be the 'undisputed standard unit of value' there will be a world government by then, do you think they are creating that because they want to give people freedoms as bitcoin does.

I really don't think it matters about bitcoin in 2140 as I think there will be something else digital credits which people will be forced to use.

Miners will be paid by fee's of course if it is still around not that I care I am long gone.

Why not? It could replace gold as the standard, so things get valued in regards to Bitcoin instead of Gold, which is a pretty deprecated asset besides the bast network effect.
But yeah in a pretty scary scenareo, the government could ban all Bitcoin transactions and push their own closed source e-cash, which would mean Bitcoin returns to its rots of an underground economy.
legendary
Activity: 1638
Merit: 1163
Where is my ring of blades...
if by 2140 skynet haven't yet destroyed humanity and taken over all bitcoin resources, then miner would still continue mining bitcoin and what they earn from this is only the amount of fee which in included in each transaction.
Activity: 191
Merit: 100
Dadice Fixed Rate.
Anyone holding 1 BTC will be a billonaire by then, since by that time BTC will be the undisputed earth's standard unit of value, and not only earth, but whatever planets we've colonized too. The blockchain will be able to propagate in other planets as one.
We'll be all dead by then tho, so whatever. At least I hope we can retire early.

Oh really 1 billion for a btc  Grin Then you woke up mate, come on. BItcoin will never be allowed to be the 'undisputed standard unit of value' there will be a world government by then, do you think they are creating that because they want to give people freedoms as bitcoin does.

I really don't think it matters about bitcoin in 2140 as I think there will be something else digital credits which people will be forced to use.

Miners will be paid by fee's of course if it is still around not that I care I am long gone.
legendary
Activity: 1946
Merit: 1137
i don't know why you are thinking about 100 years in the future. bitcoin is a new technology and the first cryptocurrency that is being used vastly.
in 100 years later who knows what new technologies have been replaced bitcoin completely or maybe added new features to bitcoin.
also mining will never end as long as bitcoin is being used. since mining means confirming the transaction and the reward will be the fees that are included by the tx.
Pages:
Jump to: